Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:25 pm

Spoiler:
Yes
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 pm

WTF is going on in here. This big boy videogaming is too damn confusing.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm

THIS AIN'T LEGO HAPPY SKIPPITY-DOO-DA TOWN, WE'RE TALKING TRANS-DIMENSIONAL BUSINESS.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm

And a list like this is why I'm in no hurry to get a Ps4 yet

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/ ... on-3-games
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Anyone have Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PS3 and wants to play multiplayer (terrorist hunt, or even the main game) hit me up.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 am

Started Zelda Twighlight Princess last night. I only played for like 25 minutes, pretty much just seeing the intro, rounding up the goats, getting the fishing rod, etc. Obviously still have a lot to play, but it just seems weird IMO. First, Link looks like a gay elf or something, and not the link we are all used to. At least so far. And I guess the last Zelda game I played was Wind Waker, so it's a complete change that I'll just have to get used to.

But looking forward to finally sitting down and playign it. I've had it for like 3 or 4 years now and finally have got around to it. After this I hope to play Skyward Sword.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:07 am

The intro part of TP is quite annoying. The goat herding, the bobber fishing... pointless. Hope you were good at stopping the charging goat because you have to use that same skill later on to advance in the game. (One of my major annoyances). The game isn't bad overall, but probably one of my least favorite Zelda games.

The replay factor is heavy there. Most Zelda games, I've replayed multiple times. I got bored with TP on my second playthrough and stopped after the 7th dungeon.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:12 am

I stopped the charging goat on my first try after that guy told me what to do. But I don't know if it was luck or not.

Yeah, the stuff I was doing was boring and pointless IMO, but I just thought it was getting me used to the controls and other stuff for the future. That's pretty much where I stopped last night, just wanted to get it started.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 am

Spoiler:

Wind Waker HD supposidly has a tougher difficulty option to it. Coming out in October, can't wait.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:07 pm

twc, or anyon else, did you guys go for 100% on Zelda TLP?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:14 pm

No. There was a heart piece that I tried a ton of times and couldn't get, so I stopped my quest for 100% there. I still got most of the items. There are also a bunch of Poe souls or something later someone wants you to collect. I didn't bother going for all of those either.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

I think my PS3 is biting the dust. Has anyone else gone through this? Maybe there's something else to blame?

Edit: To add, I haven't exactly tried a bunch of different games, but FIFA has not worked the last couple of times that I've tried to play it. The machine either won't recognize the game at all (won't boot, displays error message) or it starts the game and the game freezes soon after. In trying to turn off/on to get it to work, there have been occasions where it will not eject the disc. It will blink and blink and blink andI'll have to do a hard power down to get it to do anything other than to just flash green/blue. Then it does an improper shutodown boot when I turn it back on and unless I eject/reinsert the disc that is still in there it doesn't recognize anything being in there at all. I guess it could be just FIFA, but I kind of doubt it.
Last edited by Kraftster on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Fate.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Fate.

Well, sure, whatever problem is occurring has been destined to occur since the big bang. That doesn't make it any less :cry:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Yellow light of death perhaps?
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Yellow light of death perhaps?

Nah. Yellow light of death likes you to know its the yellow light of death.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm

It could just be the disk drive, or it could be the hard drive. Either way, you ain't gonna fix it yourself lol.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby malkinshair on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:25 am

Just finished Chapter 4 in Max Payne 3. This game is pretty awesome. The story has me hooked, and the gunplay is phenomenal. Graphics are the best of any R* game not named LA Noire, and the cinematics, though unskippable and frequent, really don't detract from the pace of the rest of the game. With the frenetic gun battles, a little break is almost welcomed.

I still don't use bullettime effectively, and have gotten my a** handed to me plenty already, but the game is not unfair. Really enjoying it to this point.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Decent bit into Torchlight now... just finished Level 28. overall, I'm enjoying this game a lot. Not quite as good as 2, but still good.

My main complaint would be that it feels a bit uneven as far as difficulty is concerned. There are a lot of side maps to play through... and those serve to level you up well beyond what you get from the main dungeon.

However, the enemies in these side dungeon tend to be right around your current level, while you quickly pass up the enemies in the main dungeon. Last I saw, I was TWENTY levels above the enemies I was fighting in there.

However, as I mentioned, the enemies in the side dungeons mirror your level for the most part... and they are WAY tougher, especially enemies that do elemental damage. I got my ass handed to me by some guys using fire and poison in one of those dungeons, despite having fairly high numbers for all my resistances. In the main dungeons, I seldom feel threatened. It seems kind of out of whack to me... like the damage those guys were doing was disproportionate to everything else in the game.

I also had a couple incidents where equipment "disappeared". I'm not sure how it happened, but 2 or 3 times I would go into my inventory and notice gear missing from a slot. That is just a tad annoying. Since I don't know how/when it occurred, it could have been something I did or a bug... no clue.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:18 am

I just did a solid sesh into Mario tennis (n64)...bring it kids
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:59 am

More Steam sales... just bought Oblivion and Morrowind for $11.24 total. :scared:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 am

canaan wrote:I just did a solid sesh into Mario tennis (n64)...bring it kids

How is Mario tennis ? I may get it on the vc
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:56 am

Its not terribly in-depth, but fun. I'd say get the Wii version if you've the option...more of a storyline so it doesn't drag after a while.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 am

canaan wrote:Its not terribly in-depth, but fun. I'd say get the Wii version if you've the option...more of a storyline so it doesn't drag after a while.

I was thinking either Mario tennis or Mario golf I like "Tennis" for the NES it's basic but fun
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Samsdog on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Bought and beat The Last of Us...enjoyed it a lot. Didn't have the same punch as the Uncharted series but really immersive, and I enjoyed the survivalist element to it. Added an extra layer to the gameplay that was missing in Uncharted. Also...

Spoiler:
Joel is a giant bag of %$#@s. Doomed humanity for that one kid who is probably going to find out and end up hating him in the sequel. That is, if there is one and it centers around Joel and Ellie. Don't think that was in the original plan but its hard for developers to walk away from a success like this one. Also, pasting the surgeons was probably unnecessary.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR