Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:28 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Played the first two levels [of Medal of Honor] so far. I think it's ok, the framerate dropping is annoying as all hell. Also, I'll be starting up Batman Arkham Asylum tonight. I heard it was awesome, so I'm excited to play it.

Didn't have any framerate issues, but it took me a week to get the game up and running on my PC; some weird conflict with AVG was preventing the cut scene halfway through the first level from kicking off. So I could play the first 10 minutes or whatever, then the game would just stop. I could run around and shoot stuff, but I couldn't do anything to get the order to open the door to start the cut scene.

EA's customer service directed me to ign.com, because they (EA) didn't handle 'game play issues'.

Grrrrrrrr.

You'll love Arkham. It's a richly detailed and realized world, and the combat system is pretty good. I found the mini-boss battles to be pretty tough, too. Can't wait for the sequel.

Nice can't wait to get playing it!
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Just beat TFU. Loved the game, I thought it was incredibly fun.

What was with the ending:
Spoiler:
I took the good ending. I assume that ship leaving after mine was Vader's, but how did he escape?
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Tybrus on Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I was talking to my brother about fallout yesterday, he thinks its amazing, i need to get it soonly.

Nice....the initial reviews sounded bad, but I'm happy to hear that. I am sure they will work out some of the bugs with patches.

There are a lot of bugs. I haven't experienced the crashing issues others speak of, but enemies spawning inside of rocks and poor texture loading are frequent for me. If you like Fallout 3 you will like this despite bugs.
Tybrus
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby malkinshair on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:28 pm

Three Stars wrote:Kind of stuck in a difficulty bind with NHL Slapshot. On "All-Star" difficulty I can win games 7-1, 6-2. On "Superstar" difficulty, my goaltender can't stop anything, and all of my checks bounce off of the opposing player who doesn't even break stride or lose the puck, so I lose 4-0 or 5-1.

I wish there were some sliders so I could adjust that sort of thing.

Kinda having the same problem here. 'Superstar' is somewhat ridiculous. Like you said, not only can you not check them, but your GT is a sieve. I love the game, though. The wife caught me doing a Crosby fist pump after an OT goal last weekend. :D

I just picked up Monster Hunter Tri this weekend. About 3 hours into it, and it's pretty cool. Having never played a Monster Hunter game before, I wish they'd explain a little more about what to actually do, but I'm finding my way. Looks great for a game on the Wii.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby neophool on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 am

Diablo 3 cannot be any higher on my "i would kill a small woodland creature to play this game now" list.

Last playable class trailer (Demon Hunter) they just releassed at blizzcon sealed the deal for me, this game is going to own my soul.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:29 pm

neophool wrote:Diablo 3 cannot be any higher on my "i would kill a small woodland creature to play this game now" list.

Last playable class trailer (Demon Hunter) they just releassed at blizzcon sealed the deal for me, this game is going to own my soul.

yeah... i'm in the same boat. the demon hunter kind of looks like a cross between a necromancer and amazon.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Madden '11

Advice when playing as Steelers or anyone? Which defenses work best/worst. It seems like Man is much more effective this year than previous years. Which offenses best counter Cover 3 and Cover 2. My roommates have been destroying me.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Madden '11

Advice when playing as Steelers or anyone? Which defenses work best/worst. It seems like Man is much more effective this year than previous years. Which offenses best counter Cover 3 and Cover 2. My roommates have been destroying me.

I-formation or single back 8-)
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Finished up Final Fantasy 3. Solid game. Not really much to say that I haven't already.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:05 pm

New Xbox update came out today
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Ordered Black Ops today. I won't get to play it until my finals are over on the 18th of December but when I found out zombie mode was coming back I was sold.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:50 am

here's something i learned today... do not move your xbox 360 while it is on, or the disc will touch something inside the drive, and carve a perfect circle into the disc...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby hcat on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:56 am

L4D2.
hcat
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Physical_Graffiti on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 am

Froggy wrote:here's something i learned today... do not move your xbox 360 while it is on, or the disc will touch something inside the drive, and carve a perfect circle into the disc...

lol, I've done this many a time :face:
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 am

Fable 3 gets to be srz bzns after you become king of Albion...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:21 pm

My boss was at the Supreme Court of the U.S. today; got his SCOTUS bar admission last week so he could go for the Governator v Video Games case that was argued today. (he was in the gallery, not presenting oral argument)

Transcript of Schwarzenegger v Entertainment Merchants Association (audio should be available later in the week)

Early word is that Scalia (of all people), Ginsberg, Kagan and Sotomayor were most vocal about the perils of a new 1st Amendment carve out. CJ Roberts, Alito and Breyer seemed to be more sympathetic to the notion of government regulation of violent content, even if the specific California statute in question fails to pass constitutional muster. Thomas has not asked a question at oral argument since 2006, and his streak is still alive. It is interesting to read Kennedy's comments about this law treading entirely new ground with regard to 1st Amendment limitations; he's often the swing vote, altho with the odd coalition of Nino and the chicks I suppose anything is possible in this case.

All in all, it appears to have been a pretty good day for the video game industry.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Scalia is nowhere near as ridiculous as the Left makes him out to be.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Scalia (or at least his clerks) is/are **** hilarious.

/s/ law nerd
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Scalia used to sit on a panel discussion show on PBS about morals and ethics and stuff. He was clearly the most engaging guy and could think on his feet like nobody. He's maybe the one person in our entire government that I would love to throw back some cocktails with and just talk about stuff. My boss' old ConLaw professor is a personal friend of 'Nino' and she always said he was one of the funniest people she ever knew.

Scalia isn't :scared:. Thomas and Alito, they're the :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: ones.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 pm

Anyway.... back on topic.

Just got a PS3 last week, and have to figure out how to connect it to the same monitor and speakers as my PC use. First two games purchased: Red Dead Redemption and Madden 10.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:27 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Scalia is nowhere near as ridiculous as the Left makes him out to be.

Scalia is ludicrously crazy, but not ludicrously conservative as the liberals make him out to be.

Legit - the guy pulls stuff of thin air, but he has some very liberal positions. The Sup. Ct. doesn't really fit the Dem-GOP dichotomy like the rest of the politicians do.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:54 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Scalia used to sit on a panel discussion show on PBS about morals and ethics and stuff. He was clearly the most engaging guy and could think on his feet like nobody. He's maybe the one person in our entire government that I would love to throw back some cocktails with and just talk about stuff. My boss' old ConLaw professor is a personal friend of 'Nino' and she always said he was one of the funniest people she ever knew.

Scalia isn't :scared:. Thomas and Alito, they're the :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: ones.
Scalia's undoubted intelligence doesn't disguise his insane moves on the bench.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:09 am

Got all the Star coins in world 5 on the new SMB for wii.

Have all the star coins and secret passages found up through World 5.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 am

Batman Arkham Asylum is awesome. The scarecrow is one of my favorite villains, and the entering the morgue when you first meet him was awesome. It literally freaked me out with the whispers and then walking through the door to only enter the morgue again. Just awesome. Loving the game so far.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 am

Malkamaniac wrote:Batman Arkham Asylum is awesome. The scarecrow is one of my favorite villains, and the entering the morgue when you first meet him was awesome. It literally freaked me out with the whispers and then walking through the door to only enter the morgue again. Just awesome. Loving the game so far.

I'm waiting for the price to drop before grabbing it. I heard nothing but good things. The only issue I've read about is that it's too short. That's not a big deal for me since the new one is not that far away.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR