Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:08 pm

The improvement from the SNES Mortal Kombat 1 to Mortal Kombat 2 for a long time was thought of as the best overall improvement for a very long time. MK 2 for SNES blew MK 2 for Genesis away. I had a dream cast which I foolishly sold to my brother's friend when I was going to college and I also had MK 4 for it. Shortly thereafter, I found out you could pirate dreamcast games without any actual hardware and I was so into it that I attempted to buy the dreamcast back. That never worked out though and dreamcast was never heard of again.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm

OMG...... they are all so old..........! Yaphet Kotto looks like a vagrant.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Holy crap. Decided to just screw around in D3 for a bit with my Wizard... ended up finding Tal Rasha's amulet. Great amulet, even w/o the set bonus for being the 4th item in the set. Just need to find the Source now and it will be complete. :thumb:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Playing some games from by queue. Each Kerbal update always breaks a bunch of mods, so I'm going to wait a few weeks for everything to settle down to play it some more. I installed the DLC packs for Grand Theft Auto IV and have been playing The Lost and Damned. It's unusual in a GTA game for the player character to have his "own" vehicle. I'm used to just stealing any car I see, but I figure a biker would always want to be riding his own bike.

Also trying out Banished. It's an indie game that's like SimCity for a mediaeval village. It was created entirely by one developer.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:03 pm

So after finally finding that Amulet on Friday, the game proceeded to give me lesser versions each of the last 2 days as well. :lol:

Just ran the Fields of Misery 5 times trying to find the Decaying Crypt so I could maybe find that bastard yellow Enraged Phantom. Stats:

Found Decaying Crypt: 1/5
Found Rare Enraged Phantom: 0/1
Got Key of Destruction: 4/5

Obviously that last stat made it worth it. I also happened to reach paragon 22 in the process, but I was somewhere within the last "bar" when I started.

I was not actively seeking the keys, but now that I suddenly have 5 destruction and 3 terror, I am kinda tempted to take a shot at the Hellfire ring. Still not gonna focus on that per se, but if I happen to acquire the remaining keys, I'll at least give the portals a run and see what happens.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:36 pm

The Hellfire ring probably won't be any good for a character good enough to get one, unless you roll one with crit chance or IAS. However, they don't have a level cap, and feature an automatic exp boost, so you can equip it to a character you're in the process of leveling
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Yeah, in the event that I get one, I'd prob give it to the Crusader, or any other new character I start once the expansion hits.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 am

Played my first video game in probably 3-4 months this weekend. Was racing my nephews in Mario Kart Wii.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:55 pm

i downloaded minecraft for my iphone. wtf is this game
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i downloaded minecraft for my iphone. wtf is this game

I don't know, but my nephews play it 24/7.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Anybody double dipping or picking up the PS4 version of "The Last of Us" tomorrow?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Avyran on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Minecraft = Legos for PC / mobile / whatever. There's no real "end goal" (unless you want to travel to the other 2 realms). It's a survival game at the start, and then when you're pretty comfortable with it / know the routine, it's a sandbox game.

It's good for multiplayer because it's fun to build stuff together. You can also get pretty creative with it & build some ridiculous stuff, like below. If you dislike games that don't have end goals (MMOs, GTA without the story), it's probably not your style. But if you like just screwing around in a game / like to build or create stuff, it's fun.
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby viva la ben on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i downloaded minecraft for my iphone. wtf is this game

Digital Legos, the ios version also has infinite worlds, caves, villages, abandoned mines, and dungeons.
With the latest version it's more interesting to explore and find resources to build armor and stuff.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shyster on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Oh, man, Banished is a tremendous time vampire. If any of you like SimCity type games, pick this one up. It's interesting because at the core of the game, it more about managing your villagers than it is about managing the structures on the map. The game simulates a medieval type village. Your villagers (each one of which is given a randomized name) can have only one job, and they are a resource to be managed every bit as much as firewood and food. They have children, grow old, and die over time, and you need to make sure you have enough to manage all of the jobs you need. For example, two young adults will pair off, get married, and start having children, but they need an empty house to move into. People will stack up a live in houses if need be, but you don't get families that way. So if you don't have enough empty houses, you will find yourself with an aging, shrinking population that can't fill all the jobs that need to be done.

If anyone tries this game out (and it's only 20 bucks) I have a tip I learned the hard way. If your schoolteacher is getting up there in age, make sure you have a spare educated villager ready to step into that job if the teacher dies. If the teacher job isn't filled instantly, then all of the students in the school will immediately become uneducated laborers, and there's no way to put them back in school once that happens. Uneducated workers are much less efficient than educated workers, so you want everyone to learn their three Rs.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Super annoyed at Diablo. Just completed a run where not one, but two legendary set sources dropped... both the same... but decidedly NOT Tal Rasha's. That's just cruel. To rub salt in the wound, neither is good enough to replace my current source either.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Picked up The Last of Us for Ps4
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:19 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Picked up The Last of Us for Ps4

I am gonna pick it up on my way home. Excited to play through it a second time.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 pm

skullman80 wrote:

I am gonna pick it up on my way home. Excited to play through it a second time.

I never beat it for PS3:( with it being $50. I traded in 3 games and didn't have to pay anything. Can't wait to play.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Avyran on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:23 pm

Gonna be very late to the party, but how is NHL '14? The Dispersal Draft in NPR has caused me to want to do fantasy drafts in the game again, and I don't have any of the new generation so I figured 14'd be good enough. It's only $30, whereas '15 will be meant for the new consoles, not 360 (which I have).

Is it worth the pickup for $30, or should I just buy the new one?
Avyran
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Preordered Destiny for Ps4
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:23 pm

Speaking of The Last Of Us.....

Tal Peleg of Naughty Dog is doing a series of meme gifs of Joel reenacting existing memes.

"Banderas"
Spoiler:

"Nicholson"
Spoiler:

Mashup
Spoiler:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Loaf31 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:14 am

Picking it up on my way home tonight. taking advantage of the trade in deal for the PS3 copy.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:26 pm

I just bought the most expensive video game I ever bought. Clayfighter's Sculpters Cut for N64. GRRRRRR.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 am

BAD MR FROSTY
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:57 am

Home from vacation, picking of TLoU here in an hour. Specifically got the PS4 for this kind of game. Cant wait.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR