Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Anyone here play SimCity 4? Is it worth $20 with the expansion pack?

I'm jonesing for some SimCity action before the new one drops in February. Sadly, SimCity 2000 won't work with Win 7.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Sim City 2000 was where its at.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Rylan wrote:Go to the Love thread for that answer offsides :pop:

:) I knew it!!! Good stuff Tiger. :thumb:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Godric wrote:

Drool.

It would be cooler if it was in Latin with subtitles though...

I might have to upgrade my PC for this.

People say it all the time when a new game comes out... "AMAGAWD MY SOCIAL LIFE IS GONNA END" Ha.

This time its real. I will be number 1 at one point in online rankings.

I was ranked 1 in Age of Mythology RTS when I was in high school(Shortly after that the active community died)... I wanna do it again :pop:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby JS© on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 pm

EpicMealTime for the iPad, best $0.99 that I've paid for a game from the app store so far.

Pretty much a variation of fruit ninja where you eat the junk food and avoid the healthy vegetables.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 am

Anyone know what this is:

I keep losing connection to EA online for BF3. My internet connection is fine as I'm staying logged into PSN and my laptop is fine. But the EA servers aren't keeping me online with any consistency.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Got to play some more LEgo Star Wars III. I absolutely hate the game, but will still complete 100%. Worst Lego game ever made.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm done with Borderlands's main game. Ending was a letdown, but the game is so much fun. Doing the DLC now. Zombies. Lots and lots of zombies eating my explosive-element shotgun pellets. Basically, the zombies blow up into chunks and pieces.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 pm

newarenanow wrote:Got to play some more LEgo Star Wars III. I absolutely hate the game, but will still complete 100%. Worst Lego game ever made.

Have that for the Wii. Frustrating and eye gouging graphics (and performance) with co-op mode.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how bad I am at fighting games. I keep forgetting to block. I think I'm gonna take a day this weekend and just go all rain man in the training room until I nail all the combos
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Got to play some more LEgo Star Wars III. I absolutely hate the game, but will still complete 100%. Worst Lego game ever made.

Have that for the Wii. Frustrating and eye gouging graphics (and performance) with co-op mode.

Yeah, for as good of a job they did on the other titles, this one absolutely blows. The second Indiana Jones was my least favorite until this one.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:37 pm

If that is worse than ij2,I'm not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole. I never finished ij2, which is bad for one of those games.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Froggy wrote:I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how bad I am at fighting games. I keep forgetting to block. I think I'm gonna take a day this weekend and just go all rain man in the training room until I nail all the combos

I'm really bad at fighting games too. I think too much and yet have no strategy. I can never remember enough combinations. I basically pick a couple that work and just go for it. These games can be really fun if played the right way.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm playing Fire Emblem for the GBA. Really quite addicting.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Just picked up Plague Inc. for 0.99 on iOS. You name a virus, then try to infect the world and kill everyone before a cure is developed. My first virus, Itis, started in Brazil. Doing well so far. I'm on the introductory difficulty so it seems pretty easy.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Froggy wrote:I picked up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 a couple of weeks ago. I forgot how bad I am at fighting games. I keep forgetting to block. I think I'm gonna take a day this weekend and just go all rain man in the training room until I nail all the combos

I'm really bad at fighting games too. I think too much and yet have no strategy. I can never remember enough combinations. I basically pick a couple that work and just go for it. These games can be really fun if played the right way.

That's what I liked about Street Fighter and other fighting games for the old NES - only a limited amount of combos with a d-pad and two buttons. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

That's what I liked about Street Fighter and other fighting games for the old NES - only a limited amount of combos with a d-pad and two buttons. :lol:

That's actually true. It was more about anticipation and timing. Now these games are so complex that one has to study how their character plays and prepare a strategy against a given fighter. I sometimes watch the G4 stuff when they show video game tournaments. Those are some good players.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 pm

the wicked child wrote:If that is worse than ij2,I'm not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole. I never finished ij2, which is bad for one of those games.

It's definitely worse IMO. The only reason I'm forcing myself through it is because I finished all of the other titles 100% and I might as well do this one too. I'm playing it now instead of Metroid Other M because usually the Lego games are fun, yet relaxing, and I've been EXTREMELY busy at work, so it's easier to fit these games in if/when I can. Enough to challenge you, but you dont' have to start over and be very careful about missing stuff like some other games.

But this one has been painful.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Godric wrote:
People say it all the time when a new game comes out... "AMAGAWD MY SOCIAL LIFE IS GONNA END" Ha.

This time its real. I will be number 1 at one point in online rankings.

I was ranked 1 in Age of Mythology RTS when I was in high school(Shortly after that the active community died)... I wanna do it again :pop:

Just watched about half of the Carthage vid. Looks great. I am a little dissapointed that all they are talking about is visceralness of it instead of improvements to the strategic layer or better AI and stuff like that. Shogun 2 was really good though, so I will definitely be picking this up. Big fan of Roman history and Rome 1 was my favorite game of theirs before Shogun 2. Never got into the online, didn't realize that there was a big community.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 am

Played some more Lego Star Wars III last night. Up to 21%. Now that I'm makign some progress and figuring things out, I don't hate the game as much now. But it is definitely still my least favorite.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 am

So I played a little Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 last night. Really thought I nailed down my team of Wolverine, Super Skrull, & Akuma. I was really dominating vs the computer on hard mode, so I thought I'd go online.

Got killed in like 30 seconds. I learned I'm pretty good with Wolverine, but if he dies I'm screwed. Need more practice...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:19 am

I downloaded civilization on my phone. Not good for my work productivity.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:09 am

That is tempting.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I understand Attack of the Show and XPlay aren't the most quality of of shows, but I like them and watched G4 since the stations inception. It was announced that both shows will be cancelled in relation to G4's rebranding in December.

I'm really disappointed after hearing the news. Those were the only 2 shows left that had video game ties to the channel, and this marks the official death of G4. I'm really going to miss their E3 coverage along with Comic-Con. I looked forward to their coverage every year, and I'm going to miss true gamer fans like Morgan Web and Adam Sessler discussing games (I'm aware Sessler left the show earlier this year).

I know their are other better alternatives, but it won't be the same for me.

On an unrelated note, I don't know what this means for the Japanese version of Ninja Warrior.

I really had to rant somewhere.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 am

Stay away from the new Medal of Honor game its a train wreck. And if you even have a slight itch to try it out rent it from Gamefly or the Redbox. Single player can be beat in like 6-7 hours.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR