Steelers' Rookie Holmes Arrested

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Steelers' Rookie Holmes Arrested

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat May 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Peter on Sat May 27, 2006 8:58 pm

juicy. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Peter

Postby netwolf on Sat May 27, 2006 9:52 pm

Sounds like the officer's word vs. his. I don't know what his character is like, but it would seem that if the Steelers had any inkling he might be a problem off the field they would have gone after someone else.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby spoon on Sat May 27, 2006 11:03 pm

i wonder if he pulled the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!" card. In that case the cop was thinkin "oh hell yeah buddy... yer done for."
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fast B on Sat May 27, 2006 11:16 pm

spoon wrote:i wonder if he pulled the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!" card.

Too bad the Juggernaut wasn't available in free agency.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Sun May 28, 2006 8:29 am

When he first arrived in Pittsburgh he came off as a well spoken individual with his head on straight. Personally, I'm not reading too much into this situation. It's not as if he raped somebody or was busted selling drugs. The kid is still young and got arrested for disorderly conduct (basically amounts to staying out past a certain curfew). Hell, the majority of people I went to college with were either arrested or came very close to getting arrested for disorderly conduct. They went on to become lawyers, doctors, engineers and entrepreneurs.

Eitherway, I'm sure the veterans on this team will pull him aside and have a little talk with him when he arrives back in Pittsburgh. At the same time, I'm also sure that fans who never even watch the game will blow this story up and make this guy out to be the next OJ Simpson.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby Peter on Sun May 28, 2006 8:54 am

Question: Why wasn't he at the voluntary workouts here in Pittsburgh?
Peter

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Sun May 28, 2006 9:23 am

Peter wrote:Question: Why wasn't he at the voluntary workouts here in Pittsburgh?

Unlike the NBA or MLB, no rookie can join his team until the end of his college semester unless he has graduated. That means that every undergraduate Ohio State rookie, such as Holmes, cannot join an NFL team -- except for a three-day minicamp -- until June 8, which is when the Buckeyes' school term ends and, coincidentally, the Steelers' workouts stop until training camp.
Last edited by PittsburghSportsFan on Sun May 28, 2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Sun May 28, 2006 9:24 am

I would also like to point that there used to be a WR that played for the Steelers back in the 70's that got arrested for DC before his rookie training camp. His name was Lyn Swann.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby Draftnik on Sun May 28, 2006 9:49 am

This is no big deal. If he doesn't have a criminal record the charges will probably be dropped and it will end up as if this incident never happened.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Mon May 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Actually this is a good thing if it makes a lasting impression on the young man. How much a little thing can be blown way out of proportion because of you stature. It's not like he was driving a truckload of pot or driving intoxicated. Consider it a lesson learned, be more careful in your surroundings and keep your yap shut.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Steelers' Rookie Holmes Arrested

Postby NIN on Tue May 30, 2006 12:40 am

Ben Klingston wrote:http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/s_455741.html

lol. This guy is already the next Plexico Burress.
NIN

Postby conforto45 on Tue May 30, 2006 1:39 pm

is he even old enough to drink?
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Tue May 30, 2006 3:03 pm

He was not intoxicated.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby MrKnowNothing on Tue May 30, 2006 4:22 pm

He has to be old enough anyways, because he was a fourth year Junior at Ohio State.
MrKnowNothing

Postby Pitts on Tue May 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Besides that, I think the legal age in Florida is 19 anyway.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR