Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Avyran wrote:Reddit's Amazon Black Friday deal list. Includes deals that started yesterday & today.

Cool.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Played through the second Dungeon in A Link Between Worlds. Game is pretty cool so far. The wall "merging" technique brings a unique twist to the puzzle solving. Definitely threw me for a loop for a bit in that dungeon.

NAN will be happy to know that there is AT LEAST one new mindless collectible... have to rescue 100 baby... "squids" for lack of a better term. I think I'e found like 8 or 9 so far just in exploring.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Tomb raider is $14.99 on xbox live right now. I think its the newer one. Also, has anyone played deadpool? Its $29.99

If its the newer one the Tomb Raider game is really top notch.

I just noticed it on amazon for same price for PS3/XBox. I gotta get that myself.

If anyone has a list of PS3 games on sale, post a link please.

I'll be trying to get 1 Year PSN Plus for $30 at GameStop tomorrow.

I was looking at Best Buy's website, and they had Arkham Origins for $30.

I've been super satisfied playing Dark Souls right now, but I may pick that up online.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Broke out the old PS2 and Simpsons Road Rage. Forgot how fun this was
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Spangler wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Tomb raider is $14.99 on xbox live right now. I think its the newer one. Also, has anyone played deadpool? Its $29.99

If its the newer one the Tomb Raider game is really top notch.

I just noticed it on amazon for same price for PS3/XBox. I gotta get that myself.

If anyone has a list of PS3 games on sale, post a link please.

I'll be trying to get 1 Year PSN Plus for $30 at GameStop tomorrow.

I was looking at Best Buy's website, and they had Arkham Origins for $30.

I've been super satisfied playing Dark Souls right now, but I may pick that up online.

I decided to throw myself into Kingdoms of Amalur, now that I'm home. Played a bit months ago and so far I think it's better than I even remembered. I am completely into this thing. Voice acting and colorful graphics and the Fae story and the super fun combat.... mmm. Going to be playing this for hundreds of hours, I suppose, as the map is HUGE.

Although, for anyone who had this on PS3/XBOX rather than PC, man, did they mess up the freaking quick spell/ability access. You can only have 4, yet as I'm planning to make a Soldier/Magician, I see I'll have a problem. Instead of the 6 or 7 things I wanted, I'll have to choose 5 (one I can activate and remove in favor of another). They give you all these choices, but don't tell you you can't realistically place them all for quick use all at once. How they put out the game with this screw up is beyond me. They justified it by some memory issue.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:53 pm

I did a warrior/ranger so it didn't bother me too much. I basically had 2 moves I used all the time.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 am

Ok, so once you get the Master Sword, you get the option to buy the items instead of renting them. The cost is much higher, but you don't lose those items if you die. He gives you half off the first item you buy.

The items available in this shop are: Fire Rod, Hookshot, Hammer, Bombs, Bow, Tornado Rod, Sand Rod (n/a right now), Boomerang and Ice Rod.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Just ordered Arkham Origins online from Best Buy for $30. I'm in no hurry to play it, but I figure it will be at least a year until it reaches that price again. Same thing happened with Skyrim and BF3 in previous years, except Skyrim stayed full price for multiple years.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Picked up Rayman legends wii u for $25, looks fun. Would like to get another wii plus remote, haven't seen any deals
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 pm

the wicked child wrote:Ok, so once you get the Master Sword, you get the option to buy the items instead of renting them. The cost is much higher, but you don't lose those items if you die. He gives you half off the first item you buy.

The items available in this shop are: Fire Rod, Hookshot, Hammer, Bombs, Bow, Tornado Rod, Sand Rod (n/a right now), Boomerang and Ice Rod.

Are you still talking about Amalur? I'm not that far yet so I don't know anything about renting. I'm making a lot of gold. I'm the type of player that will sell everything and go back to same areas to get more experience over and over. Or just hang out in the pretty visuals lol. I like the spawning rate a lot. It's not constant so you have a lot of breathing room, but you can come back 2 days later and the bad guys are there again.

I got Dragon's Dogma off PS+ and a review scared me saying the enemies respawn all the time and you don't really have a quick travel feature, making the game pretty tedious.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Hahaha... No.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:00 pm

lol it didn't sound like you were but I wasn't sure.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Made pretty good progress in Zelda. Have 2 or 3 dungeons left to clear in the dark world... something like 5 or 6 heart pieces left. Up to 80 Maiamai... might try to find the rest of those bastards before I continue as apparently the reward is weapon upgrades. Most aren't too bad to find/collect if you have the right equipment, but there are of course a few stragglers that can be annoying to find.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 pm

3 years after winning it I finally set up my wii today.

what games should I buy? I don't like the motion pointer at all, so id prefer ones that use the controller and or classic controller.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Lol. What kind of games do you like to play?

My top games would be:

Skyward Sword
Mario Galaxy 1/2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Kart Wii

Of those, only MK uses other controllers.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:05 pm

i had a bunch for n64 i liked - Mario, Zelda, star fox, goldeneye, wave race. in the last 15 years all ive had is a few fps and gta games.

i just cant get the sensitivity to work on this thing. it took me a half hour to set up my wifi because i kept pointing at the wrong letters.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:41 pm

You might need to recal your wiimote
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Collected all of those squeaky bastards. Upgraded the items I own (all but the 4 rods). Will get back to the main quest tomorrow.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 pm

wii is on hold.

I moved all my 360 save files to a thumb drive that corrupted itself a few hours later :(

fortunately its mostly just a few call of duty campaigns. I gave up on gta v after a got to trevor and still couldn't figure out the controls.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/atlus-freedom ... sega-game/

Amazing. Heres to a Skies of Arcadia hd or sequel scared
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:14 pm

The Burial at Sea (part 1) DLC for Bioshock Infinite is good, but it is indeed very short. I took my time and examined every inch of every locale, and it took me about four to five hours to play through. If you knew where to go, you could probably speed through it in an hour or less. It's worth buying, but not at full price; I'd only buy it if it's substantially on sale,

After consulting a random-number generator, I downloaded Darksiders and LIMBO from my Steam queue, and started on the latter first. LIMBO is an atmospheric black-and-white puzzle platformer where you guide a young boy as he dies over and over and over again in wonderfully gruesome fashions. So far, I've been crushed, drowned, decapitated, impaled, and riddled with arrows. I can tell it's not going to be very long, but it's a neat little game. It's currently five bucks on Steam, and it's totally worth it.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Played and liked both. LIMBO is very short (several hours and no replay value), but really neat especially if you can get it cheap. It's not worth the full price or even half, but I either got it free on PS+ or something near that.

Darksiders is AWESOME. I mean, AWESOME. It's a long game too that completely took me by surprise. Combat is A+. I think I got it for free also. I still have to get the second one.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:02 am

I just bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass on Friday because I plan on playing both dlc parts. Considering part 1 is $15 and the season pass is $20, it's not that bad.

Have not played Episode 1 yet because I don't want to break away from Dark Souls.

After I bought the Dark Souls dlc and upon further readin, I discovered that it's entirely possible to not know how to access it. To get to the dlc areas you have to reach a certain point in the game and perform some obscure tasks.

There's also a possibility you have to start a new game to access it too.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:03 pm

3d Mario world for wii u is really incredible. 4 player coop is a blast
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR