Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:NAN, why do you not play NCAA? You love college football.

I hate most sports video games. It's just hte same stuff year in and year out.

Unless it's Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Tecmo Bowl or Bases Loaded/Baseball Stars, I usually don't play it.

MARIO GOLF, MARIO TENNIS, MARIO SPORTS MIX, WII SPORTS
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:38 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Unless it's Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Tecmo Bowl or Bases Loaded/Baseball Stars, I usually don't play it.

MARIO GOLF, MARIO TENNIS, MARIO SPORTS MIX, WII SPORTS

lolol

Right, and I won't necessarily buy every year's version, but if you've been away from NCAA for 10 years, you probably would find it amazing at this point.

And again, YOU CAN REALIGN CONFERENCES NOW AS YOU SEE FIT. That in and of itself is probably worth it for you.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:40 pm

newarenanow wrote:

So you hate something thats basically the same thing year in and year out, but you want something that has literally been identical since 3 decades ago. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:42 pm

Still slowly making my way thought The Last Of Us. The game is so intense that I honestly can't play for that long before becoming exhausted.

I just finished "Winter" and have started the "Spring" section. The preceding bit of gameplay was the most impressive and psychologically pressure-packed of anything I've ever played. And as emotionally challenging as any entertainment, period.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Every time I see a commercial for The Last Of Us, I consider getting it and making sure I complete it before the PS3 moves out of my apartment in October.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

So you hate something thats basically the same thing year in and year out, but you want something that has literally been identical since 3 decades ago. :pop:

Yes.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:46 pm

PS - I just dont' play many sports games in general. Never really did.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Fair enough, thats my thoughts on most sports games too, it just looks funny when written.

Actually if Madden was limited to like 10 plays, I would probably still play the newer games.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Fair enough, thats my thoughts on most sports games too, it just looks funny when written.

Actually if Madden was limited to like 10 plays, I would probably still play the newer games.

It still is limited to the same 10 plays. Find the ones that are insta touchdowns and it's over lol.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Fair enough, thats my thoughts on most sports games too, it just looks funny when written.

It still is limited to the same 10 plays. Find the ones that are insta touchdowns and it's over lol.

lol, pretty much. I don't know many people that use the whole playbook.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm

I've been waiting for named rosters to get finished before starting my dynasty. The people over at opeartionsports always do a great job with rosters. I've played some exhibition games though and the game plays really well.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:15 pm

In terms of strategy, I think NCAA is way better purely because recruiting actually makes you feel like you're doing something with the team.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

Steam is going to have the Skyrim Legendary Edition on sale for $36 some time soon. Could have saved myself a few bucks if I had waited I guess.

Decided to grab Torchlight and Fallout New Vegas. I've been good about not buying too many games at once recently, but this Steam sale is likely to put an end to that. :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:29 am

newarenanow wrote:twc, was board and just went back and read your Lego LOTR posts. Seems a lot like I have gone through.

There is a board where I am on Treebeard and I thought I got all 10 minikit pieces, but it kept saying 9 as I was playing that board. Finally I gave up and finished, and it credited me with all 10. Hopefully I'm not truly missing that one.

And the camera angles on some of the obstacles make it harder than it needs to be.

And there are two minikits that I need to get to finish 100% of a board, but they are at the end in a "chase" type scene, and now I have to go through the whole board again.

I'm at 63%, but feel I'm making a lot of progress. Just don't have the time right now to sit and play consistently. I'm hoping to finsh by the end of the month before I go and play Zelda Twighlight Princess.

I'm pretty sure you still have to find them all to "really" get 100%. At least on PS3, there were achievements that were unlocked for doing so and those didn't happen until I actually grabbed every item. I don't recall if the % was right or not.

The amount of bugs in the more recent games I've played have been frustrating. POTC, Batman 2 and LOTR all had their share of issues when I played them. POTC was by FAR the worst with that horrid freezing bug during the Blackbeard battle.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 am

Any SWTOR players?
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:12 am

Bad News Baseball

Baseball Stars
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 am

Donkey Kong on Wii U eshop for .30 cents
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I dropped $40 on the Steam Summer Sale. $4.99 for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, and $35 or so for the entire Valve package, including LFD 1/2, all of the Half-Lifes and their episodes, CS, etc. I already had a few of the titles (HL2 and such), but it was worth it.

I forgot how much fun Left For Dead 2 is, especially playing with others online. Because it is such a game that requires teamwork, it is much more gratifying to play with strangers as opposed to say, COD.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I dropped $40 on the Steam Summer Sale. $4.99 for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, and $35 or so for the entire Valve package, including LFD 1/2, all of the Half-Lifes and their episodes, CS, etc. I already had a few of the titles (HL2 and such), but it was worth it.

I forgot how much fun Left For Dead 2 is, especially playing with others online. Because it is such a game that requires teamwork, it is much more gratifying to play with strangers as opposed to say, COD.

You need to assemble a crew and play that game while drinking. Most fun co-op game ever haha.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

So I've been trying to get better at ultimate marvel v capcom 3, and I've come to the conclusion that i need an arcade stick. These are really expensive. I had no idea.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:53 pm

For future reference, I had a good experience with Nintendo Customer Support. Repaired my power-surge killed Wii and had it back to me in about 10 days. The board was fried, so we lost all the game data, but the kids are happy again.

Very strange thing happened with the Wii though. While we waited on our Wii to get repaired, we borrowed a neighbor's Wii (we don't have cable, and use the Wii for Netflix/Amazon Prime...kids are both home all summer with my wife). Connected it via RCA/Video cables, but the screen was so bright you couldn't read the screen or Wii menus. You could get into games and such, but the screen was hard to see. Tried our DVD player to the same port, and it was fine. Got the original Wii back from Nintendo....and it was doing the same thing. Changing the TV settings didn't do anything to fix the problem.

I'd read that this was a problem with aftermarket component cables, but not RCA/Video cables (like what we were using). So I ordered component cables...and it's all fixed. Very strange.

All of our Wii shop purchases were there on our account, ready to be downloaded.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Downloading Capcom vs SNK 2 off PSN (my fav fighting game ever) and Hotline Miami.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR