Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:24 am

neophool wrote:Anyone else here play Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3ds?

I bought it shortly after I got mine, but I have yet to play it... I haven't even touched my 3ds for a few months, actually.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Kraftster wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:FIFA 14 players: I want to do a single-player season and play against the PS3 AI. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this. All of the options I see are for online, or co-op. Does the game not support that type of play, or am I just an idiot? (Or both?)

Pretty sure there's no such thing as an off-line single season mode. You're looking at MM or something online, yeah. It's been a little while since I've played, though.

Just found out that you can do single player seasons if you play one of the two career modes.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:24 pm

The difficulty level of Act 5 in Reaper of Souls is kind of crazy, particularly towards the end. Seems like the enemies start doing an obscene amount of damage.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:41 pm

So blizzard and psn are under ddos attack. **** hackers are ruining double RP weekend in gta5.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Finally waning on FF XIV so I've played fifa a bit this weekend. Can't wait for 15.

I wish slow build up style was more playable against the CPU at world class and legendary.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Kaizer wrote:So blizzard and psn are under ddos attack. **** hackers are ruining double RP weekend in gta5.

Was double Xp on BF4 too.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:11 pm

I've been alternating between playing through Normal with my Crusader and doing bounties/Nephalem Rifts with my Wizard. I encountered somewhere between 6-10 treasure goblins simultaneously in one of the Rifts I played through earlier. Fortunately, it was right after I got a pylon that shot off electricity as I walked so I think I got all but one of them ultimately. I'm pretty sure one escaped as I found a trail of gold leading up some steps I didn't go up earlier. Didn't get any legendaries sadly, but got a TON of gold, gems, and crafting materials.

Really digging the crusader. I had been using a 2 handed weapon for some time, but Diablo dropped a sweet-ass One handed Sword that actually did more dmg than the Flail I was using AND had a socket. I switched from the skill that lets you use the 2 handed weapon one-handed to the one that gives you +15% atk speed w/ a one handed weapon and my damage more than doubled. So I made out like a bandit on that one.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am

My copy of the D3 expansion showed up while I was off in the mountains this weekend. I got a little bit of time in this afternoon, and plan on locking myself in my room with it this week.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:45 am

Last episode of TWD Season 2 is out, excited to wrap it up.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Postby the errey i breathe on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Kraftster wrote:Finally waning on FF XIV so I've played fifa a bit this weekend. Can't wait for 15.

I wish slow build up style was more playable against the CPU at world class and legendary.

I don't think that it's unplayable due to the slow style as much as the CPU players don't run into space to give you any options. I've been able to do fairly well in controlling possession and not letting in goals in my 3rd year with Milan but scoring is nearly impossible. On the off chance one of my forwards makes a run they're pulled back by some lumbering CB and either lose the ball or flub the shot. Fixing the AI to keep slow players slow all the time, not just when they have the ball or when no one is around would be a huge improvement. The lead footed CBs running down El Shaarawy from behind are K-I-L-L-I-N-G me.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm through act one with my crusader in D3. Lots of fun so far. Between the shield bash and the steed, dude gets from mob to mob super fast. I'm sure I'll get rid of shield bash once I unlock Fist of the Heavens, but I definitely enjoy it more than the other secondaries so far.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Last episode of TWD Season 2 is out, excited to wrap it up.

That's the video game where you do nothing right?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Started Madden 15 on the ex bone last night. i love the passing and defensive coverage reading.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Installed and started playing Dark Souls 1. I heard this game had a reputation for being brutally hard, and it seems to be living up to that reputation (at least for me). I have died dozens of times. It's not helping that the PC controls are execrable, and as a consequence I'm using an Xbox controller. There are plenty of people who are great at using controllers for games like this, but as someone who hasn't played a console game in something like a decade, I'm not one of them. It's like trying to learn to write with your other hand.

I like the game, but I question the sanity of whoever thought it would be a good idea to permit players to scrawl messages that other players can see in their single-player games. The developer who came up with that was obviously unfamiliar with John Gabriel's Greater Internet F***wad Theory (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19). I can't count how many times an instant-kill cliff had a player note next to it saying "Try jumping." Ha ha ha.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Loaf31 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Gamefly shipped Madden 15 for the PS4 yesterday, can't wait to play it. I skipped the last couple of years.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby viva la ben on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:22 pm

The award winning original Bioshock comes out for newer iOS devices tonight at 11:00 pm.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:31 pm

I have approximately 10 or 12 games in my Steam library I haven't played yet (good games), and yet here I am downloading Skyrim for approximately the fifth time to play it again. What the hell man
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I e been thinking about starting that over again. I just have a tough time throwing those hours away.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I e been thinking about starting that over again. I just have a tough time throwing those hours away.

I agree, but I think I am going to try it with mods this time. I've played it for Xbox but not PC.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:53 pm

I have over a hundred games on Steam, but I'm getting an itch to play Fallout 3 again. It's been nearly four years since New Vegas came out, and I really hope Bethesda is well on their way to Fallout 4.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Likewise with fallout 3 actually. I got new vegas a few months ago but dont like it that much.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Likewise with fallout 3 actually. I got new vegas a few months ago but dont like it that much.

Yeah I downloaded New Vegas on Steam and played through it, but haven't went back to Fallout 3 yet. Aside from some of the major plot points, I don't remember a lot about that game so I'll probably play that again soon too.

I try to be an evil bastard in every single playthrough, but I keep going back to the do-gooder with occasional bad acts.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

I think im going to resume new vegas. Im not that far in.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I think im going to resume new vegas. Im not that far in.

Just keep listening to "Ain't that a kick in the head" on your Pip-Boy.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I prefer the Pimp-Boy.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR