Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby JS© on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

:shock:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

beat Duck Tales HD yesterday, the whole thing is awesome and a little tougher than I though it would be (probably because it was constant nagging from the kids of when they could play)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

madden 25 is pretty good. blocking is a little too aggressive but the juke and spin moves seem to be the most realistic to date.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:madden 25 is pretty good. blocking is a little too aggressive but the juke and spin moves seem to be the most realistic to date.

what do you mean by aggressive blocking? do the lineman still stick to defenders like a magnet when they get close enough?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 am

More so than usual. Heard they are releasing a patch tho
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 am

Only played like 2 hrs of Zelda the past 2 weeks. I'm in the Twighlight realm in the Zoro part. I'd say I'm probably 20-25% of the way through the game. At this pace, it will be Xmas before I finish.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am

new video: graphics on HD Wind Waker look great, really looking forward to this game in a few weeks
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Loaf31 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

So with the "Get any new game for $9.99 with 2 eligible trades deal" I could use the trades for Fifa 14 and get it for ten bucks? (I'd trade Fifa 13 and The Show 13)
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 am

Loaf31 wrote:http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

So with the "Get any new game for $9.99 with 2 eligible trades deal" I could use the trades for Fifa 14 and get it for ten bucks? (I'd trade Fifa 13 and The Show 13)

Correct.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 am

Played Zelda last night. Freed the last light spirit in Zora town and I'm exploring Hyrule Field/Castle/Town.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:38 am

Picked up Guacamelee and Okami HD.

Okami looks amazing, but I'm a bit concerned about how I'll fare with some of the brush strokes... I can see the transition from the Wiimote being tough there. That said, I do NOT miss mindlessly flicking my wrist to attack.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:45 am

eddysnake wrote:beat Duck Tales HD yesterday, the whole thing is awesome and a little tougher than I though it would be (probably because it was constant nagging from the kids of when they could play)

Still waiting til next week for the 360 version to come out, but I did beat the Ducktales NES game a few days ago. I had a tough time with the Himalayas, but other than that it was pretty easy. I still remembered which mirrors did what in Transylvania, which is kind of amazing considering I haven't played that game since the first Clinton term.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:beat Duck Tales HD yesterday, the whole thing is awesome and a little tougher than I though it would be (probably because it was constant nagging from the kids of when they could play)

Still waiting til next week for the 360 version to come out, but I did beat the Ducktales NES game a few days ago. I had a tough time with the Himalayas, but other than that it was pretty easy. I still remembered which mirrors did what in Transylvania, which is kind of amazing considering I haven't played that game since the first Clinton term.

I saved Himalayas for last (damn pogo cane jump getting stuck in the snow). That's pretty awesome, I didn't play it on the hardest and every level was rather easy in the grand scheme of things, but the last race up to the top of the volcano took a while (mostly to me obviously hitting the correct buttons, but scrooge for whatever reason choosing not to respond). You will be better to give a good comparison between the two as I haven't played the original in a while, but there felt like a lot of new things to me. I liked the end bosses.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:21 am

Has anyone ever played Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube.

That is the only Zelda I don't own that is not on a handheld, and was wondering if it was worth it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Avyran on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:24 am

newarenanow wrote:Has anyone ever played Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube.

That is the only Zelda I don't own that is not on a handheld, and was wondering if it was worth it.

From what I remember, it was very, very fun in co-op, but the DS-system link deal made it pretty clunky. I didn't try it by myself very much, but I'd imagine that the 4-person schtick would get irritating after a while: it's definitely built for co-op.

It'd be an alright pick-up for cheap, but not among the better Zeldas if you're playing solo.
Avyran
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 am

newarenanow wrote:Has anyone ever played Zelda: Four Swords Adventures on the GameCube.

Probably the worst Zelda game (not counting the CD-I abominations). That said, it still is probably worth playing through once.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

the wicked child wrote:

Probably the worst Zelda game (not counting the CD-I abominations). That said, it still is probably worth playing through once.

I read where it's broken up into 8 worlds, with 3 levels each. And each level is like it's own "game" so you can't carry the things you find forward. Is that true?

I'm thinking about possibly picking it up just so 1) I have all the consol Zelda's, and 2) play it to give me a change of pace between Twighlight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Hopefully it's shorter than the two of those, I'm hopin like 15-20 hours of play value vs 50-60.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:43 am

I only played through it once, and that was quite a few years ago now. I then let my friend borrow it, and I borrowed his OOT Master Quest. We never ended up trading back, so I never replayed it. I don't really remember the details tbh. It's certainly not as long as the "real" console zeldas.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 am

the wicked child wrote:

i never played the CD-I ones...they were that bad?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:26 pm

The Angry Video Game Nerd covered them... yeah, they're bad.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I picked up Dead Island...was in the mood for a zombie game. I know it got mixed reviews, but it's pretty good so far. It definitely has some tense moments, and the 1st person combat makes things seem more 'personal'. It'll be a very good time killer for me, I think.

It didn't come with a manual, so I'm left to try and figure out things like weapon mods and leveling myself, but it doesn't seem too complicated.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Spangler on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:35 pm

JS© wrote:

:shock:

I haven't played a GTA game, nor have I wanted to play a GTA game, since Vice City.

This is making me reconsider.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Can't wait for the ps4
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:18 pm

I bought 2 games that I'm sure will keep me busy until Xbox One comes out. Diablo III and Final Fantasy 8, I played FF8 before but never beat it so now is my chance. I think FF8 is underrated, most people hate it.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:Can't wait for the ps4

Is it possible to pre-order?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR