Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 am

Spent about 10 hours this weekend just playing the Auction House on NHL 11 HUT without playing a single game. Pure pwnage. I always reminisce about the AH domination I had on WoW back in the day, this definitely has given me a fix.

With only playing 15 games, I have about 45k pucks worth of auctions on the AH right now. Pretty tapped out on pucks other than that, but, have really spent a lot putting together most of my team:

Filatov - ___ - Voracek (89)
Perron (89) - Berglund (88) - Boyes (87)
Nystrom (80) - Langkow (82 - Hornqvist (87)
Kovisto - Some swedish dude - Klingberg (all from Forlunda)

Fleury (93)

D is still a work in progress. Have a trade offer in for Vermette to center the top line or may just buy Brassard. Chemistry is huge. 96 Chemistry on Lines 2 and 4, 78 chemistry on line 3, hoping for 96 on line 1 as well.


Awesome.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,225
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:40 am

meecrofilm wrote:Yeah, the "reward" is the fact you beat it.

And darn it all! I didn't know you only had to kill the boomerang guys! That would've saved me a bunch of time.... I just assumed you had to kill every enemy in that section.. :face: Oh well... I guess I had 101% completion then :lol:


Yeah, pretty much that lady just appears on your ship. I was waiting for some nice alternate ending. O

But it was a great game. They've done a really good job on SMG and SMG2. But it will be nice to finally move onto something different now.

Sucks you had to go through and kill everyone on that last section. Had to be tough.

Luckily I watched the youtube video and knew I only had to take out those three. Made it easier.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am

I played a bunch of Zombie Mod Counterstrike over the weekend for the nostalgic lulz....fun times. I probably wouldn't play the original CS again, but Zombie Mod is a blast
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,055
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 am

Kraftster wrote:Spent about 10 hours this weekend just playing the Auction House on NHL 11 HUT without playing a single game. Pure pwnage. I always reminisce about the AH domination I had on WoW back in the day, this definitely has given me a fix.

With only playing 15 games, I have about 45k pucks worth of auctions on the AH right now. Pretty tapped out on pucks other than that, but, have really spent a lot putting together most of my team:

Filatov - ___ - Voracek (89)
Perron (89) - Berglund (88) - Boyes (87)
Nystrom (80) - Langkow (82 - Hornqvist (87)
Kovisto - Some swedish dude - Klingberg (all from Forlunda)

Fleury (93)

D is still a work in progress. Have a trade offer in for Vermette to center the top line or may just buy Brassard. Chemistry is huge. 96 Chemistry on Lines 2 and 4, 78 chemistry on line 3, hoping for 96 on line 1 as well.


Awesome.


Also, anyone that has spent substantial time in HUT, how do you manage the cap? I know I'm already up against it and I don't have nearly the D I'd like to have and I have a scrub fourth line all under 1000 cap hit and a bum backup goalie?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,225
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kraftster on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 am

FYI, I realized I really messed up with the cap and finally have it figured out. You really have to lock guys up long-term before training them. Their salary stays the same for the duration of their contract from the time that you sign them, so, steps are: (1) sign long-term, (2) train away. D'oh. I'm going to have to blow up my team, I think.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,225
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:36 pm

This speed run is sick considering how difficult this game is:





SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,319
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm

SolidSnake wrote:This speed run is sick considering how difficult this game is:






<3
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,027
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Bob McKenzie on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Kraftster wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Spent about 10 hours this weekend just playing the Auction House on NHL 11 HUT without playing a single game. Pure pwnage. I always reminisce about the AH domination I had on WoW back in the day, this definitely has given me a fix.

With only playing 15 games, I have about 45k pucks worth of auctions on the AH right now. Pretty tapped out on pucks other than that, but, have really spent a lot putting together most of my team:

Filatov - ___ - Voracek (89)
Perron (89) - Berglund (88) - Boyes (87)
Nystrom (80) - Langkow (82 - Hornqvist (87)
Kovisto - Some swedish dude - Klingberg (all from Forlunda)

Fleury (93)

D is still a work in progress. Have a trade offer in for Vermette to center the top line or may just buy Brassard. Chemistry is huge. 96 Chemistry on Lines 2 and 4, 78 chemistry on line 3, hoping for 96 on line 1 as well.


Awesome.


Also, anyone that has spent substantial time in HUT, how do you manage the cap? I know I'm already up against it and I don't have nearly the D I'd like to have and I have a scrub fourth line all under 1000 cap hit and a bum backup goalie?


I have Luongo as my starter and some bum who is a 58 or something making 600 as my backup. You have to look for solid chemistry on your 3rd/4th lines relatively inexpensive while doing the same for your 3rd defensive pairing. I have my 3rd line as Marty Straka and two of his Pilzen boys for 96 chemistry and two bums from the Wild as my 3rd pairing on D.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Bob McKenzie on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 pm

Kraftster wrote:FYI, I realized I really messed up with the cap and finally have it figured out. You really have to lock guys up long-term before training them. Their salary stays the same for the duration of their contract from the time that you sign them, so, steps are: (1) sign long-term, (2) train away. D'oh. I'm going to have to blow up my team, I think.


Save up for certain players.

I have a Stamkos unplayed "yet." I have his contract at 86 games (got an 80 contract card) and he's maxed out at 99's for everything (a few all 5's for training). His contract is redonkulous for what he's maxed out at.

I've been saving up for when I get a jumbo pack to hope guys like Stamkos, Ovechkin, Sid, and or Geno were in there. Someone got 500k pucks for an untouched Crosby on the Auction House.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,975
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:07 am
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kraftster on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 am

Bob McKenzie wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Spent about 10 hours this weekend just playing the Auction House on NHL 11 HUT without playing a single game. Pure pwnage. I always reminisce about the AH domination I had on WoW back in the day, this definitely has given me a fix.

With only playing 15 games, I have about 45k pucks worth of auctions on the AH right now. Pretty tapped out on pucks other than that, but, have really spent a lot putting together most of my team:

Filatov - ___ - Voracek (89)
Perron (89) - Berglund (88) - Boyes (87)
Nystrom (80) - Langkow (82 - Hornqvist (87)
Kovisto - Some swedish dude - Klingberg (all from Forlunda)

Fleury (93)

D is still a work in progress. Have a trade offer in for Vermette to center the top line or may just buy Brassard. Chemistry is huge. 96 Chemistry on Lines 2 and 4, 78 chemistry on line 3, hoping for 96 on line 1 as well.


Awesome.


Also, anyone that has spent substantial time in HUT, how do you manage the cap? I know I'm already up against it and I don't have nearly the D I'd like to have and I have a scrub fourth line all under 1000 cap hit and a bum backup goalie?


I have Luongo as my starter and some bum who is a 58 or something making 600 as my backup. You have to look for solid chemistry on your 3rd/4th lines relatively inexpensive while doing the same for your 3rd defensive pairing. I have my 3rd line as Marty Straka and two of his Pilzen boys for 96 chemistry and two bums from the Wild as my 3rd pairing on D.


Yeah, my fourth line is cheap and 96 chemistry and also pretty good, Carl Klingberg has pretty high potential, turned him into a nice checking forward for me.

I ended up selling Fleury and blowing up my D. I'm close to getting a full roster again, I have the following:

Filatov (90) - Brassard (87) - Voracek (89) - (96 chemistry) All around ~40 games on their base salary with a couple slots left each.
Perron (89) - Berglund (88) - Backes (87) - (96 chemistry) Boyes sucked, was able to get an UT Backes for cheap last night. Backes one training slot left, all on about 40 year deals.
Nystrom (85) - Langkow (82) - Undecided - But not Hornqvist. I can't sell him (free pack), so, I'll keep him around to plug in as needed.
Swedes (96 Chemistry) - all max trained and about 30 year deals

Yandle (83) - Michalek (86) - (99 chemistry) Both a few slots left, about 40 year deals
I haven't completely decided on my second pairing yet
Pysyk (untrained) - some Oil Kings partner (untrained) - I have a bunch of +9 def/chk cards I'll use on these guys and probably some skating cards and they'll be an effective, cheap pair.

Undecided in goal too. I kind of want to train Lehner so I can afford a good second pairing on D. I have about 8xvarious +9 goalie cards. If I could buy one +5 all I could probably get Lehner to an 88 for like a 940 salary. +5 stats cards are ridiculously expensive right now. You can't justify using them on a player that has anything less than an 80 year deal. Those are few and far between on the AH right now and also ridiculously expensive. I want to start playing, though. I've played one game in my last, like, 25 hours of HUT, so, I may just sign Lehner to 40 and upgrade away then use a couple of my rotating trade assets on D. I'd love to get Folwer and Ellis and sign them both to 80 yrs and max them out.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,225
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Current video game being played

Postby André on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

There is an NHL 11 thread. :)

And Krafster, I'm loving your fourth line there ;)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,346
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:12 am

So how exactly do you play the AH on NHL? I can crush the wow AH, are you just buying low and selling high? I always set cards, but they literally never sell.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,318
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Kraftster on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 am

I couldn't find an NHL 11 thread. Where is it?

p.s. the center is Joel Lundqvist

Malk - yeah, just like wow. Buy low/sell high. I usually target rare prospect cards, they seem to be the best money makers because guys might be 69 overall and the nubs think they suck. But it might be a Cam Folwer or something who is I believe 71/85 or something like that. So you'll find rare prospect cards listed for 500 pucks maybe, which can be sold for anywhere from 1250-3500. I got a Dylan McIlrath for 300 and sold for 3750 the other day. That's like hours of gameplay worth of pucks in 1 minute.

Like wow it just takes some time to get a feel for the market and track what players are going for.

The other thing you want to watch out for is that only untouched cards (no training, not played) are reliable, in my opinion. People tend to want UT cards. I only dabble in used cards if its a clear, clear bargain. That may also explain why they are not selling.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,225
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Current video game being played

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:19 am

neophool wrote:holy balls i just played thru the Civilation V demo in one sitting....i might have to buy this game....


Buy it. I have 39 hours in and it came out last Tuesday. I haven't touched NHL11 since it came out. Game of the forever.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,719
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 am

Kraftster wrote:I couldn't find an NHL 11 thread. Where is it?

p.s. the center is Joel Lundqvist

Malk - yeah, just like wow. Buy low/sell high. I usually target rare prospect cards, they seem to be the best money makers because guys might be 69 overall and the nubs think they suck. But it might be a Cam Folwer or something who is I believe 71/85 or something like that. So you'll find rare prospect cards listed for 500 pucks maybe, which can be sold for anywhere from 1250-3500. I got a Dylan McIlrath for 300 and sold for 3750 the other day. That's like hours of gameplay worth of pucks in 1 minute.

Like wow it just takes some time to get a feel for the market and track what players are going for.

The other thing you want to watch out for is that only untouched cards (no training, not played) are reliable, in my opinion. People tend to want UT cards. I only dabble in used cards if its a clear, clear bargain. That may also explain why they are not selling.



Yea I got fooled the first day, I bought a Ryan Smith card for like 600 pucks and he only had one game left for his career lol.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,318
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 pm

I may try to beat TMNT 1 for NES tonight that speed run got me determined lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,319
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:31 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I may try to beat TMNT 1 for NES tonight that speed run got me determined lol


I always got stuck on the third board in the game. I have beaten the game, but that third board still haunts me.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:33 pm

newarenanow wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I may try to beat TMNT 1 for NES tonight that speed run got me determined lol


I always got stuck on the third board in the game. I have beaten the game, but that third board still haunts me.

Watch that speed run :scared:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,319
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

Never finished tmnt 1. It's not really fun to me though it has that super awesome mini boss music. I <3 2 and 3 though.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,905
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Current video game being played

Postby André on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:44 am

Krafster: It's in NHR (which is why I missed it too as those threads have usually been in NPR).
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,346
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 am
Location: Gävle, Sweden

Re: Current video game being played

Postby neophool on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:38 am

damn 100 turn limit on Civ V demo. 2nd demo game and i had the most well-fed people!!! i was about to destroy Bismarck!!! I just made archers!!!!! I was the 2nd to last in "mostest literate people" ARGH!!!!!!
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,369
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:36 am
Location: The Dumps

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:50 am

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,319
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:52 am

Been playing RDR again. I'd like to beat it before I get rid of it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,318
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:37 am

Malkamaniac wrote: I'd like to beat it before I get rid of it.


That's what she said.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:32 pm

That TMNT speed run was crazy.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajh2298, Humperdink, mikey287, skullman80, stopper40 and 5 guests


e-mail