Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

ajh2298 wrote:If anybody was interested in picking up an XB1 this might be the week. Target has the Titanfall bundle for $449.99 with a free 12 Month Xbox Live Card. That is $50 cheaper than MSRP plus you get the digital download of Titanfall plus the free $60 Xbox Live card.

I checked Target.com and did not see this deal. Where did you hear about it is it in store only? That seems like too good of a deal
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:16 am

So good

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 pm

PensHckyFan79 wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:If anybody was interested in picking up an XB1 this might be the week. Target has the Titanfall bundle for $449.99 with a free 12 Month Xbox Live Card. That is $50 cheaper than MSRP plus you get the digital download of Titanfall plus the free $60 Xbox Live card.

I think the xb1 is back up to $500. I think the $450 price ended a few days ago. You do still get the year of Live for free. That deal was on the front page of their weekly ad.

I checked Target.com and did not see this deal. Where did you hear about it is it in store only? That seems like too good of a deal
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby dodint on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:55 pm

Yeah, the deal was on this product page but it's back up to $500. Shows it with 1mo XBL Gold.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

the wicked child wrote:Played through act 2 of Nightmare with my barbarian in D3... The amount and quality of legendary items that I found was ridiculous. My stats skyrocketed as seemingly every time I fought a yellow enemy I found something better than the last.

Wait until you play on the master level difficulties with a ton of %mf. You'll have a gold item drop every 20 mins or so
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:47 pm

PensHckyFan79 wrote:

http://weeklyad.target.com/east-liberty ... 06/pages#1

Front page of ad click on it.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/117732/ ... ?#comments

From reading that thread it seems it might be in-store only.

It still is ringing up for $449 as far as I can tell at Walmart and Best Buy so Target should have no problems price matching them. The system should tell them to automatically add the 12 month Live card when they are ringing you up regardless if you price match or not.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby malkinshair on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

So I've been playing thru AC3 the last couple weeks, and have completed the game up to sequence 11. I think I'm in the last sequence, but not sure. I then bought AC4 Black Flag yesterday (on sale at gamestop for $29) and am wondering if I should complete 3 before moving on to 4. Normally, I would, but then I put in 4 last night to download the updates and whatnot......and played thru the opening. Now I really want to play 4.

Any thoughts? How much longer do I have for 3?
Spoiler:
I went thru the Naval part of the sequence (so awesome taking down the Man O'War) and am about to go underground to raid the fort. The French will cannon the fort on my mark.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Definitely finish 3 before going to 4. The difference in qulity is so great that youll never want to go back to 3.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:53 pm

eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Heyyyy, PC Gamers... BF 2142 is $0.99 on Amazon. You will need an Origin account to download and install, but it's good to go.

Also, in other BF news, Forgotten Hope released a new patch with Omaha and Gold Beaches...and now fully supports 128 players.

Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:31 pm

I miss Battlefield 1942. Loved Forgotten Hope mod, but it never worked well enough for me.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Definitely getting closer to picking up a Wii U. I was at Target the other day and counted about 9 games I would purchase and now with Mario Kart 8 coming out, and talk of the new Zelda, I think I'm almost there.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Although it's been almost 2 months since I've even played a game. (Stupid Game of Thrones books taking up all my time)
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

newarenanow wrote:Definitely getting closer to picking up a Wii U. I was at Target the other day and counted about 9 games I would purchase and now with Mario Kart 8 coming out, and talk of the new Zelda, I think I'm almost there.

I've been trying to get some playing time in, but now that kids have discovered disney infinity, I'm having a tough time getting to play the last temple in Zelda. Once Mario Kart 8 hits, I plan to regain control of the system, that game looks seriously fun. I just watched the nintendo direct on the new smash bros. coming out next winter and that will definitely be another purchase.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03 pm

I have a desire to play through the Mass Effect series again.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Anyone check out the trailer for the new Wolfenstein game? The idea of a video game set in an alternate universe where the Nazis won WWII is extremely intriguing. As a matter of fact, I can't believe this already hasn't been done (effectively, of course). Fascinating concept.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Anyone check out the trailer for the new Wolfenstein game? The idea of a video game set in an alternate universe where the Nazis won WWII is extremely intriguing. As a matter of fact, I can't believe this already hasn't been done (effectively, of course). Fascinating concept.

It has been done, or at the least, it was done with the Nazis invading the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Po ... of_Liberty

The game takes place in an alternate history in which Winston Churchill dies in 1931, eight years before the start of World War II, presenting the possibility of what could have happened to Europe, the United States, and the rest of the world without his leadership. The United Kingdom is subdued by Nazi Germany in 1940, and the rest of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East fall soon afterward. The United States, infected with anti-war sentiment, does not get involved overseas. The game takes place in the midst of the Greater German Reich's invasion and occupation of the east coast of the United States in 1953.[4]
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Anyone check out the trailer for the new Wolfenstein game? The idea of a video game set in an alternate universe where the Nazis won WWII is extremely intriguing. As a matter of fact, I can't believe this already hasn't been done (effectively, of course). Fascinating concept.

It has been done, or at the least, it was done with the Nazis invading the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Po ... of_Liberty

The game takes place in an alternate history in which Winston Churchill dies in 1931, eight years before the start of World War II, presenting the possibility of what could have happened to Europe, the United States, and the rest of the world without his leadership. The United Kingdom is subdued by Nazi Germany in 1940, and the rest of Europe, North Africa and the Middle East fall soon afterward. The United States, infected with anti-war sentiment, does not get involved overseas. The game takes place in the midst of the Greater German Reich's invasion and occupation of the east coast of the United States in 1953.[4]

Yeah but no one played that game, cause it was awful. I hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it. Going looking at reviews... yeah really bad.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 pm

I figured it had done before, but I mean effectively. That game sucked
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 pm

I played the original Wolfenstein games, but never really got into the ones that came after. How many were there? I remember playing a demo that was all about demons/ghost or something and wasn't really interested at the time. Any good? This one sounds interesting.

Edit: I should say I played the original Wolfenstein 3d DOS based game...not the Apple II versions...the DOS is what most people played, right?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:45 pm

Just read up on the new Wolfenstein game...Wikipedia says the game takes place in Europe. Even though the trailer mainly shows the US under Nazi control. Not as interested now, but I will see what they come up with
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:06 am

I played the old Apple II game...I don't remember much of it, but it was interesting.

I played a lot of the 3D DOS game in college...good times.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:16 am

Ok, so Hell difficulty in D3 ups the intensity a good bit... at least when you're fighting "special" enemies. Some of those groups are evil with the way the abilities are stacked.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:06 am

I started playing D3 again the other day. I dusted off my max level wizard. So fun to play, but after playing with my barb so long, I had to remember to make a conscious effort not to get hit. The dps is just insane, though. There's a special attack in archon form that hits for like 1mil damage, and has an AOE splash. The drawback is that it's a melee attack, and like I mentioned earlier, this character is still a bit squishy.

I think I will give the demon hunter another go tomorrow.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:19 am

I finished the main story of AC3. What a horrible ending...both in the Animus and in present day.
Spoiler:
So, basically, Connor accomplished nothing of his original 'quest' to save his tribe's freedom. He chose to side with a man (Washington) that was willing to send troops to wipe out the very people that you spent 7 hours with in the beginning of the game that were, from my perspective, supposed to give meaning to Connor's actions. In the end, they really didn't matter at all. And then Desmond chooses to basically enslave the entire human race. :face: It's a very ME3 feeling at the end for me. Everything that the assassins have done in the name of freedom has seemingly been undone...so nothing really mattered. /rant.

Anywho...I started Black Flag, and it's already my favorite AC. Much lighter in tone (the present day idea is awesome), and Edward is already more likeable than Connor. Havana is beautiful, and I was just able to commandeer the Jackdaw. I'm on the open seas! I'm really looking forward to playing thru this one.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR