Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby the wicked child on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Picked up Diablo 3 for PS3. Enjoying it so far.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Second Son has been acquired.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 am

Second Son is awesome. Put about 3 hours into it last night. It shows off the power of the PS4 for sure. Looks amazing. Plays great too which is the most important thing. I only dug a little into the main story, I've just been going around taking over territories. I'm going the evil route my first play through, so I just kill everything in site haha. Doesn't matter if you are a civilian or not... you die.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:47 am

Agreed it's an excellent game I'm going the good guy route it's tough for me to play a bad guy in games. I never played 2 so I got the limited edition that I guess has missions on it from between 2 and Second son so you can see the history
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:09 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Agreed it's an excellent game I'm going the good guy route it's tough for me to play a bad guy in games. I never played 2 so I got the limited edition that I guess has missions on it from between 2 and Second son so you can see the history

Yeah we are supposed to get some fill in missions. It downloaded some update yesterday when i installed the game so has to be something coming. I know i redemmed a code from inside the box too. Im the opposite of you lol i always go the evil route in games first... i dunno why maybe cause its the opposite of what id do in real life.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:27 pm

the wicked child wrote:Picked up Diablo 3 for PS3. Enjoying it so far.

:thumb: I also enjoyed it. Forget the character type I used, but it was the one that was good with a bow. Nice old school type game.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:20 pm

I started going through sleeping dogs again.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Just started Mass Effect 3. So far the game feels like it's on rails compared to the other two games. Also, everyone looks like they're on steroids...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Infamous Second Son keeps getting better and better. Put about 4 hours in over the last few nights, have barely even touched the story, have just been going around taking over districts. Only progressing when I need to.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:40 am

Replaying Dragon Age Origins for the 8th time. Hit the Fade in the Mages' Tower and instantly have been stuck here because it is without a doubt the worst part of the entire game.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:49 am

Those of you who played The Last Of Us will get this.....

Spoiler:

:shock:

What the eff, Vitamin Shoppe?!
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Has anyone heard of the GCW-zero? It's an open source, Linux based console...capable of playing all kinds of emulators and old PC games...for $150.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/?pfm=Search&t=gcw

Wi-Fi, expandable storage...might be a great way to play those old SNES/NES/GameCube games...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dodint on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Has anyone heard of the GCW-zero? It's an open source, Linux based console...capable of playing all kinds of emulators and old PC games...for $150.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/?pfm=Search&t=gcw

Wi-Fi, expandable storage...might be a great way to play those old SNES/NES/GameCube games...

The GCW-Zero does not come with any emulator software pre-installed.

Smart, it'll keep Nintendo from absolutely smiting them.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 pm

This GCW-Zero sounds fantastic...device to device connection for 3DS-like local play. Mini HDMI out, too...

http://www.gcw-zero.com/specifications

A whole list of supported emulators listed on their site too. I have an Apple II, NES, and Sega emulator for my various PCs, but I've never been crazy about using it for play those old games. A handheld device makes much more sense.
Spoiler:

Not able - at this point - to emulate an N64 or PlayStation, however.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 pm

Has anyone with a 360 set up their router for port forwarding? I've tried to do it on my own using the official site and portforward.com and i'm totally lost.

I've been having some lag issues while watching Game Center/HBO Go, as well as during some gaming. Not sure if it's due to the port forwarding thing, my internet just sucking, or Xbox Live in general.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby neophool on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:09 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Those of you who played The Last Of Us will get this.....

Spoiler:

:shock:

What the eff, Vitamin Shoppe?!

So that's how it all started....
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Finished up Normal difficulty with my Barbarian last night, decided to test out a Demon Hunter before I get into Nightmare at all. Was pleasantly surprised to find some nice gear in my stash that I was able to equip right off the bat. I think I will end up enjoying the DH, but man is it a different from playing the Barbarian.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spangler on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 pm

I've been playing Dark Souls 2 since it came out 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving every minute of it. Love exploring and finding new areas/items and there are plenty of places to go. Right when I think I'm reaching the end of the game, I run into a new area that branches off to another path.

I preordered the game so I got this sweet metal case with the soundtrack included.

Dark Souls 2 isn't for everyone, which is too bad because I really like to talk about it. The series is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 am

the wicked child wrote:Finished up Normal difficulty with my Barbarian last night, decided to test out a Demon Hunter before I get into Nightmare at all. Was pleasantly surprised to find some nice gear in my stash that I was able to equip right off the bat. I think I will end up enjoying the DH, but man is it a different from playing the Barbarian.

once you get a max level barb, the game is almost too easy. I had trouble with the demon hunter, because it's hard to stay at range in the later acts. Apparently, they have the most DPS potential of all the classes. I think i had the most fun with the monk, though. tons of fun AoE attacks, and cool animations.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 am

The Barbarian did seem too easy to me... there were very few times that I actually felt threatened. Some of the special enemy fights earlier in the game before I was powered up were probably the "worst". Those damn trees seemed to do an obnoxious amount of damage. Once I got rolling though, I seldom was even slightly concerned about dying.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 am

I might get D3 for the PS4 when it comes out. I will have to see how they plan to implement the AH, though. When I quit on the PC version it was when they were basically forcing people to purchase resist gear from the RMAH in order to be able to progress through Hell. That was appalling.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:35 am

I bought Final Fantasy VII on Steam a couple weekends ago. I haven't had much time to play it, but I made some good progress last night. That game really holds up. I'd love to find another turn-based combat RPG that is a bit modernized.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:36 am

I don't think there is an AH in the PS3 version, unless I missed something. I also believe the RMAH was shut down at some point in regards to the PC version.

I agree though... the AH crap and having to wait in line to play a single player game are among the reasons I never picked up the PC version even after I had a computer which could run it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:37 am

Kraftster wrote:I bought Final Fantasy VII on Steam a couple weekends ago. I haven't had much time to play it, but I made some good progress last night. That game really holds up. I'd love to find another turn-based combat RPG that is a bit modernized.

Fire Emblem?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 am

Meh, more like the FFVII time-based turn-based. Not like totally tactical. If I wanted that, I'd just play Heroes of Might and Magic. FFVII is great because you control three characters on timers so it is fast paced but not FP combat like Skyrim.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR