Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby eddysnake on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 am

leaving work now to get just dance 4 and your shape: fitness evolved 2013, going to be a great day!
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 am

Finally beat story mode on Batman 2, and got to spend about an hour or so exploring. Got most of the villian charcters and got 30 citizens in peril and 10 red blocks as that was what I was focusing on. Once I get all of them, I'm going to refocus on getting all of the mini-kits and cleaning up the boards before going out and finding all of the gold bricks.

Fun game so far. I like it. I'm at 36% complete.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

canaan wrote:
Main Processor
Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine

Memory
GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive
Built-in

Optical Drive (read only)
BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV

I/O
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0) 、AUX
Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)

PS4 tech specs
The game "watch dog" looks pretty rad

Did I hear correctly that the '4 will support 4K resolution??
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 am

newarenanow wrote:Finally beat story mode on Batman 2, and got to spend about an hour or so exploring. Got most of the villian charcters and got 30 citizens in peril and 10 red blocks as that was what I was focusing on. Once I get all of them, I'm going to refocus on getting all of the mini-kits and cleaning up the boards before going out and finding all of the gold bricks.

I'm jealous of people that can make themselves 100% games. You get so much more out of your money than I do.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Finally beat story mode on Batman 2, and got to spend about an hour or so exploring. Got most of the villian charcters and got 30 citizens in peril and 10 red blocks as that was what I was focusing on. Once I get all of them, I'm going to refocus on getting all of the mini-kits and cleaning up the boards before going out and finding all of the gold bricks.

I'm jealous of people that can make themselves 100% games. You get so much more out of your money than I do.

I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with getting 100% in games I play. Some of it is great side stuff, but some of it gets boring and old after a while. Has it's pluses and minuses.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am

Lego Batman 2 gets boring quick once you start going for all of the gold bricks. They fall into 2 categories: same old same old or lengthy and annoying. Zero in between.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 am

tifosi77 wrote:Did I hear correctly that the '4 will support 4K resolution??

apprently they didn't mention anything at all about 4K, but

In any case, the graphics are where Shadow Fall really shine. Below you can take a look at screenshots and art from the game, all of which looks surprisingly colorful and crisp compared to the game’s predecessors.

Interestingly, the original versions of the screenshots posted here clocked in at 3840 x 2160 resolution. While our galleries don’t display at that resolution, you can click on the above image (or the image just above the gallery) to see it at full resolution.

I’m not sure if this means we can expect a much higher resolution from PS4 games than 1080P, but this would at least seem to indicate that the PS4 is capable of outputting at 4K resolution, the next big thing in television technology (4K = 3840 x 2160.)

Honestly, I think that would be huge.

I know a lot of people think 4K is just another gimmick, but if you’ve ever hooked up your gaming PC to your TV, you can see how bad those pixels look compared to your desktop monitor.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/02/21/new-screenshots-for-killzone-shadow-fall-point-to-ps4-running-at-4k-resolution/

Spoiler:
Last edited by eddysnake on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:07 am

the wicked child wrote:Lego Batman 2 gets boring quick once you start going for all of the gold bricks. They fall into 2 categories: same old same old or lengthy and annoying. Zero in between.

That seems to be the pattern so far with the ones I got. But I've been breaking it up some, so it hasn't been too bad. But I'm sure once I start looking for gold bricks 200-250, I'll start getting tired of it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:33 am

eddysnake wrote:

4k is meh for a TV. For a monitor it is not since you are sitting much much closer. Unless you sit like 2 feet from your TV you can't tell 4k from 1080p.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am

The thing I like most about the PS4 is the 8GB of GDDR5. That is really elite.

I need to see if the PS4 is going to require a sub for online play and netflix, if not I'll get it.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am

Needing a submarine is really going to limit there target market. :pop:

Spoiler:
Seriously, I really hope Sony keeps the free online because that could be a big selling point for many consumers.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

4k is meh for a TV. For a monitor it is not since you are sitting much much closer. Unless you sit like 2 feet from your TV you can't tell 4k from 1080p.

Have you ever seen a 4K display? Because the jump from SD to 1080i (which is what most TV 'HD' content is broadcast at) is smaller than the jump from 1080p to 4k.

Your eyes absolutely will be able to tell the difference at that screen size/viewing distance combo. Will it be worth it at that size/distance is the question. For me, I have a 27" 1080p display for my PC, and I am able to discern pixels.

What the increased resolution affords viewers is the ability to go way up in screen size before you start resolving pixels. But more importantly, the more image data your eye reads the more dimensionality your brain will infer. Basically, you get a 3D effect without the competing focal length problems inherent to all current 3D systems. And as you go beyond 4k and close in on the native resolving capabilities of the human eye you will perceive an almost real 3D viewing experience. Which is why 3D is nothing more than a gimmick but increasing picture resolution is the way forward.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Bungie is making their next series a PS4 exclusive. That's very surprising since they were the big time XBox developer.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

But will it send me to the poor house to procure a TV that is capable of this? Yes, yes I will.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Spangler wrote:Bungie is making their next series a PS4 exclusive. That's very surprising since they were the big time XBox developer.

sounds like it's exclusive "content" to the PS4
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Spangler wrote:Bungie is making their next series a PS4 exclusive. That's very surprising since they were the big time XBox developer.

Its not that surprising since the Halo franchise is now owned by Microsoft rather than Bungie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:The thing I like most about the PS4 is the 8GB of GDDR5. That is really elite.

I need to see if the PS4 is going to require a sub for online play and netflix, if not I'll get it.

I read a couple of articles that say they are moving to an Xbox-live fee subscription model. They are renaming the service as part of this.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

Used games are a "go" for the PS4, too. There was a rumor that DRM would be enabled on the next generation of consoles.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Used games are a "go" for the PS4, too. There was a rumor that DRM would be enabled on the next generation of consoles.

i have some concern/questions about this. i read that the ps4 is backwards compatible with ps3 games, but can be streamed. i have a real problem with this if it is accurate
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Sony is being vague about it, but here's where that info came from: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... used-games
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Avyran on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm

canaan wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Used games are a "go" for the PS4, too. There was a rumor that DRM would be enabled on the next generation of consoles.

i have some concern/questions about this. i read that the ps4 is backwards compatible with ps3 games, but can be streamed. i have a real problem with this if it is accurate

Can't quote it at the moment, but I've read that PS4 is backwards compatible, but only in a certain way - the games are streamed (cloud gaming, they call it), and you have to repurchase them through Sony's system. So... only online backwards compatibility.

I'd really like to be proven wrong, though. That's just what I've seen about backwards compatibility & the PS4.

(Edit: I might've just simply restated what you did :face: . Oh well. )

Edit #2 - Found it.
The PlayStation 4 will not have native backwards compatibility with games from past Sony systems.

During Sony's PS4 announcement event, Gaikai head Dave Perry said that the new console will not offer native support for PS3 games out of the box.

Instead, Gaikai is developing a cloud service that could offer PS3 games on the new console without the built-in hardware compatibility.

"The technology is so advanced that some day we could easily stream PS1, PS2, PS3 and the PS Mobile games on any device, including the PlayStation 4," Perry added.
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm

i accidentally a word, but yeah thats what i was getting at.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

I wonder if my ps+ service can be used on both systems.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Although I'm a little disappointed with lack of backward compatible PS3 games for the PS4, it's not that big a deal because I'll just keep my PS3. A functioning PS3 is still more useful than a functioning PS2.

It's just nice to have everything play on 1 hardware device.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:23 pm

I thought I heard that some of the classic PS3 titles will be available as cloud games on the '4. I don't know if that means remastering them or doing some sort of emulator..... or even if what I heard will actually come to pass.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR