Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby ajh2298 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Rylan wrote:WORTH IT!


Yeah I cant wait till next week to pick it up along with the new Hitman game at Toys-R-us next week with their 2 for $70.00 deal they will be having.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby nocera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:21 pm

NHL 13 might be the most frustrating variation of the game ever. I suck at it. Badly. And I rarely lost in NHL 12. I'm only like 10 games above .500 in 13.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 pm

nocera wrote:NHL 13 might be the most frustrating variation of the game ever. I suck at it. Badly. And I rarely lost in NHL 12. I'm only like 10 games above .500 in 13.


Yeah, it's even harder to score. I've resorted to playing HUT in the rookie tournament against the CPU because it's the only thing keeping me from throwing my controller through the TV.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby malkinshair on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Rylan wrote:WORTH IT!


I'm hoping my wife has picked up on the hints I've been dropping for Far Cry 3 looking fantastic under the tree (I'll have to get the ps3 version). Unfortunately, I recently implemented a 'no buying anything for yourself' decree for December to help me with her Christmas presents...it appears that I may not have thought this through enough. :face:
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,215
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Re: Current video game being played

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:44 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Portal is an incredible series. Not overrated at all, but IMO.


I only played Portal 2 and I thought it was really good\fun. Definitely gets the brain cells going.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,450
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Current video game being played

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Rylan wrote:Picked up Far Cry 3 for $25. Installing right now.


WOW, nice price. Where??
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,450
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Well I had store credit that I forgot about until today and that cut down on my price significantly. So take my $25 with a large grain of salt.

But this game is a beautiful combination of what was fun about Far Cry 2 with a lot of influence from Red Dead Redemption. I can't give this game enough praise (so far it hasn't annoyed me) just a blast and a half. I have done a lot of exploring and almost got mauled by a tiger!
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby nocera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
nocera wrote:NHL 13 might be the most frustrating variation of the game ever. I suck at it. Badly. And I rarely lost in NHL 12. I'm only like 10 games above .500 in 13.


Yeah, it's even harder to score. I've resorted to playing HUT in the rookie tournament against the CPU because it's the only thing keeping me from throwing my controller through the TV.



AHHH!!!

This is exactly the type of crap I'm talking about. (Spoilered image because of size)
Spoiler:
Image
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Plus, if you get within a foot of a CPU player, you pretty much automatically lose the puck to them, but you can hit a guy 5 times and he'll keep on skating...

I understand trying to make the game more "realistic", but there's a limit and a point where it becomes overdoing it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Plus, if you get within a foot of a CPU player, you pretty much automatically lose the puck to them, but you can hit a guy 5 times and he'll keep on skating...

I understand trying to make the game more "realistic", but there's a limit and a point where it becomes overdoing it.

I haven't played it for awhile now, but this really annoyed me. There were certain players like Pronger who if you went anywhere near them, they automatically stole the puck.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Current video game being played

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 pm

Sarcastic wrote:- Average age of video game player is 37.
- 48% of all players are female.


Wonder how many of us at 63 are still playing? I think I play more now that I am retired than I ever did. :thumb:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,450
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Man only 40+ years until I am retired.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby nocera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm playing against a guy now in NHL 13 and all he's doing is throwing the puck to the net. From every angle possible. And getting cheap rebound goals. I mean, it's working for him. So I can't really say much.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 pm

nocera wrote:I'm playing against a guy now in NHL 13 and all he's doing is throwing the puck to the net. From every angle possible. And getting cheap rebound goals. I mean, it's working for him. So I can't really say much.


That never works for me.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby nocera on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:01 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
nocera wrote:I'm playing against a guy now in NHL 13 and all he's doing is throwing the puck to the net. From every angle possible. And getting cheap rebound goals. I mean, it's working for him. So I can't really say much.


That never works for me.


He's not taking actual shots. He's taking weak backhands from the blue line and the goalie can't handle the rebound. It's bs.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,012
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't understand why you guys even play online. All its going to do is make you angry.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 pm

the wicked child wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Plus, if you get within a foot of a CPU player, you pretty much automatically lose the puck to them, but you can hit a guy 5 times and he'll keep on skating...

I understand trying to make the game more "realistic", but there's a limit and a point where it becomes overdoing it.

I haven't played it for awhile now, but this really annoyed me. There were certain players like Pronger who if you went anywhere near them, they automatically stole the puck.


It's not just Pronger. You know how I mentioned I've been really only playing the Rookie CPU tourney on HUT? Yeah, CHL guys whose overall can't be higher than like 60 are stealing the puck off me like they're Pavel Datsyuk.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Rylan wrote:I don't understand why you guys even play online. All its going to do is make you angry.


I don't play online and it still angers me :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

I had noticed that the NHL series has that effect on me very easily. In all honesty, I am almost completely done with sports games.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Plus, if you get within a foot of a CPU player, you pretty much automatically lose the puck to them, but you can hit a guy 5 times and he'll keep on skating...

I understand trying to make the game more "realistic", but there's a limit and a point where it becomes overdoing it.

I haven't played it for awhile now, but this really annoyed me. There were certain players like Pronger who if you went anywhere near them, they automatically stole the puck.


It's not just Pronger. You know how I mentioned I've been really only playing the Rookie CPU tourney on HUT? Yeah, CHL guys whose overall can't be higher than like 60 are stealing the puck off me like they're Pavel Datsyuk.

Bleh. :thumbdown:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:06 pm

I never got this pissed off at NHL 12
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

When it comes to video games, am I the only person that really only enjoys co-op multiplayer rather than the PvP multiplayer?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

I skipped 12... I wasn't sure I was going to get 13, but I think the impending doom of the season tipped my hand. I also had a decent discount to use on Amazon at the time...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Current video game being played

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Depends on the game, but I'd say I agree. Co-op is fun when you're with friends and you get to make fun of the idiot who doesn't know how to get in the Warthogs in Halo 3 (for example).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,076
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Rylan wrote:When it comes to video games, am I the only person that really only enjoys co-op multiplayer rather than the PvP multiplayer?

Not at all... I am not into PvP really at all. Then again, these days I don't play much MP at all.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,642
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Beveridge, BurghersAndDogsSports, Eismann, Grunthy, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, OutofFoil, Stoosh, stopper40 and 4 guests


e-mail