Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Kraftster wrote:So who else has a PS4?

I just got mine last night along with FIFA 14. It is completely unplayable because the game crashes at the end of every game you play.... Error CE-34878-0. Apparently it's a Sony issue and happening across a bunch if games with different devs.

WTF.

Anyone else dealing with this?

I have a PS4 and that has never happened to me. I've played a ton of FIFA 14 on it. There was a new system update last night though
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Bought a Top loader NES complete in box off my buddy for $75
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:24 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i miss baldurs gate 2

This was just released on Steam

Oh snap. How much?

I used to blast people with melf's minute meteors all day

Like $20. Overpriced if you ask me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Anyone play Final Fantasy XIV since the reboot?
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Avyran on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:13 pm

I played for a bit, as did my brother. Very good graphics, pretty enjoyable class system (equip a weapon, become that class).

I couldn't get into it, though. Was a decent enough game, but I didn't enjoy it enough to pay for the subscription. Went back to Guild Wars 2. It was just missing... something, and playing it immediately felt like a grind.

Would definitely recommend trying it out if you can, but unfortunately I don't think there's a trial system right now.
Avyran
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

I should have worded that differently. I've been playing since beta, just wondering if anyone has given it a chance as well since the 1.0 version was such a **** show.

Funny you say that though. I liked GW2, but that's the way I felt about it. Maybe just because I didn't really have anyone to play with. It felt empty. Also didn't like that each character was only one job. I want to be one character, not cycle through different ones based on the day/mission.

As for XIV, you need to get past the first 15 or so levels and do dungeon runs or do the "FATES" to really have any decent fun at leveling. The beginning is quite painful. I have to say, I really enjoy the crafting portion. I've *NEVER* crafted in online rpg games - FFXI or GW2 - but I tried it in this game simply because there isn't too much emphasis placed on money and figured that i really didn't have anything to lose. It was really addicting. Really addicting.
Last edited by blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I picked up the Donkey Kong Country and Paper Mario games for 3DS. DKC is apparently an updated version of a Wii or Wii-U game. Decent so far.

As much as I enjoyed the Wii Paper Mario game, I'm unsure about this one... the fights with the enemy are RPG-style. You collect various "stickers" that are used for attacking during the battles. Interesting concept, but kind of a PITA since you need to hope you have the right set of stickers to deal with the enemies you encounter.

Outside of that, the game has the usual puzzle solving mixed in, though this can be annoying at times when you have to pay attention to minute details of the stage to realize there is a path that leads to not a secret or bonus, but required item/character.

There are a few other games I want to pick up eventually... the 3DS Mario World game, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus, and a couple others that I can't think of ATM.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:21 pm

Apparently people can kill you in passive mode in GTA Online?

I swore I turned it on when I stepped out of the room. Came back, my car was blown up, then I was killed.

I thought the point of passive mode was to prevent idiots from killing you?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm

I was going to grab a 3ds on black Friday since they were on such a good sale everywhere, but when i tried a display unit for a few minutes, it immediately made me sick. I don't want the 2ds...it looks idiotic. I want the clam-shell, not some early 90's single-title looking thing.

There are a ton of games I'd love to play on the thing, but I can't buy something that makes me sick within 5min of turning it on. :\
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 pm

You can turn off the 3d effect.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Avyran on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:24 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:I should have worded that differently. I've been playing since beta, just wondering if anyone has given it a chance as well since the 1.0 version was such a **** show.

Funny you say that though. I liked GW2, but that's the way I felt about it. Maybe just because I didn't really have anyone to play with. It felt empty. Also didn't like that each character was only one job. I want to be one character, not cycle through different ones based on the day/mission.

Ah, yeah. I have a guild in GW2 which helps with that, and I really like the setting. I understand wanting to just play one character, but character creation & differing storylines was really fun for me. I like creating new characters & trying different stuff.

It's weird though, because that same guild also largely migrated over to FF14 (I since joined another one we were associated with), and I did the same about a month or two ago (so I did play it in the reboot). It felt really polished & well-done, but... it just wasn't for me. Even though I've always enjoyed Final Fantasy (well, not the most recent ones).

As for crafting & stuff... true. I didn't get past 15 on any class. Maybe I'll try it again when I get sick of GW2 again.
Last edited by Avyran on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avyran
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby canaan on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I underestimated the bonus levels of Mario 3d world. I'm gonna have to do some serious work. I'm up to 275 stars.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:26 pm

canaan wrote:You can turn off the 3d effect.

I know, I tried after I noticed it making me sick, but I think it was already too late. I need to go back and try it again with the 3d turned off from the get-go.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 pm

canaan wrote:You can turn off the 3d effect.

Yep.

Although I have thus far left it on. I will say that you have to hold the console just right or it will f with your head in a major way.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:23 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:I was going to grab a 3ds on black Friday since they were on such a good sale everywhere, but when i tried a display unit for a few minutes, it immediately made me sick. I don't want the 2ds...it looks idiotic. I want the clam-shell, not some early 90's single-title looking thing.

There are a ton of games I'd love to play on the thing, but I can't buy something that makes me sick within 5min of turning it on. :\

Target will have all their 3DS XL's at $149.99 starting tomorrow(Sunday) and I am pretty sure that includes all the $199.99 models even ones that came pre-installed with a game(Silver M&L Dream Team Bundle).
I don't think the Gold Zelda one will be included since the MSRP is $219.99 on that one.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:33 pm

That's tempting. Though i did want the Zelda bundle....
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:36 pm

The Zelda bundle is quite awesome... but that comes down to whether or not you think it's worth dropping the extra money to get a gold 3DSXL w/ a triforce on the top and bottom.

I saw it is, but I <3 Zelda so...

Of course if you get a regular system, you still have to buy the game, so some of the savings are immediately lost.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Yea, big Zelda fan here.

I jumped the gun and bought the Wii U on a whim for the g/f simply because of that Zelda bundle w/ Windwaker HD. Would have bought it anyways eventually, but that made me buy it much sooner, just because I knew it wouldn't be around by the time I did buy it.

*Edit*

I made the g/f feel bad last Christmas because she didn't sense my urgency when telling her I wanted her to pre-order Skyward Sword so I got the gold Wii remote bundle, that she ended up paying double on ebay for it. rofl
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I know its a little late but the gold "Zelda" 3ds xl bundle that retails for $219.99 is also ringing up for the sale price of $149.99 at Target if anyone is interested.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment ... 1387123647

Here is the "stock checker" for it.

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14951522?cl ... v_xasd0002
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:33 pm

I was at the Cranberry Target within minutes of reading that as it was the only store coming up as "in stock."

Their stock tracker must not be real time, because they were out when I got there. They must have had them at some point this morning though, because they had a sign specifically for them.

I was going to get out of bed early and go this morning, too. Oh well...

Thanks!
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:40 pm

blurryhaze312 wrote:I was at the Cranberry Target within minutes of reading that as it was the only store coming up as "in stock."

Their stock tracker must not be real time, because they were out when I got there. They must have had them at some point this morning though, because they had a sign specifically for them.

I was going to get out of bed early and go this morning, too. Oh well...

Thanks!

Should have took a pic of the sign and did a price match at either Walmart, Toys-r-us, or Best Buy.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 pm

No stores around here have it in stock unfortunately. :(
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 am

Was just reading an article about how the 3DS has now topped 10 million sales in North America, including about a half million sales in November alone (myself being one of them).

A Link Between worlds has already sold 405k copies... not too shabby for a handheld game.

Also saw some interesting comments from Nintendo that made it sound like a Retro Studios produced Metroid game for Wii-U could very well be on the table. Retro is working on another Donkey Kong Country game for Wii-U atm, but this apparently would not be a problem.

If that game happens, it will be time for me to make the jump. Retro + Metroid = awesome.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 pm

So what are the best 3ds games to shoot for?

Outside of the new Zelda, random Mario games, and a bunch of older DS games (Zelda, Final Fantasy) I don't know what to shoot for. I'd rather go off of actual user input instead of the "Top" list articles put out online.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:12 pm

the wicked child wrote:Was just reading an article about how the 3DS has now topped 10 million sales in North America, including about a half million sales in November alone (myself being one of them).

A Link Between worlds has already sold 405k copies... not too shabby for a handheld game.

Also saw some interesting comments from Nintendo that made it sound like a Retro Studios produced Metroid game for Wii-U could very well be on the table. Retro is working on another Donkey Kong Country game for Wii-U atm, but this apparently would not be a problem.

If that game happens, it will be time for me to make the jump. Retro + Metroid = awesome.

I'd be in as well.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR