Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed May 01, 2013 8:12 am

i also wish there was more skyline/freight hook action
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

I think I'm gonna buy an N64 back just for No Mercy
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 pm

SolidSnake wrote:I think I'm gonna buy an N64 back just for No Mercy

Forget that. WCW/NWO Revenge all day (greatest wrestling game of all time)
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:

I actually liked World Tour better then Revenge
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 am

SolidSnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

heathen
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 am

I don't like wrestling to begin with, but wrestling games seem unplayable to me. Just no fun because you can't maneuver around anywhere.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't like wrestling to begin with, but wrestling games seem unplayable to me. Just no fun because you can't maneuver around anywhere.

This is a big gripe for me, but Revenge was a lot more playable in that respect.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:46 am

I remembered the original Wrestlemania for NES being awesome. Same with one of the Super NES games. Played them both recently and I think they're awful.

The WCW and WWF games for N64 that used the same engine are both pretty playable. Haven't tried one since then.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu May 02, 2013 9:08 am

shafnutz05 wrote:

i concur with this. glacier and that kick he used to do. game over.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am

canaan wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

heathen

I liked playing as the unknown wrestlers. Powder Keg and The Ninja are where it's at.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:24 am

No Madden for Wii U. First time there hasn't been a Madden game released for a Nintendo system since 1991. FIFA 14 won't be out on the Wii U, either.

Some Nintendo VP said that game developers are calling it an underpowered system, and aren't making games for it...I say it hasn't sold well enough for developers to make money making games for the Wii U.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 am

I think underpowered is a bit of an understatement. :pop: I hope sales plummet and the price drops so I can get one.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu May 02, 2013 11:27 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't like wrestling to begin with, but wrestling games seem unplayable to me. Just no fun because you can't maneuver around anywhere.

I'm the same way. I've always hated wrestling games. I think the only one I semiliked was Pro Wrestling for the NES.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:No Madden for Wii U. First time there hasn't been a Madden game released for a Nintendo system since 1991. FIFA 14 won't be out on the Wii U, either.

Some Nintendo VP said that game developers are calling it an underpowered system, and aren't making games for it...I say it hasn't sold well enough for developers to make money making games for the Wii U.

Wow, that is disappointing.

Even though I haven't purchased a Madden game in like 15 years, when a popular game like that, that is pretty much on every system for the past 20 years, passes you up, something is wrong.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:56 am

This might be a dumb question, but do "most kids" these days have more than one system? I don't mean newer, I mean a PS3 and a Wii and a 360. All of my friends who own a Wii also have a PS3 or 360. I don't know if parents toss money at that stuff for kids too.

If they do, that could play into it. The graphics will be better on the PS3/360 and they are already more adept at developing there. If they think a large overlap exists between owners then they can still sell that person a copy of the game for the more popular console.

EA just cut 10% of their employees. Could a large portion of them been Wii U guys?

I keep reading that smartphones and tablets are taking over gaming. Maybe from PS Vita and 3DS, but I have a hard time imagining they are really hurting the industry.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kaizer on Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but do "most kids" these days have more than one system? I don't mean newer, I mean a PS3 and a Wii and a 360. All of my friends who own a Wii also have a PS3 or 360. I don't know if parents toss money at that stuff for kids too.

If they do, that could play into it. The graphics will be better on the PS3/360 and they are already more adept at developing there. If they think a large overlap exists between owners then they can still sell that person a copy of the game for the more popular console.

EA just cut 10% of their employees. Could a large portion of them been Wii U guys?

I keep reading that smartphones and tablets are taking over gaming. Maybe from PS Vita and 3DS, but I have a hard time imagining they are really hurting the industry.

ive found the wii pretty much useless for anything but the bowling and archery games and stuff. if i had to have only that system, i'd probably just give up video games. having a PS3 or xbox is necessary if you own a wii.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Thu May 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Kaizer wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but do "most kids" these days have more than one system? I don't mean newer, I mean a PS3 and a Wii and a 360. All of my friends who own a Wii also have a PS3 or 360. I don't know if parents toss money at that stuff for kids too.

ive found the wii pretty much useless for anything but the bowling and archery games and stuff. if i had to have only that system, i'd probably just give up video games. having a PS3 or xbox is necessary if you own a wii.

I think it depends what you want. The Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Lego games have kept me busy for the past 3 years. I don't get to play as much as I used to, but with the time I have, those have kept me pretty occupied.

But if you are looking for more "hardcore" gaming outside of the Nintendo "classics", I would agree.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 pm

My wife wanted to use points to get a Wii ~4 years ago. She had it for two months before she asked me to hook it up, and she used it for about two weeks. (We would play the bowling game and golf.) About five or six months after that, I disconnected it but left it in place. Few weeks later I asked her if she was still playing it. She said, "Oh yes, when I get home I do Wii Fit." I said, "You know it's been disconnected from the TV for a month?"

I boxed it up and it has been in the trunk of my car ever since. I want to sell it, but I keep forgetting about it.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu May 02, 2013 1:46 pm

tifosi77 wrote:About five or six months after that, I disconnected it but left it in place. Few weeks later I asked her if she was still playing it. She said, "Oh yes, when I get home I do Wii Fit." I said, "You know it's been disconnected from the TV for a month?"

This is awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

I won a Wii in a sales contest about a year and a half ago and I've never played it. It came with Sports and Sports Resort. I really think it looks awful on my large-ish tv - just way too washed out. I set it up initially in my spare room to do P90x on and I hated trying to scroll thru menus with the controller/wand/thingy.

I have a 360 and I don't really play that much either though. The controllers and nunchuks, however, I'm using a lot.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 02, 2013 5:54 pm

I got Demon's Souls from PSN for free. Never played it before.

Downloaded 7 new demos.

Got a new 1 Year Plus subscription as mine was running out. Paid $37 (free ship.) on ebay. Not as good as the $30 before but people haven't been selling many of them lately. Even at 37 bucks, I think I saved that much from a few games I bought last month due to the Plus discounts when they were having a sale. People moan about games timing out if you drop membership, but I feel the best perk is the significant discount you get on many of their games, especially the new ones coming out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm

I’m in the process of designing a ship to travel to Duna (Mars, basically) in Kerbal Space Program. I’m thinking it will be launched in three parts: a rear drive section with some fuel tanks and nuclear engines, a center section of fuel and monopropellant tanks, and a front power/habitation section with solar panels, docking ports, and a Hitchhiker Storage Container where my Kerbals can hang out during trips. The parts will be connected by multiple clamp-o-tron docking ports. These sections are going to be big enough that I think I’ll need a separate “tugboat” ship to push them together in orbit. A separate lander will dock to the front of the power/habitation section. The ship will use four nuclear engines, which with all the fuel on board should have more than enough delta-v to get just about anywhere. If this works, I should be able to re-use this ship for other planets just by ferrying up more fuel and monopropellant.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Spangler on Thu May 02, 2013 7:21 pm

I really wish I had more reasons to buy Wii games because there are some decent things to redeem at their Club Nintendo website. Last year I redeemed Majora's Mask for free, and currently they have Mario 64 and Super Metroid up for free.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 am

Completely forgot that Fatal Frame is on PSN. Downloading it now.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Out of the 7 demos I tried, I am for sure buying 3 of the games. Sacred Citadel, Army of Two The Devil's Cartel, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Army and Far Cry felt very similar in how they handle as both have responsive controls and seem like good shooters. But it's Sacred Citadel had me play the demo 4 times (once with each character... warrior, ranger, mage, and shaman). If you're a fan of side-scroller hack&slash, this is probably a must buy. It has cool graphics, really fun gameplay, equipment and character upgrades, and a co-op mode.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR