Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby JeffDFD on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Just bought AC3 on sale at Amazon. I always wait until it gets in the $30's to buy.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:AC4 didn't show much to me. If it doesn't go back closer to AC 2 games, I'm not interested.

I'm a little put off by the decision to delve further into the Kenway family. The Haytham beginning to AC3 made it hard to get into. I was hoping they'd go in a completely different direction. I will still play AC4 at some point, but given this and the way they ended Desmond's story (rather unceremoniously IMO), I'm not getting this at launch.

neophool wrote:Tomb Raider. is. so. good.

Holy cow does it kick ass!!! Action/adventure/platform all done to perfection so far, and I'm blown away by the presentation. About 4 hours in and I am totally hooked!

I'm not quite that far in (I just got Roth's pack back from the big, bad wolf), but I agree with everything you've said. Awesome stuff.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:42 pm

netwolf wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:AC4 didn't show much to me. If it doesn't go back closer to AC 2 games, I'm not interested.

I'm a little put off by the decision to delve further into the Kenway family. The Haytham beginning to AC3 made it hard to get into. I was hoping they'd go in a completely different direction. I will still play AC4 at some point, but given this and the way they ended Desmond's story (rather unceremoniously IMO), I'm not getting this at launch.

Yeah, I think I might be waiting till I can get it at less than $60 on XBL. I'm gonna hope a friend gets Tomb Raider and I can borrow it. It didn't appeal that much to me, but if its getting love, I may have to check it out.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

Rylan wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Just be prepared for the crappy ending. I didn't hate it as much as most, but yeah.

I know. I am not looking forward to that. But the rest of the game seems amazing.

I don't know if the version you have has the extended cut of the ending, but if it doesn't, download the EC. If Bioware released the game with the EC I don't think people would have been as outraged over the ending. It still wasn't great, but it was better.

ME3 was an amazing game, but it took only 10 minutes to negate everything the series stood for.

If you like the ending, or don't mind it, I envy you.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Wait...with the dlc, will I be able to jus tpick up at my last save and do it or would I need to have had the dlc when starting the game?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm

When you beat the game, you automatically go back to a certain point in the game. It allows you to play additional dlc. It was the same deal with ME2.

You will be fine where you're at most likely.

Spoiler:
As long as you install it before the Cerberus base mission begins, you will be able to play the EC dlc.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 am

really want to buy Simcity, thankfully I waited and don't have to deal with the issues.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

Malkamaniac wrote:really want to buy Simcity, thankfully I waited and don't have to deal with the issues.

What are the issues? Interested in getting this eventually as well.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:01 am

slappybrown wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:really want to buy Simcity, thankfully I waited and don't have to deal with the issues.

What are the issues? Interested in getting this eventually as well.

Server issues, DRM issues(have to be online even when playing single player.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sim+cit ... e&ie=UTF-8
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

Up to 90% complete on Lego Batman 2. Need 4 more gold bricks on the south island and then clear 10 of the story boards and I'll be done.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:12 am

Is simcity multiplayer? How does that work, won't people just build crap to mess with other people?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:27 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Is simcity multiplayer? How does that work, won't people just build crap to mess with other people?

It is multiplayer and the objective is to work together with people from what I've read. However even if you wanted to play single player, you must be connected to the internet. Another one of those "protect ourselves from piracy, but hurt the legitimate person."
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 am

I've also read that the tile size is too small and there are no terraforming options.

Also, you can't save the game locally to your computer. So if a disaster occurs and destroys your city, you can't go back and restart from before the disaster took place. I'm not buying the game unless they hopefully fix some of these issues.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Yeah, once you get into a SimCity server it's fun...but even this morning I had connection issues. Last night, it was impossible to connect to anything.

I built another city (the first one disappeared with the server updates) and all seemed to be well. Heading back in to see if it's still there. :lol:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

The new SimCity is amazing, most of the problems are being handled and I've been getting on reliably now.

It is somewhat different than previous SimCity games, but there is so much new added and the depth of the gameplay now is amazing. On release day I downloaded it at like 10PM and didn't stop playing it until 7am. I look at my phone and had no idea where the time went. It's really a fun game.

PM your Origin name if you want to play. I'm on the East 2 server. I'll invite you to my region and if you want to help support each other with upgrades that would be awesome. There isn't enough space to do everything on one plot of land, but if anyone else upgrades in your region you get the effects.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby bhaw on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Sim City is scheduled to deliver on 3/11 for me. Hopefully some of the front end stuff you guys are talking about is fixed so I don't get frustrated in the minimal amount of time I have to play.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:43 pm

thepittman wrote:The new SimCity is amazing, most of the problems are being handled and I've been getting on reliably now.

It is somewhat different than previous SimCity games, but there is so much new added and the depth of the gameplay now is amazing. On release day I downloaded it at like 10PM and didn't stop playing it until 7am. I look at my phone and had no idea where the time went. It's really a fun game.

PM your Origin name if you want to play. I'm on the East 2 server. I'll invite you to my region and if you want to help support each other with upgrades that would be awesome. There isn't enough space to do everything on one plot of land, but if anyone else upgrades in your region you get the effects.

The complaint that the map is way too small and your post about not "enough space to do everything" really worries me. I am more of a single-player guy, and if the game requires this inter-connected social sharing type stuff to get the full value, that would be disappointing.

s/ gaming introvert
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:44 pm

SimCity should always be single player game first and foremost. I am intrigued by this region stuff though and wold love to work with other cities to prosper.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:20 pm

slappybrown wrote:
thepittman wrote:The new SimCity is amazing, most of the problems are being handled and I've been getting on reliably now.

The complaint that the map is way too small and your post about not "enough space to do everything" really worries me. I am more of a single-player guy, and if the game requires this inter-connected social sharing type stuff to get the full value, that would be disappointing.

s/ gaming introvert

You can build on all the other plots by yourself as well. It's a different take at the game, but I've been a huge Maxis fan all of my life and this is really good addition to the SimCity franchise. I'm not a "Sims" fan though, except for just building and designing the houses. My roots are SimAnt, SimFarm, etc...
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:SimCity should always be single player game first and foremost. I am intrigued by this region stuff though and wold love to work with other cities to prosper.

There is so much to do that your cities become specialized, think of spec'ing a RPG character down a certain path. You can build a Steel city concentrated around mining, smelting, creating different metals, etc.. managing the economy with this as well as the normal sim city elements.

Your next city might be a high tech industry like processor building and computer manufacturing. I think the way they approached the game is much more realistic to how a city is built in real life and what drives its progression.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:27 pm

I had the same reservations about the game that both of you had, I almost didn't buy it because of those. I'm so glad I caved though and have been enjoying every minute of it.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby beerman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Hoping they release the Mac version of Sim City sometime soon, still no date for it though. At least the bugs should hopefully be worked out by then..
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby thepittman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

beerman wrote:Hoping they release the Mac version of Sim City sometime soon, still no date for it though. At least the bugs should hopefully be worked out by then..

People are running the windows version in BootCamp on their MacOs machines. There is supposed to be an official mac release though so it may be best to wait
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm

thepittman wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

s/ gaming introvert

You can build on all the other plots by yourself as well. It's a different take at the game, but I've been a huge Maxis fan all of my life and this is really good addition to the SimCity franchise. I'm not a "Sims" fan though, except for just building and designing the houses. My roots are SimAnt, SimFarm, etc...

I'm the same way. Came up on those same games, but never played the Sims.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Beat the Forest Temple in OoT today. Fire temple over the next 8 or 10 hours of gameplay. I hate that thing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR