Saw Xmen-3 today - SPOILER

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Saw Xmen-3 today - SPOILER

Postby elij21 on Sat May 27, 2006 12:39 am

It's a good movie, lots more action then the first two. The only thing I didn't like is that to much people died. People who saw it understand what I mean because the ended the movie for a fourth one but killed off an important character.
elij21

Re: Saw Xmen-3 today

Postby Kicksave on Sat May 27, 2006 1:17 pm

elij21 wrote:It's a good movie, lots more action then the first two. The only thing I didn't like is that to much people died. People who saw it understand what I mean because the ended the movie for a fourth one but killed off an important character.

Can you please, next time, put spoiler in the topic bc I didn't watn to know that happened bc i haven't seen it yet. I know you didnt say who but now i'll be expecting it. Thanks.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat May 27, 2006 2:35 pm

Terrible movie, even as a popcorn flick. The first two were pretty good, this one is just horrid though.

THis is what happens when you don't have Bryan Singer directing the movie.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby netwolf on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:38 pm

I saw this today and if there isn't a 4th movie to make amends, I'm gonna be mad. Whomever wrote that script should never be allowed to write another film again. I know these films aren't going to follow the books to the letter and I'm fine with that, but I can't believe Marvel allowed this to be made.

I don't know that Singer would have been able to do any better if he had been saddled with this abomination of a script. Maybe it's why he walked off to go do Superman Returns.

Beyond my major gripes with the script, the movie felt very rushed. No mention or explantion for the absence of some characters (most notably Nightcrawler) very little background on new ones (Callisto, Multiple Man, Psylocke) Angel was shown in the beginning then had maybe 2 or 3 scenes beyond that.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:07 pm

netwolf wrote:I don't know that Singer would have been able to do any better if he had been saddled with this abomination of a script. Maybe it's why he walked off to go do Superman Returns.

I read that was precisely why he left the movie. Thing is, the directing was great, as was the acting. As much as I liked the movie because of the action, there was only so much they could do with that script. It felt to me that they didn't want to make a 4th movie.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:08 am

netwolf wrote:I don't know that Singer would have been able to do any better if he had been saddled with this abomination of a script. Maybe it's why he walked off to go do Superman Returns.

First... it was Singer's complete lack of concern on keeping the characters ANYTHING like they are/were in the comic that allowed the story lines to go soooo far off base. He started with completely changing histories and the group makeup, so if anyone wants to complain about any of that... point at him.

Second, I guess none of you bothered to wait until AFTER the credits. Um... the movie was not "over" when the credits started. There was a 10 second blurb after the credits... Someone isn't dead...
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:39 am

I stayed after the credits, so I know about that. I still thought the script sucked eggs. I'm tired of people killing off major characters, then hiding behind the "well, no one is ever really dead in the comic universe." The whole "cure isn't permanent" tease with Magneto at the end was also crap. Like a company that is going to sink that much R&D into drug isn't going to have long term studies in place to know it wears off?

Like I said, they might be able to rectify this if they make a 4th one and get it right, but if the series ends here it was a horrible way to go out. I read a bunch of interviews, and with the exception of Patrick Stewart, no one seemed to be interested in another one.

I know you are way more up on the history of this book than I am, so can you cite some examples from the first two where Singer went way off base? I was surprised to hear you say that because most of what I had read when Singer left was that fans were disappointed by it.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:23 pm

netwolf wrote:I stayed after the credits, so I know about that.

What happened after the credits?
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:56 pm

Well, since the thread title has SPOILER in it, this should be okay...

Remember when Xavier was talking with his students about ethics and they brought up the video link to Moira MacTaggart and the patient who had no conscious mind? The camera goes back to that room and they show the doctor checking on the patient and she's about to leave the room when you hear Xavier's voice say, "Hello Moira."

Evidently, Professor X transferred himself there just before his body was destroyed. I read somewhere that that patient may be Charles' twin brother, who was born in that condition, but not sure if that's actually true as I do not know the books all that well.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR