Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 am

Fun.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:07 am

Rylan wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:id love to if i could - my pc is hooked up to a tv and i sit on a lounge chair. i tried a few different set ups to comfortably use a mouse and keyboard but nothing worked.

about 5 or 6 years ago I played COD, COD2, United Offensive, and Counterstrike online on pc - lol I wasn't very good at that either

Lol its starting to look like you just aren't very good.

haha, this is the harsh but maybe the fairest answer. I've been playing FPS for (geez) 13-14 years now? Have played CS since it first came out. When I play Black Ops, I generally crush the competition you are supposed to crush, and roughly break even or so against the teams that are clearly all used to playing with each other.

What game mode do you normally play? A while back, I switched to hardcore mode full time, because it benefits my playing ability better. I can lock onto an enemy and blast him pretty quickly, but I would get frustrated constantly because they require like 6 shots to go down in "Core" mode. At the end of the round, I would end up with as many assists as I had kills. Hardcore Domination is where it's at.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Rylan wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:id love to if i could - my pc is hooked up to a tv and i sit on a lounge chair. i tried a few different set ups to comfortably use a mouse and keyboard but nothing worked.

about 5 or 6 years ago I played COD, COD2, United Offensive, and Counterstrike online on pc - lol I wasn't very good at that either

Lol its starting to look like you just aren't very good.

haha, this is the harsh but maybe the fairest answer. I've been playing FPS for (geez) 13-14 years now? Have played CS since it first came out. When I play Black Ops, I generally crush the competition you are supposed to crush, and roughly break even or so against the teams that are clearly all used to playing with each other.

What game mode do you normally play? A while back, I switched to hardcore mode full time, because it benefits my playing ability better. I can lock onto an enemy and blast him pretty quickly, but I would get frustrated constantly because they require like 6 shots to go down in "Core" mode. At the end of the round, I would end up with as many assists as I had kills. Hardcore Domination is where it's at.

Yeah, if you're going to make yourself suffer through the CoD and MW games, you might as well do hardcore. When you kill someone, it makes sense, as is when you get killed. So you're not sitting there getting steamed at some crap where you think you should've lived. Just keep moving and take corners looking down your sight.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 am

Yeah, and just like in real life, even in hardcore you can take a shot or even two to a limb and still keep moving, albeit weakened.

In Core, you can take seven shots to the torso, duck behind a corner, and miraculously return to full health within seconds. Stupid.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 am

And the reason you keep getting matched up with people that're much better is because the CoD series ranking system is stupid. You do get XP for doing well, thus keeping you on pace with your performance. You rank up regardless.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:37 am

People that play a ton should be matched up with people that are better than them. Your spirits should be broken, you're spending too much time playing video games. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 am

MW3 has also been out for a couple of years, so the player base knows the maps, weapons, and game modes really well, making it difficult for new players to get acclimated to the game.

I couldn't imagine jumping into a BF3 server for the first time now...so many Col 100's with M16A3s... :lol:

Also, I know most game publications are days or weeks behind everyone, but there is a new Skyrim mod that adds another 1/3 land mass and 25 hours of content, all created by a recent high school graduate: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/16/behin ... ilding-it/

Pretty interesting. Someday, I'll buy this game.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:30 am

Up to 83% complete on Lego LOTR. Finished all of the story boards on Free play. Only have 4 minikits I need to get spread over 3 boards, mainly ones from running away at the end that I missed and just didn't feel like going through again.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:36 am

Last of Us is actually pretty cool so far, but I hate being forced to play this on consoles. This super low resolution is terrible. I keep thinking that I spot items but no it is just the lack of anti aliasing and the 2006 resolution.

I picked up Dark Souls on the steam sale. I'll probably dig into this next if I finish Last of Us before EU4 comes out.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spangler on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 am

Being a rookie and piloting in BF3 is nearly impossible now. At this point, the people who want to pilot are good at it, and will shoot you down quickly. Even when I was a capable jet pilot, I once spent the entire match trailing 1 fighter. I just couldn't shoot him down, though some of that was due to my lack of steadiness with the guns.

I hope the Last of Us wakes Capcom up making them realize you can still make a great survival horror game and sell well. I heard from Adam Sessler that The Last of Us is already the highest selling game of the year across all platforms, and it also outsold Iron Man 3 (the movie) opening week. To outsell a big budget Hollywood movie is crazy.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:03 am

I hope Capcom realizes that they won't get my money unless they base RE games on the RE4/5 model. Not sure why they wouldn't keep going with that system when those were the best selling games they've had.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:31 am

Spangler wrote:To outsell a big budget Hollywood movie is crazy.

Most of these big release games do that. Black Ops 2 grossed half a billion in a single day. You figure all they need to do is sell two million copies of the game and you're at $120 million, which only a few movies have beat.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:34 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Yeah, and just like in real life, even in hardcore you can take a shot or even two to a limb and still keep moving, albeit weakened.

In Core, you can take seven shots to the torso, duck behind a corner, and miraculously return to full health within seconds. Stupid.

I refuse to play softcore CoD because of what you are saying. So frustrating to deal with. Hardcore Domination is definitely my favorite game mode (mostly since hardcore CTF is gone) but I hate when half the team is trying to play freaking TDM and it ruins the game. I hate those kids.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am

Hardcore domination seems like something not video game related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 am

Hardcore kill confirmed for me when I gotta play. Still like TDM but with an objective in place. I love domination, but I feel like I'm the only one that goes for the points. Same way with Halo and CTF.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:45 am

FPS suck.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am

canaan wrote:FPS suck.

I have really started to enjoy RPGs and games like Fire Emblem lately. (been playing Conquistadors and Fallout Tactics lately)
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:50 am

canaan wrote:FPS suck.

My time is mostly consumed by SWTOR at this point.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

My buddy plays COD and does kill confirmed. Dumbest thing ever. But yeah, FPS suck pretty bad.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 am

thats the mode I play :(
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:54 am

I stopped playing FPS when the rgular became those rotations where you run into all these different game types. Its where the better people play. I just want to do straight up team deathmatch. Delta Force Task Force Dagger TDM was the be all/end all for me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 am

Got into Dungeon Defenders the past week. That game is pretty addicting.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kraftster on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 am

I have been playing FIFA 13 again lately. I landed easily my best prospect I've ever had in my new Manager Mode. Gonzalo Mattuschka. He is up to 82 overall at age 19. He is a CAM who I have moved to ST because of a need there and attributes I like in my strikers present in him. He is currently leading Bundesliga in scoring during the winter transfer window and Real Madrid just bid $75M for his services. I think I'm going to take it and buy Cavini+ because he is amazing in FIFA and I am the Uruguayan National Team coach.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 am

Earthbound for SNES is coming to virtual console today and their seems to be a lot of excitement over this. Anyone remember this game, is it really good or something?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 am

I have tried to play it many times, but I basically get an hour into the game or so and can't figure out what to do in town. I don't understand the appeal of the game.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR