Sons of Anarchy...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Sons of Anarchy...

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:33 am

Sets up the season finale nicely.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:37 am

skullman80 wrote:Good episode. Next week is gonna be nuts if its the season finale.

Post my thoughts in the morning cause I'm tired lol.

It is the season finale.

Gonna be crazy.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 am

Spoiler:
Juice is dead come season finale right?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 am

Dragged on.... I know it sets up next week, but it felt boring and long... the finale better kill it because imo, this season is a complete turd tbh.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:39 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Spoiler:
Juice is dead come season finale right?

Gotta be.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

SoupOrSam wrote:Dragged on.... I know it sets up next week, but it felt boring and long... the finale better kill it because imo, this season is a complete turd tbh.

Seriously?

other than some of the Tara crap, I've loved this season.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 am

Why....why didn't Tara go to the DA? WTH is she going to do now?

IB4 hopefully die
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:09 am

Once again, I don't understand Tara's motives... unless she really wants to die, which I'm not convinced of... If she really wanted to live with her sons in peace, witness protection was the way to go. Now the Sons will hunt her down and kill her... I don't see any way that they don't at this point.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:10 am

:fist:
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:12 am

I've made no bones about hating Tara, but I seriously don't get her at all... if we're going to say the safety of her boys was her top priority (and her desire to keep them safe her only redeeming quality tbh)... she certainly picked the worst road of those available in that regard...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:38 am

Agreed. I'm a Tara fan. I want her and the boys to safe and gone from that life. If the episode ended with her in the DAs office it could have been the series finale and I would be happy.

This leads me to believe she has something hidden up her sleeve.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 am

Spoiler:
Of course Tara has something up her sleeve, she is a manipulative, lying, *****. She will get what is coming to her. Her motives were never all about her kids even though she made it seem that way. The only thing I can think of is she thought about taking the deal, but then once she took the kids and ran... she had second thoughts and now she is in no mans land.. where she has no protection and the MC is gonna come after her. ... Or she thinks she can convince Jax to come with her and leave the MC, which we know isn't gonna happen. Those are the only scenarios I can think of that could possibly be going through her head since she ran but didn't go to the DA. Both poor decisions if either are the case. Whatever... I hope she dies sooner than later.

Juice is as good as dead you would think, but weirder things have happened on this show before. Seemed like Nero was poised to flip **** on Jax due to what Juice told him there at the end until he realized what happened to Jax's kids. Still think that is gonna come to a head one way or the other next week. From the previews it showed Jax hugging Juice and saying that he betrayed him... so yeah.

I've enjoyed this season alot.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 am

You don't have kids do you? Everything she is doing is for her kids whether you believe her or not.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:00 am

Something I was thinking about... were we supposed to be led to believe that Abel asking if Daddy was going to be there caused her to not go t the DA, or was that her plan all along?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:02 am

Tara aside, I loved the way things played out with the Chinese/Conner/Marks. I almost fell over when Marks said his mother's maiden name was McDuffy.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

PensFanInDC wrote:You don't have kids do you? Everything she is doing is for her kids whether you believe her or not.

I don't have kids. Well I have two animals that act like children, but I suppose they don't count haha.

That being said, me not having kids, doesn't make me not able to have a valid opinion on her actions.

I'll just agree to disagree.

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:43 am

skullman80 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:You don't have kids do you? Everything she is doing is for her kids whether you believe her or not.

I don't have kids. Well I have two animals that act like children, but I suppose they don't count haha.

That being said, me not having kids, doesn't make me not able to have a valid opinion on her actions.

I'll just agree to disagree.

1st of all having pets is great training wheels for parenthood :D I remember the exact moment when I realized that my son was smarter than any dog I had ever raised and was only going to get smarter. I think he was 8 months old at the time.

I don't think your opinion is invalid. It's an opinion....of a TV show. :lol:

My point is that, as a parent, I am watching this show differently now. Hell, I watch everything differently now. Stephen King has said that Pet Semetary is the scariest novel he has ever written. He would lock himself in his office and told his wife that if she heard screams to not come in. It was just him reading what he had written. When I learned that I had to read it (even though I had seen the movie). It wasn't scary at all. It's a good book but not very scary. I fear reading that book now knowing that my outlook on EVERYTHING has changed and it affects even my entertainment. I can tell you, from a parent's perspective at least, that Tara is being a mother and she is doing ANYTHING she can to protect her children the best way she knows how. Sometimes parents forego morals for the better of their children whether it is right or not.

This is what makes her latest decision most confusing as TWC and I pointed out. I think she might have a way to save her children and protect the club. Basically she has taken on the role of Jax over the past few seasons. His role was to get the club out of guns and protect his family. Jax's role is complete (in his mind). The club is out of guns, the DA will "come to her senses" and honor the deal, and Tara won't go to jail thus preserving his family. He and Tara will "learn to make this work" when everything has calmed down. That was until the final 5 minutes of the episode.

This season has felt like LOST to me a little. If people on that island just talked to each other and told everyone about all the weird stuff they were seeing maybe the mystery of the island would have been solved earlier. If Jax and Tara had been speaking to each other then Tara might have chosen her actions differently. She wants out so bad that maybe she wouldn't have, but if she knew that within days the club would be out of guns and her case would disappear maybe she would have acted differently.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:51 am

I can see where you are coming from with that. I guess we shall see in the season finale and into next season.

Either way ....love this show! Once everything is wrapped up next season, I want to have a marathon and just watch everything from beginning to end one last time just to see how it all flows.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:54 am

If the episode had ended with with Tara walking into the DAs office and handing her the bullet it could have been the series finale and I would have been happy.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 am

PFiDC,

Here's an article that defends Tara that I think you'll like.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/inde ... ertainment
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am

Excellent article. Thank you.

I've seen some arguments that Tara crossed a line with the whole fake pregnancy thing this season, but when you consider the monstrous actions we've seen Jax and Gemma take this year, how does she not have the moral high ground heading into the finale? Even tonight, Tara does everything in her power to spare the kids the pain of what's really going on, turning Abel away as she draws down on Unser, then breaking into tears when the boy asks if "Daddy" will be there as she drives out of town with the children.

It's a level of remorse we rarely see from Jax or Gemma, and whatever bad memories the boys might have from the actions of "You Are My Sunshine" are likely nothing compared to the mental scarring they would suffer in the club's care with all-out warfare possibly coming to Charming and Oakland.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 am

the wicked child wrote:
SoupOrSam wrote:Dragged on.... I know it sets up next week, but it felt boring and long... the finale better kill it because imo, this season is a complete turd tbh.

Seriously?

other than some of the Tara crap, I've loved this season.

I am honestly upset with how Sutter wrote this season. Not because of anything in particular, but because of how slow the entire season was minus a few episodes. It started off ok in episode 1, but until _______ was shot it was pretty meaningless, and I don't really remember much of it because it was that boring imo. It's too late to develop the characters more than he has done in the previous five seasons. Sort of just feel like Sutter has left them in limbo. I don't feel like the mc is the focus of the show. Just a whole bunch of shallow individual things happening one after another separated by commercials. It doesn't flow for me the way the others have. I feel a disconnect and I don't think Sutter planned it out that way. I'm a die hard fan, watched each season multiple times, but really find my interest wavering. That's why I said the finale better kill it, to make me yearn for s7 like I did for s6 when s5 ended. I couldn't stop talking about s5. Now I can't wait until this turd of a season just ends so I can maybe get a few more arenas or rated battlegrounds in, in World of Warcraft. :)

Oh yeah... just to add.... I found it pretty laughable and disappointed Sutter played the exact same angle again as always with the chinese/black/irish thing. There was no surprise, just more meh. If you can't tell, yeah.... I'm really not liking this season, because I'm nitpicking crap like that. lol.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:31 pm

the wicked child wrote:Something I was thinking about... were we supposed to be led to believe that Abel asking if Daddy was going to be there caused her to not go t the DA, or was that her plan all along?

I think it played into her decision. I believe she intended to go to the DA, but deep down didnt want to. The Daddy comment played on her doubts.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 pm

I still hope Tara dies. I know that probably makes me a bad person, but oh well. I can't stand her.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:I don't feel like the mc is the focus of the show.

That's because it isn't. The show has moved to a place (just before the final season) where the story is more about the characters involved and not the MC as a club. There will be some club focus moving forward with an impending war on the horizon, but Sutter has always been about his characters more than the groups they form. The Shield moved the same way. Towards the end it was all about how each character ended up.

This is setting up to be a rather emotional end to the series.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR