Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 am

I been playing The Orange Box to keep me busy until The Last of Us comes out
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:38 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/ ... e=facebook

Holy hell is Microsoft coming off as arrogant...

In an interview filmed prior to Microsoft’s E3 2013 press briefing and published on GameTrailers, Microsoft’s Don Mattrick has addressed concerns about the compulsory connectivity requirements of Xbox One.

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

“If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device.”

Mattrick is aware of the kinds of gamers who’ll be missing out on Xbox One, and “absolutely” anticipated some blowback, but went on to reiterate he feels they have made the right call.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

skullman80 wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

In an interview filmed prior to Microsoft’s E3 2013 press briefing and published on GameTrailers, Microsoft’s Don Mattrick has addressed concerns about the compulsory connectivity requirements of Xbox One.

“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

Mattrick is aware of the kinds of gamers who’ll be missing out on Xbox One, and “absolutely” anticipated some blowback, but went on to reiterate he feels they have made the right call.

He then independently raised the issue of whether or not Microsoft would support soldiers on deployment with the Xbox One — and stated that they wouldn’t. “I’ve got to imagine that it’s not easy to get an internet connection. Hey, I can empathize. If I was on a sub, I’d be disappointed.”

While you're busy empathizing Sony will be happy to sell them a console. As a shareholder this is ridiculous to hear.

The only way they will be able to reverse course on this is to try something like this: if you want to save your discs to your hard drive, you must connect. If you want to play off line you need to have the disc in the box.

Microsoft has completely lost control of the narrative. Instead of talking about what the console WILL be doing, every article is about what it can't do.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

Thats hilarious.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:33 am

Finished the Two Towers story line on Lego LOTR. It was fun playing as Treebeard. You just destroy everything.

Up to 21% complete.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby demondg1 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 am

I can't wait for the new game "Nuclear Sub: The Quest for Connectivity" exclusively for Xbox 360.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am

demondg1 wrote:I can't wait for the new game "Nuclear Sub: The Quest for Connectivity" exclusively for Xbox 360.

"In the first chapter, our protagonist (or antagonist?), LTJG Dick Stevenson, suddenly remembers that his NHL 14 EASHL games start in an hour. At that time, their sub is running in deep stealth in the South China Sea on a recon mission. Thanks to recent actions by the multi-national conglomerate, Microsofttech Inc., he is forced to surface the sub to get an internet signal, resulting in two Jin class Chinese subs zeroing in on their location. Will he be forced to DNF?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am

The only games that I am excited for on these new consoles are Destiny and The Division. It seems like these MMO FPSs are the only thing really "next gen" that I have seen. The MS one looks really good as well.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:“"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360,” said Mattrick.

Thats hilarious.

I burst out with a little laugh at that.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbox-360-says-microsoft?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

He then independently raised the issue of whether or not Microsoft would support soldiers on deployment with the Xbox One — and stated that they wouldn’t. “I’ve got to imagine that it’s not easy to get an internet connection. Hey, I can empathize. If I was on a sub, I’d be disappointed.”

While you're busy empathizing Sony will be happy to sell them a console. As a shareholder this is ridiculous to hear.

The only way they will be able to reverse course on this is to try something like this: if you want to save your discs to your hard drive, you must connect. If you want to play off line you need to have the disc in the box.

Microsoft has completely lost control of the narrative. Instead of talking about what the console WILL be doing, every article is about what it can't do.

The bit about soldiers is really mind-blowing.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am

pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

This is a bigger POS move than some may realize. I bet video games are one of a few things that keep our guys sane over there.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/10/17/gaming-donations-needed-for-deployed-military.aspx
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 am

The 1080p version of Occulus Rift is being shown at E3.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/11/44198 ... ity-cinema

Looks amazing, hype x 101923809182309
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm

i could never have that thing in my house...the wife would balltap me any chance she had.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 pm

canaan wrote:i could never have that thing in my house...the wife would balltap me any chance she had.

Imagine how awesome pr0n will be on it though.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Now that I'm trying to play some multiplayer games on the 360 should I look into a headset? And if so what exactly is it used for?

I have my 360 running into a 5.1 receiver.

Also, I've got a few messages saying people want to be my friends and want me to join their Party (whatever that means). What does that mean?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm

being friends just means you can keep in touch to join games with them again. joining a party means that you'd be in a group with them and join games together.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 pm

I can't believe how easy Microsoft is making my choice.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:being friends just means you can keep in touch to join games with them again. joining a party means that you'd be in a group with them and join games together.

that makes sense since I'm terrible. they probably think I'm 9 years old.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I really really really really want that Ryse game that is xbox exclusive. It is close to the type of era and type of game that I enjoy.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

Ryse looks terrible honestly. QTE after QTE after QTE. Hopefully they delay the game and get rid of that crap after all teh criticism they are receiving from the press.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Those were special finishing moves that are completely optional and only happen if you get enemies to low health. They sped up the damage inflicted to show the different moves. But if you want to hack and slash you can.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh look at this! PS4 might be joining the real next gen!

Sony Computer Entertainment head of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida is a big Oculus Rift fan, it turns out. "We've got a couple of the development kits, and I tried it out and I love it," he told us in an interview this morning at E3 2013. Whether the PlayStation 4 will support it is another question. "No, it doesn't," Yoshida told us. Not yet, that is.

When we asked whether the company's planning on offering support in the future, he only offered a "No comment" with a big smile. The picture of the retail Oculus Rift is potentially a bit clearer now, especially given this week's addition of an HD version of the headset. We'll be sure to keep on Sony about Oculus support on the PlayStation 4 as the year goes on.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Oh look at this! PS4 might be joining the real next gen!

I thought this was going to be about the [underreported] fact that PS4 will allow game publishers to determine whether they can be bought and sold used.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:11 pm

F all these new consoles coming out. For $50 I got a nes 8 bit system with 2 controllers and 5 games. Mario 1&3, Tetris, donkey kong, and Tecmo Super Bowl. Im also off till Monday so yeah buddy. Let the old school roll.

Coincidentially I have a ps3 system for sale. I think its 160 gigs, 5 games, HDMI cable, and 2 remote controllers. I think I played it maybe 3 times. Anyone want offer me something...let me know via pm.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR