Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 am

Kicked some butt on Lego LOTR last night. I'm up to about 75% complete. I only have the Black Gate and Mount Doom boards to complete and the free play on the story line will be complete.

Just have a bunch of bricks and some characters to purchase/find.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:50 am

There are about 2 or 3 bricks in the main world that are a PITA to get. I'm sure you will know them when you get there, if you haven't already.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am

the wicked child wrote:There are about 2 or 3 bricks in the main world that are a PITA to get. I'm sure you will know them when you get there, if you haven't already.

There are a few that I got already that kind of sucked, but nothing too crazy yet. There is one where you are on a sheep or something and you have to race through the course, but I come up over a hill and can't find the other gate and the time expires. But I haven't put too much time into it yet though.

Quick question, if you remember, I need about 12 more lego characters, but on the map, there is only like 1 or 2 more listed on there. Are there characters that I just have to randomly run into? Or should they all be on there?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:24 am

I think there are some that only become available once you complete certain things.

I also remember the sheep one you're talking about... That sucked. I eventually stumbled upon the next gate by accident. Couldn't tell you where it was though...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm

The Mount and Blade Franchise is 75% off on Steam. Its a completely open series with many mods available to satisfy your needs. And for under $10 for the entire series is a major steal.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

do I want to play Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite first?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Sounds like this could be the last year of NCAA 14

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/pub ... s+contract
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:27 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:do I want to play Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite first?

Bioshock, without question, but I won't go into further detail.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:27 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:do I want to play Bioshock or Bioshock Infinite first?

Bioshock, 100%. Play with no distractions and explore a ton.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 pm

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/pub ... s+contract

NCAA will not renew agreement with EA Sports, so NCAA 2014 will be the last one, mainly due to O'Bannon case.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby stopper40 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Rylan wrote:The Mount and Blade Franchise is 75% off on Steam. Its a completely open series with many mods available to satisfy your needs. And for under $10 for the entire series is a major steal.

I'm going to have to check this out. I'm looking for something new to play
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:30 pm

stopper40 wrote:
Rylan wrote:The Mount and Blade Franchise is 75% off on Steam. Its a completely open series with many mods available to satisfy your needs. And for under $10 for the entire series is a major steal.

I'm going to have to check this out. I'm looking for something new to play

Its easily one of my favorite games. Complete sandbox where you can be a military commander for a "nation", a merchant, a renegade, and a few other options with how you want to play. Then add in the available mods, and there is enough content to satisfy anyone. That is of course if you like medieval combat. Though with Fire and Sword has guns and grenades.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:08 pm

newarenanow wrote:http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2013/july/ncaa+will+not+renew+ea+sports+contract

NCAA will not renew agreement with EA Sports, so NCAA 2014 will be the last one, mainly due to O'Bannon case.

Unlikely. The only intellectual property that the NCAA owns in the game is the NCAA name itself. The individual conferences and universities collectively license their IP through the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC). EA has always had to secure a license from the CLC (and ND, which is the only D1 football school tht license separately) to use their logos, stadiums, trademarks, etc. At least at this point, there is nothing that has happened that indicates the CLC won't continue the relationship with EA. The only change is likely to be the games title - eg, EA Sports College Football 15 - and that you can't call the in game champion the NCAA champion.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah that's what i figured. They just won't be able to call it NCAA, but the game itself would still happen.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:29 pm

Its a shame they wouldnt be able to call it the ncaa championship game. Theyd have to go with something random like...the national championship game
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

"The Big Game At The End" :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:55 pm

do I just suck at FPS online?

I've been playing MW3 on 360 for a little more than a month now, and I haven't gotten any better. I rarely do better than 5 kills, 15 deaths. I've read every guide I can find - stay with a teammate, stick the edges of the map, keep your sights up, don't run around corners, turn off tv image processing - none of it seems to be helping.

Another thing is that my team is almost always destroyed. I'm not doing THAT bad that I'm the singular cause of it, but my teams rarely win and usually lose by a lot. My scores are always terrible too - I get a lower score than teamates I kill more times and die fewer times than. Normally I have the lowest or second lowest score on the team.

Why can't Xbox Live pair me up with other players who aren't very good? Is there any way I can get better, especially with my right thumb? I'd say I finish way down 6/10, almost even 3/10, over .500 1/10. I've never had a killstreak of more than 7 and I don;t think I've ever got more than 15 in a game.

What weapon(s) and perks should I be using since I need all hte help I can get?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Honestly, MW3 is annoying. Its more hectic than anything and is probably my least favorite of the CoD series.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:14 pm

ive picked most of them up at the exchange - i like the campaigns a lot. which would you play online if you had to?

i was bummed that nobody is really playing COD2 online anymore. I played World at War online a bit, but was bummed there werent any of the classic maps - Carentan, Brecourt Manor, etc
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 pm

World at War was my favorite admittedly my favorite when it came out. Map packs were too expensive and the connection was hit and miss more often than not.

I prefer games where its semi automatics. I also wish snipers in the modern games were bolt action only. Nothing annoys me more than a person with a sniper spamming shots.
Last edited by Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eww7633 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:do I just suck at FPS online?

I've been playing MW3 on 360 for a little more than a month now, and I haven't gotten any better. I rarely do better than 5 kills, 15 deaths. I've read every guide I can find - stay with a teammate, stick the edges of the map, keep your sights up, don't run around corners, turn off tv image processing - none of it seems to be helping.

Another thing is that my team is almost always destroyed. I'm not doing THAT bad that I'm the singular cause of it, but my teams rarely win and usually lose by a lot. My scores are always terrible too - I get a lower score than teamates I kill more times and die fewer times than. Normally I have the lowest or second lowest score on the team.

Why can't Xbox Live pair me up with other players who aren't very good? Is there any way I can get better, especially with my right thumb? I'd say I finish way down 6/10, almost even 3/10, over .500 1/10. I've never had a killstreak of more than 7 and I don;t think I've ever got more than 15 in a game.

What weapon(s) and perks should I be using since I need all hte help I can get?

FPS on consoles suck. Play on a PC.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 pm

id love to if i could - my pc is hooked up to a tv and i sit on a lounge chair. i tried a few different set ups to comfortably use a mouse and keyboard but nothing worked.

about 5 or 6 years ago I played COD, COD2, United Offensive, and Counterstrike online on pc - lol I wasn't very good at that either
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:30 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:id love to if i could - my pc is hooked up to a tv and i sit on a lounge chair. i tried a few different set ups to comfortably use a mouse and keyboard but nothing worked.

about 5 or 6 years ago I played COD, COD2, United Offensive, and Counterstrike online on pc - lol I wasn't very good at that either

Lol its starting to look like you just aren't very good.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 pm

at least on pc I was able to find servers with other lousy players - then i did ok
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:01 am

Encountered probably the most annoying thing so far in Skyrim last night. I'm assuming the vampire stuff is all a part of the Dawnguard DLC. I finished up that main story line the night before. However, one of the side effects of dealing with Vampires is that you can potentially contract a disease which will turn you into one after a period of time. As long as you use a potion or shrine to cure it within a certain period of time, nothing happens. Once you get past that point, you become a vampire and start having effects like being weak against fire, the sun causes bad effects.. and you get thirsty for blood and have to feed.

Now, I have no desire to be a vampire, I'm just trying to play the GD game. At some point during my last battle in the DG quests, it told me I had contracted that disease, so I used a potion of cure disease, which is supposed to heal it. I didn't think anything further of it, but out of the blue, I start getting messages like "Your Vampire Blood boils in the sun" and crap like that. So I try using another potion... no dice. So somehow, it's claiming I'm a vampire. So I look up how to deal with that, and see that you have to talk to an innkeeper to start the quest to undo it. However, no useful options are happening. Eventually, I decide to try having Serena turn me into a Vampire Lord. Fortunately, this DOES trigger the quest to undo it and I think I'm rid of this crap now.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR