Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby eddysnake on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Ducktales remastered is a lot of fun. Just got through the moon level. They added a lot of stuff to make the levels longer. I like that they have the option to turn on/off the hard pogo jump where for nes you had to jump and hold down. The old voice cast is a great addition and it seems like they are bringing back a lot of the old characters from the show! Definitely bringing back good memories.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 am

ajh2298 wrote:How awesome would be a KOTOR 1&2 HD upgraded combo pack for the 360 be? I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Yeah that is probably my favorite bioware series of games. I would love an HD remaster.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GSdrums87 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 am

I'm hoping someone makes an emulator for my new PS Vita so I can get KotOR on the KotGO!
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:42 am

The Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC have told EA that they can't use their logos or teams for video games.

So it is probably over now.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:43 am

So my Portuguese Empire in EU4 is about 90 years in from the start date of 1444. I have some provinces in Morocco, and I am debating on taking the rest. I have colonies spaced out down the west coast of Africa, with the goal of taking all of South Africa to control that sweet Asia-Europe sea trade route in the long term. I am the only Euro power to reach the Americas so far, and I have some choice colonies along the east coast of South America and in the Caribbean. Love that coffee!

My army of 70k led by my Conquistador is ready to exploit the crap out of the Incans. My goal is to invade and loot and pillage, then do the same to the Aztecs, repeating this process until other Euros finally arrive and then I will sack these people for good haha.

Although I'm getting worried about my neighbor Castille. They were my allies, but started crap with France so I bailed out on the alliance. I might have to pull my Conquistadors out and back to the motherland, and ally with France and beat down Castille a bit, but I'm not sure I can stand up to their army. I would have to wait for a good opportunity while they are otherwise occupied.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 am

newarenanow wrote:The Big 10, Pac 12 and SEC have told EA that they can't use their logos or teams for video games.

So it is probably over now.

Yep. Looks that way. At least for the next few years until this all blows over.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Back playing Skyrim, now with all of the DLC packs and also with some new mods installed. The mods I’m using include:

SkyUI – better menus
A Quality World Map – self explanatory
Immersive Armors – more types of armor
Immersive Weapons – more types of weapons
Categorized Favorites Menu – better favorites menu with quick keys
JaySus Swords – more types of weapons
Glowing Ore Veins – self explanatory
Auto Unequip Ammo – removes quivers when not using bow/crossbow
Bandolier Bags and Pouches – craftable belt pouches that increase carrying capacity
Better Dynamic Snow – self explanatory
Realistic Lighting Overhaul – better, more realistic lighting
Skyrim Immersive Creatures – more types of critters and monsters

The Immersive Creatures mod adds literally hundreds of neat new monsters and critters to the game. Some of them are maybe a wee bit unbalanced. My character isn’t exactly a battle tank (I used a random number generator to pick a new character and ended up with a female Argonian), and I ran into some sort of new cultist dude on the road who curb-stomped me in about 10 seconds. I re-loaded and then backstabbed him while sneaking. Still, I like a challenge, so I’m keeping it installed. Things like Draugrs and skeletons have been subdivided into something like several hundred different varieties with slightly different equipment, skills, and appearances.
Last edited by Shyster on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Just an update on this awesome video game-themed store in Greensburg:

http://imgur.com/a/3hs42

Really need to check this place out.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 pm

Shyster wrote:Back playing Skyrim, now with all of the DLC packs and also with some new mods installed. The mods I’m using include:

SkyUI – better menus
A Quality World Map – self explanatory
Immersive Armors – more types of armor
Immersive Weapons – more types of weapons
Categorized Favorites Menu – better favorites menu with quick keys
JaySus Swords – more types of weapons
Glowing Ore Veins – self explanatory
Auto Unequip Ammo – removes quivers when not using bow/crossbow
Bandolier Bags and Pouches – craftable belt pouches that increase carrying capacity
Better Dynamic Snow – self explanatory
Realistic Lighting Overhaul – better, more realistic lighting
Skyrim Immersive Creatures – more types of critters and monsters

The Immersive Creatures mod adds literally hundreds of neat new monsters and critters to the game. Some of them are maybe a wee bit unbalanced. My character isn’t exactly a battle tank (I used a random number generator to pick a new character and ended up with a female Argonian), and I ran into some sort of new cultist dude on the road who curb-stomped me in about 10 seconds. I re-loaded and then backstabbed him while sneaking. Still, I like a challenge, so I’m keeping it installed. Things like Draugrs and skeletons have been subdivided into something like several hundred different varieties with slightly different equipment, skills, and appearances.

Woah, that sounds pretty damn awesome. I am beyond sick of fighting the same 4 draugrs, wolves and bears.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Hmm. Most of those aren't showing up via the workshop. Mostly I'm interested in the creatures one. Any idea how to find it?

edit: nvm, I figured it out.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Disappointed that I'll have to keep my 360 for another year for GTA5 and NHL. Was hoping they'd get ported to the PS4 since it's coming out soon. Oh well, maybe GTA5 will still be(haven't heard)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 pm

the wicked child wrote:Hmm. Most of those aren't showing up via the workshop. Mostly I'm interested in the creatures one. Any idea how to find it?

edit: nvm, I figured it out.

For others who may be interested, these mods are all on the Skyrim Nexus (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/). That site has a free app you can install called the Nexus Mod Manager, which will automatically download and install a mod with one click (free signup / login required). The NMM also lets you set the load order of mods and will inform you if there's a newer version of a mod. Nexus also has mod sites for the P.C. versions of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, and the NMM works for those games too. Also, Nexus is willing to host game mods that the Steam Workshop won't, such as ones with (*ahem*) "adult" content.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:05 am

I'm not sure if many would be interested in this or not, but EA/Origin are partcipating in the Humble Bundle - a bundle of PC games for a low price, with money going to a host of charities. You pay what you want, and get up to eight games via Origin or Steam. The games are:

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: the Ultimate Box
Crysis 2: Maximum Edition
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor (2010, not Warfighter)
Battlefield 3
Sims 3 + Starter pack

Currently, if you exceed the average donation of $4.80 you get all of the games. Pretty sweet deal.

Peter Linkage: https://www.humblebundle.com/
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:08 am

My friend was telling me about humblebundle this past weekend. Seems pretty cool. Also, I downloaded Witcher 2 yesterday, didn't get to play it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:00 am

:thumb: :lol:

Spoiler:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:09 am

That seems probable.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Finally got around to finishing Assassin's Creed III

Spoiler:
What a let down. Coming on the heels of the two most complete games I've ever played - Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us - pretty much anything was going to seem subpar. But the level of story telling in ACIII was just..... amateurish. In retrospect, I think perhaps all of the AC games are a bit weak in the story knees now that I think about it. (Even AC2, which at one point was my favorite game of ever) They try and tackle these big themes and come off as all high concept, but as often as not they make little to no story sense.

For example, the ending of ACIII makes the same fundamental mistake that they made in Far Cry 3: you kill the real baddie first, leaving you with a chunk of gameplay after the story's emotional climax before killing someone else. Yes, Charles Lee killed your mother..... but Haytham is your father! C'mon! That's Luke and Vader stuff! And Haytham is a much more interesting and compelling character, never mind the fact that you actually play as him at the outset of the game, and spend a significant chunk of time playing alongside him as Connor. They set him up as a character very well; they establish a natural relationship between he and Connor, but you as the player are also vested in Haytham having started out the game as him. The payoff of those relationships is, by rights, the conclusion of the Connor story. The fact that you kill Haytham and then set off after Lee is completely stupid.

And what was the frickin' purpose of chasing Lee into the frontier area outside Boston to share a scotch with him before getting all stabby? All it did was put a needless load screen between you and end of the game. Oh.... and you don't even get to kill Lee yourself. The game kills him for you in a cut scene. Dumb.

The pacing issues in the game are so fundamentally inept that it makes you wonder if the writer(s) ever did this story telling thing before. Which is a shame, because the first 8-10 hours of the game were highly enjoyable.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 am

Got into The Witcher 2 yesterday, its pretty awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 am

Started digging into uncharted since i only played the first one for a couple hours many moons ago. i snagged the trilogy from mikeenike...my biggest challenge is going to be staying intrigued because my game time has been sporadic-at-best.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 am

Ducktales continues to be awesome. I don't remember this on the regular version, but you can swim in scrooges money bin and it's the simplest thing in the world, but it's also immediately satisfies the 8 year old in me that always thought it was the coolest thing in the world when he did it on the show.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:28 am

Put together the second light spirit in Zelda and I'm to the point I'm ready to head up Death Mountain and play the Goron mines.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:30 am

Did you get to the Goron wrestling yet? One of my least favorite parts of the game... Largely due to the controls.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 am

eddysnake wrote:Ducktales continues to be awesome. I don't remember this on the regular version, but you can swim in scrooges money bin and it's the simplest thing in the world, but it's also immediately satisfies the 8 year old in me that always thought it was the coolest thing in the world when he did it on the show.

I have to wait until September :(
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 am

Been watching this auction on eBay, just to see how it turns out. Quite the package.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271257212450?ss ... 1423.l2649
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:56 am

the wicked child wrote:Did you get to the Goron wrestling yet? One of my least favorite parts of the game... Largely due to the controls.

No, I stopped and saved the game right before I had to go up and wrestle the Goron. I have the Iron Boots and wresteld the mayor guy for practice.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR