Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am

Idoit40fans wrote:First AC game that I didn't even try to 100%. Just found myself not caring.

The mini games are actually kind of fun/interesting. The one "bowls" or whatever it is called is like a different Bocce Ball game. May actually try to play it in real life at some point. The other games are interesting older games, but man...you have to sit down and actually think and strategize. Kind of funny being in this huge open world game...and sittinng there playing a minigame for a good bit.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I don't think I've ever tried to get 100% in any game ever. I Just play through, and when it's over it's over.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm

JeffDFD wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:First AC game that I didn't even try to 100%. Just found myself not caring.

The mini games are actually kind of fun/interesting. The one "bowls" or whatever it is called is like a different Bocce Ball game. May actually try to play it in real life at some point. The other games are interesting older games, but man...you have to sit down and actually think and strategize. Kind of funny being in this huge open world game...and sittinng there playing a minigame for a good bit.

The one game I played made no sense to me so I gave up on them haha.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Spent some time in KSP building a new heavy lifter, which I call Big Orange. I looked at some of the ships people have submitted to The Spacecraft Exchange on the KSP forum site (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum.php), particularly the Nova (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/sho ... ons-to-LKO ) and Zenith (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/sho ... ket-family) series of lifters from poster Temstar. I realized there are techniques you can use to do some neat stuff. For example, if you open the debug menu (alt-F12) and turn off part clipping, it’s possible to do things like have a nosecone partially imbedded in another part, and you can also place engines much closer together than otherwise. For example, Big Orange has six large-size cores arranged around a seventh core. The outer cores are set up to asparagus stage into the central core (http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki ... us_Staging). Each of the outer cores has four engines (one LV-T30 and three LV-T45s), and the main center core has seven engines (three LV-T30s and four LV-T45s). The multiple engines are more fuel efficient than using a single Rockomax Mainsail engine. Also, I recommend any KSP players install the Subassembly Saver/ Loader plugin (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/sho ... plates-etc). It lets you save big arrangements of parts and then insert them into new designs. For example, I have Big Orange saved so that I can design a new payload and then just insert Big Orange beneath it as the lifter. It saves a ton of time.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Umm. I'm finding it difficult to get into video games. Every time I start playing, I start thinking about other things and then I pick up a bass and I go play for a few hours. I am trying to play through Price Of Persia finally, after buying it like a year ago and it's really fun, but I'm doing it in small spurts. Now the sun is starting to shine more so that's adding to the 'why am i sitting here playing a game' feeling. Am I alone on this?
Last edited by Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm

The only Prince of Persia game I like.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Umm. I'm finding it difficult to get into video games. Every time I start playing, I start thinking about other things and then I pick up a bass and I go play for a few hours. I am trying to play through Price Of Persia finally, after buying it like a year ago and it's really fun, but I'm doing it in small spurts. Now the sun is starting to shine more so that's adding to the 'why am i sitting here playing a game' feeling. Am I alone on this?

You seem to be in possession of something called a “life.” In order to maximize your video-game enjoyment, I advise you to get rid of that ASAP.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Im pretty sure the idea of people that play video games have no life is pretty much the opposite of fact. From what i can tell. people that play video games past their 20s seem to be the people who dont like being idle. They're the same people that are actually out doing things with their free time. Or theyre NAN.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:

The one game I played made no sense to me so I gave up on them haha.

They also have a spot to play checkers...haha. But really, have to read those directions. I finally did beat that fanorona, took a while
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

Shyster wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:Umm. I'm finding it difficult to get into video games. Every time I start playing, I start thinking about other things and then I pick up a bass and I go play for a few hours. I am trying to play through Price Of Persia finally, after buying it like a year ago and it's really fun, but I'm doing it in small spurts. Now the sun is starting to shine more so that's adding to the 'why am i sitting here playing a game' feeling. Am I alone on this?

You seem to be in possession of something called a “life.” In order to maximize your video-game enjoyment, I advise you to get rid of that ASAP.

I love video games. I think they're one of the coolest things that will come out in my lifetime. They allow you to take on a character that you could never be in real life and, if you really get into it and play the game right, have a really special experience. I would never criticize video games or video gamers. It's just something going on with me right now.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Im pretty sure the idea of people that play video games have no life is pretty much the opposite of fact. From what i can tell. people that play video games past their 20s seem to be the people who dont like being idle. They're the same people that are actually out doing things with their free time. Or theyre NAN.

:pop:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Picked up Bioshock Inifite even though there are still a few games I have not completed yet. With all the good things I've heard about it, I couldn't help myself.

I must have spent an hour just exploring the fairgrounds in the intro. I thought the utilization of the tutorial through carnival games, was one of the coolest ideas I've seen as far as tutorials go. At first I feared Infinite wouldn't feel like a Bioshock, but so far from the little I've played, it felt just like the original game with a new flavor added.

This isn't a big deal, but I didn't like the cover to the game. When I opened the case I noticed the inside lining was formatted to look like it could be used as a cover. I really liked the look of it, so I turned the cover inside-out. Now the case looks like a book with early 1900s era artwork. It looks really cool imo.

I just really wanted to share that because I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pen48guins on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I used to play a video games all the time as recently as last year. Maybe it was because I was in a crappy marriage. But now I feel just like you. Even to dropping the controller and playing the bass. ha. I may get a game or two of nhl 13 in one sitting but story line games are practically impossible for me now. Even shooters are difficult for me to play more than 10 minutes.
Pen48guins
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Having a blast with Defiance. Really happy someone sold me onto that game.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 pm

I will be really into them for two or three weeks then not play any again for 8 months or more. I have some PC games (Vice City, San Andreas, Counterstrike, COD2) and I have a 360 (got Black Ops 2 for Xmas and have barely played thru it - hate the levels where you have to control the entire squad and the mecha thingys). Last I was really into anything was last summer when I played thru all three Modern Warfare games in preperation for KJ Un's invasion.

Right now I'm having a ball with emulators. I like setting up and organizing digital media libraries on my htpc just as much (if not more) than actually enjoying the media. But I'm loving the heck out of all these Genesis (which I never owned) and SNES games on my pc. Aladdin earlier, Battletoads now.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:08 am

Speaking of emulators. I was going to ask in the emulator thread because someone posted a screeenshot. But I forgot, of course.

Megaman. I had 2 or 3 of those games recently on the ps3 (free for plus people) and just as with the pc emu versions I ever tried... forget about passing the first stage. How about passing the first few enemies? Half a minute into starting and I just can't do anything. 10 steps to the right and more ridiculous stuff comes at me and kills me. I think those were the most annoying games I ever played in my life. Games are supposed to be fun, not turture and frustration. I deleted them.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:52 am

Mega Man 9 was obscenely difficult. After much swearing, I eventually made it past the robot masters, but couldn't get any further... never touched that one again. Supposedly MM10 had an "easy" mode, but I never bothered to purchase it because 9 left a bad taste in my mouth.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 am

Got a Gamestop gift card...not sure whether to pick up FarCry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Defiance, etc. Leaning heavily towards Bioshock
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:05 am

I think you should get Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I think you should get Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Way too much like Dr. Mario
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I think you should get Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Way too much like Dr. Mario

So you're saying its pretty great?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:30 am

Sarcastic wrote:Speaking of emulators. I was going to ask in the emulator thread because someone posted a screeenshot. But I forgot, of course.

Megaman. I had 2 or 3 of those games recently on the ps3 (free for plus people) and just as with the pc emu versions I ever tried... forget about passing the first stage. How about passing the first few enemies? Half a minute into starting and I just can't do anything. 10 steps to the right and more ridiculous stuff comes at me and kills me. I think those were the most annoying games I ever played in my life. Games are supposed to be fun, not turture and frustration. I deleted them.

MegaMan 1-6 for the NES wasn't too bad. I don't remember them being insanely difficult.

The game that drove me nuts and was impossible was Ghost N Goblins.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:39 am

oh man. GnG. One second your clad in glorious armor and the next your in your skivvies trying to survive. I may have beaten it once but that would have been it. IIRC there were no extra lives or they were insanely hard to get. 2 hits and your dead. Loved the game but it was certainly hard.

I read an article recently that said NES made games hard for the reason that they were all very short and it increased play time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am

PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby neophool on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Got a Gamestop gift card...not sure whether to pick up FarCry 3, Bioshock Infinite, Defiance, etc. Leaning heavily towards Bioshock

Bioshock is amazing so far.

I'd add Tomb Raider to that list if you havn't played it already
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR