Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Kaizer wrote:beware of random events. i stopped for this woman who was screaming that her mom or something was getting beat up. i followed her around the house into an ambush, where 3 dudes shotgunned me to death before i even knew what was happening.

I somehow ended up being the getaway driver for two guys robbing a convenience store. I was stopped in a parking lot driving to lose my wanted level, heard some talking, and boom in the vehicle they got.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Malkamaniac on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Kaizer wrote:beware of random events. i stopped for this woman who was screaming that her mom or something was getting beat up. i followed her around the house into an ambush, where 3 dudes shotgunned me to death before i even knew what was happening.

Lol that's awesome
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Do the animals have some sort of "you watch my back and I got yours" agreement? I got mauled by a bobcat again, this time after I went hunting mission with Cletus.

I also modified Trevor to look like a friend of mine
Spoiler:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Isn't this pretty similar to what the "hiccup girl" just got convicted for (in real life)?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:55 pm

JS© wrote:Do the animals have some sort of "you watch my back and I got yours" agreement? I got mauled by a bobcat again, this time after I went hunting mission with Cletus.

I also modified Trevor to look like a friend of mine
Spoiler:

Possibly. Although it appears the bobcats just dislike you.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Stuff like that happens in Red Dead Remdeption, a girl was on the side of the rode with a broken wagon wheel and I went to talk to her and get shot up
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:41 pm

haha I blew those ******* away. finally getting the hang of it, and as excited as I am that they included I don't care anymore by phil Collins and hearbeat by don Johnson, im sad I cant customize controls or add my own mp3s. this game screams for the scores from drive and the original fast and the furious.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:22 pm

The switching between characters is really clunky mid mission
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:The switching between characters is really clunky mid mission

Tis, but at least they give you a few seconds to get your barrings. I was afraid of switching while some hoodlum was blasting me in the chest with a shotgun. That hasn't happened...yet.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:59 am

meow wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:The switching between characters is really clunky mid mission

Tis, but at least they give you a few seconds to get your barrings. I was afraid of switching while some hoodlum was blasting me in the chest with a shotgun. That hasn't happened...yet.

I forgot how to switch, but that time alotted was perfect.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Spangler on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:13 pm

Picked up GTAV last night, and WOW! I'm blown away so far just by driving through the city. Looks amazing.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:45 pm

All you guys are making me want to go out and buy it. I don't like spending $60 on a game. Must fight urge...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kaizer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:05 pm

if it were $100 it would probably still be worth it, in comparison to other PS3 games ive bought. *cough*Aliens*cough*
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 pm

bhaw wrote:All you guys are making me want to go out and buy it. I don't like spending $60 on a game. Must fight urge...

This is the first game in my life that Ive ever gone out and bought when it first came out. Very happy I did. The controls took me a really long time to figure out but I'm having a great time playing it.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:44 pm

bhaw wrote:All you guys are making me want to go out and buy it. I don't like spending $60 on a game. Must fight urge...

From Tuesday until Friday I did everything I could to tell myself not to buy it. Gave in on Friday. So happy I did.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Kaizer wrote:if it were $100 it would probably still be worth it, in comparison to other PS3 games ive bought. *cough*Aliens*cough*

I said this to someone else the other day. GTAV is arguably one of the only games that is worth far above it's market price ($60). They spend so much time packing a ridiculous ton of extra content and quality entertainment into the game, it makes it worth it
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:54 pm

One thing about the GTA games that ive had trouble with is the open world nature of it. Im always a little confused at first and worried about what I have to do and when. I think getting through the first couple missions is a little difficult but after that it seems to flow better.

I don't really do any of the extra stuff - gym, movies, sports etc. Im glad they took eating out of the game like it was in San Andreas. I guess I just really hate RPGs.

Game saves definitely confused me. Im used to driving back to a fixed point to save. I wasn't sure if it was doing it for me and what a quick save was.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:00 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:One thing about the GTA games that ive had trouble with is the open world nature of it. Im always a little confused at first and worried about what I have to do and when. I think getting through the first couple missions is a little difficult but after that it seems to flow better.

I don't really do any of the extra stuff - gym, movies, sports etc. Im glad they took eating out of the game like it was in San Andreas. I guess I just really hate RPGs.

Game saves definitely confused me. Im used to driving back to a fixed point to save. I wasn't sure if it was doing it for me and what a quick save was.

If you are used to more linear games, open world is always a bit tough to work with. Mainly you, the idea being that unless you are IN a mission, you don't have to do anything at any particular time. When you are in mission, you obviously need to do what it says to accomplish it, but outside of that, they specifically make them so you can go off and do totally random stuff whenever you want. It doesn't affect the missions (other than getting rid of all the police presence you've potentially built up).

My sandbox game was Saints Row 3. I tend to find myself doing the missions to start then getting WAYYYY of track in the open worlds. Usually happens if there's a bunch of boring missions in a row.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:57 am

I wanted to get GTA V, but just borrowed The Last of Us from a friend and wanted to play that and get it back to him. Well my wife came home from shopping with her mom Saturday afternoon with a copy of GTA V and that has consumed the rest of my free time since. I think I have about 6-8 hours in for the 2 evenings. I'm still getting the hang of things the first heist was pretty cool. I look forward to just messing around in the future.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:03 pm

ha. that happened to me. got totally sniped.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:16 pm

So where next for GTA? I think Detroit could make a great location:

-scary abandoned parts of city
-a main character could work for the corrupt mayor
-opportunities for border smuggling
-a winter/cold/snowy setting
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 pm

James Pond for sega, remember that?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 pm

canaan wrote:

ha. that happened to me. got totally sniped.

This is why I trust no one. Even the lady that had her purse stolen. I was able to track the guy down, run him over, back over him, retrieve said purse, return it to the lady, collect my reward, take her out with a golf club, then collect her money as well. Trust no one.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:30 pm

i like gta cuz i will do a mission or two before bed and then just cause some mayhem if i am not optimized for sleep yet. i like to find a car that i really like and then stash them in the garage for certain missions.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 pm

I chased down a guy that stole a dude's bike. Killed the guy and brought his bike back. No reward.

Few days later I get an email from the guy. He owns an organic pet food store. Gave me $100,000 in stock.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR