Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I like the Smart Pistol and the Shotgun both a lot I just wish I could do better with them against the actual pilots. I am level 29 and have been playing for about 6 hours and have one pilot kill with the pistol. I do a lot better with the shotgun but so far the default gun with the ACOG and Suppressor is still my favorite. My biggest problem is not doing the wall running/hanging and double jumping and getting to the higher ground. I still play this too much like COD or Halo multiplayer to be really successful.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Loaf31 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:11 pm

What are the Pros and Cons of running the satellite through the XBone?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Spangler on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Anyone play Metal Gear Solid V:Ground Zeroes yet? I bought the digital version because it was the cheapest. I would recommend buying when there is a price drop, not because the game was just ok or bad, but because the main story is way way too short.

After finishing the main mission and listening to all the cassette tapes, the tone to Ground Zeroes is disturbingly brutal. Skull Face may be the most evil villain I've seen in a video game.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:01 pm

I heard it was under 2 hours in total length.. so I'm holding off. Can't justify paying 30$ for what was essentially a demo.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 pm

No David Hayter doing Snake's voice is tough for me to accept.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Is someone going to make an iRacing thread like stated in another topic or should this thread be the one to post info in?
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Someone at Eurogamer did a 10-minute speedrun of GZ. Coming on the heels of the heat we took for charging full price for Revengeance (est. 5-6 hrs), that is not exactly positive. At least GZ is only thirty bucks. :lol:

However, Kojima has been pretty forthright that this game features non-linear gameplay which should give it some replay value, and that it's really just a setup for Phantom Pain, which I think is still slated to come out later this year.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dodint on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Bioshock wrote:Is someone going to make an iRacing thread like stated in another topic or should this thread be the one to post info in?

I'm going to write it this weekend. Something slightly more elaborate than a roll call.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:53 pm

My entire iRacing experience (it was only a month), was basically:

1) Avoid accidents
2) Avoid accidents
3) Avoid accidents
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 pm

Excited for infamous second son tomorrow.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 pm

skullman80 wrote:Excited for infamous second son tomorrow.

I may get that as well, strange that its coming out on a Friday. There may be preloads coming out for Ps4 if you buy games digitally.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 pm

The side missions in Ground Zeroes makes the price a little more bearable now that I played more of it. You can also find cassette tapes in the main mission plus side missions that expand the story.

I'll admit GZ has good replay value. But still, other prologues had a more complete experience, and those were included with the full game.

For a final verdict, based on what I've played in GZ, The Phantom Pain is looking like it will be really good. I really like how the story has played out so far, even though it's really tough to stomach.

I wrote a review on GZ here:

http://reviewjunkies.com/2014/03/19/met ... nd-zeroes/
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 pm

dodint wrote:
Bioshock wrote:Is someone going to make an iRacing thread like stated in another topic or should this thread be the one to post info in?

I'm going to write it this weekend. Something slightly more elaborate than a roll call.

Alright, I will post the league I'm in for iracing as well. You're all welcome as we are currently recruiting.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
skullman80 wrote:Excited for infamous second son tomorrow.

I may get that as well, strange that its coming out on a Friday. There may be preloads coming out for Ps4 if you buy games digitally.

I rarely do digital. Like to have physical copy. Ill pick up my preorder tomorrow. Agree friday is weird release date but i think the last of us released on a friday too.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am

I noticed a few good Xbox 360 digital sales last night:

Max Payne 3 $5
Red Dead Redemption $7.50
LA Noire $7.5

I downloaded LA Noire - pretty excited to try it given the film influences.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:00 am

La Noire was pretty god, but it could have been wayyyy better. Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game out of those 3. I'd say Max Payne 3 is better than LA Noire too.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:05 am

I found that i didnt care about finishing LA Noire. So i didnt.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the errey i breathe on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:13 am

Recently got around to playing older 360 games I had never played. Just finished the first Mass Effect and it was pretty awesome. Just started ME2 but wondering if I should have changed my build. I was a soldier in the first one because I didn't know what biotic or tech would do, so I went with the known...guns. However as I played I found myself really relying on those tech skills. Unfortunately I just kept the soldier build but I think I might go back through ME1 and try infiltrator. My only issue is that I love those assault rifles and don't know if those are available as an infiltrator.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:06 pm

the errey i breathe wrote:Recently got around to playing older 360 games I had never played. Just finished the first Mass Effect and it was pretty awesome. Just started ME2 but wondering if I should have changed my build. I was a soldier in the first one because I didn't know what biotic or tech would do, so I went with the known...guns. However as I played I found myself really relying on those tech skills. Unfortunately I just kept the soldier build but I think I might go back through ME1 and try infiltrator. My only issue is that I love those assault rifles and don't know if those are available as an infiltrator.

I'm mostly positive they are available to every class. Cause I tried the same thing and they were always an added perk thing
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Infamous Second Son is quite awesome. Only got to play about 30 minutes. Taking the evil path my first playthrough. Game looks gorgeous.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:09 pm

the errey i breathe wrote:Recently got around to playing older 360 games I had never played. Just finished the first Mass Effect and it was pretty awesome. Just started ME2 but wondering if I should have changed my build. I was a soldier in the first one because I didn't know what biotic or tech would do, so I went with the known...guns. However as I played I found myself really relying on those tech skills. Unfortunately I just kept the soldier build but I think I might go back through ME1 and try infiltrator. My only issue is that I love those assault rifles and don't know if those are available as an infiltrator.

In Mass Effect 2 there's a point in the game where you can add an additional weapon class to your inventory or add a powerful version of an existing class.

As an infiltrator you have the choice of choosing the ability to carry a shotgun, assault rifle, or the super sniper rifle.

Soldier lets you choose between the super assault rifle, shotgun, or sniper rifle.

My favorite class in ME2 is the Vanguard. It's really fun biotic charging towards and enemy, and then shotgun blasting them to finished them off, especially with the Claymore shotgun you can upgrade to at the part I mentioned.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:12 pm

skullman80 wrote:La Noire was pretty god, but it could have been wayyyy better. Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game out of those 3. I'd say Max Payne 3 is better than LA Noire too.

I'm so bummed the studio went bust after releasing L.A. Noire. I felt it was a solid 4-star game, but you could also see where just a skosh more here or there would have put it over the top into the realm of instant classic.

The DLC was terrible. They were seriously like 10-minute cases, that didn't really tie into the game narrative in any real way.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Loaf31 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:25 pm

I unlocked the silencer for the shotgun last night on Titanfall....Can't wait to test it tonight
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Spangler wrote:

In Mass Effect 2 there's a point in the game where you can add an additional weapon class to your inventory or add a powerful version of an existing class.

As an infiltrator you have the choice of choosing the ability to carry a shotgun, assault rifle, or the super sniper rifle.

Soldier lets you choose between the super assault rifle, shotgun, or sniper rifle.

My favorite class in ME2 is the Vanguard. It's really fun biotic charging towards and enemy, and then shotgun blasting them to finished them off, especially with the Claymore shotgun you can upgrade to at the part I mentioned.

I never really learned how to properly utilize vanguard until online ME3. Its a shame, really.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I have an irrational video-game peeve. Ion engines are included in Kerbal Space Program, but they’re mostly useless. This type of engine is fantastically fuel-efficient, but they offer miniscule amounts of thrust. A change in delta-v that might take a burn of a minute or two for a chemical rocket engine might take a couple of hours for an ion engine. Some of the burns performed by real-life space probes using ion engines have lasted several days. But KSP can’t time accelerate when engines are throttled up, which means that if you want to use an ion engine you have to do so in real time. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR