Current video game being played

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Current video game being played

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:02 pm

FYI: Strong rumor that NHL15 will not have EASHL on the next gen systems.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby dodint on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:32 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:FYI: Strong rumor that NHL15 will not have EASHL on the next gen systems.

Was mentioned here this morning as well. Any source?
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm

There was a supposed picture of the back cover that only said only 2-4 players on Xbox Live for XB1, whereas it says 2-16 players for 360
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:11 pm

dodint wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:FYI: Strong rumor that NHL15 will not have EASHL on the next gen systems.

Was mentioned here this morning as well. Any source?

I don't know how it got started, but basically someone questioned it, and gaming nerds have been pestering EA about it and haven't received a response. Today EA was supposed to have a twitch stream of the game and was cancelled for "technical difficulties" and rescheduled for launch day lol. Twitch. Any mouthbreathing fool can stream on twitch.

So people are up in arms and EA is not responding and this game is like 3 weeks away now. So either they have the worst PR department in history, or the rumor is indeed true.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:29 pm

I would love that since it likely means time was spent elsewhere. Might actually buy NHL.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:46 pm

One of my friends who works at a GameStop as a manager said his district manager played a demo of it a said it reminded him of the first 2k hockey for the Dreamcast. It looked real pretty but played like crap. But who knows how early on a demo build that was to really compare to the final product.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Spangler on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Have an annual installment game and take away a major feature of the game, giving customers less. Great idea. Fans will be happy about it.

**** EA.
Last edited by Spangler on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Put a decent amount of time into Diablo tonight... some with my Wizard in Act 5, some with a Crusader. The Hellfire Ring is paying immediate dividends. Between the huge bonuses to STR & VIT and the +35% experience, my Crusader is kicking some serious arse thus far.

It's going to take awhile to take in all of the changes/updates.... Paragon level points, Diamonds, the Mystic, skill changes... it goes on and on.

One of the things I'm really happy to see is the revamp of the difficulty system... seems experience and such increases with each difficulty level now instead of staying the same until Master 1... so you can start ratcheting up the difficulty earlier on new characters while being rewarded for doing so.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:47 am

Confirmed no EASHL or OTP or GM Connected or live the life in PS4/Xbox One versions of NHL 15.

http://www.operationsports.com/features ... interview/
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dodint on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:49 am

Yup.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

Spangler wrote:Have an annual installment game and take away a major feature of the game, giving customers less. Great idea. Fans will be happy about it.

**** EA.

EA has been on a roll lately. Sims 4 looks like a disaster. Teenagers are the same body models as the adults, no swimming pools, not allowing reviewers early access to the game... like these are 15 year old series staples and they are taking them out.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby skullman80 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 am

Sad thing is I'll probably still buy it cause I need a video game hockey fix. *sigh*
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the riddler on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 am

I'm pretty bummed about no GM connected mode. I was in a league that had a human GM for almost every team. It was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game. I don't know if it'll be there for future versions but I don't understand why they couldn't get it up and running for the PS4 version if HUT is in the game. Also I'm concerned that the offline Be a GM might not be full featured off the bat given some of the comments the producer made in an interview. I'm disappointed with the people who make NHL but I also understand that compared to other EA properties, they don't really have the same amount of resources.
the riddler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:14 pm

I wasn't going to buy BF: Hardline because it didn't interest me. Now with the increased media interest in militarized police forces, EA may have a tough time trying to sell it: http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/19/602908 ... ine-police
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby dodint on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

HUT is a revenue generator.
dodint
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Can anybody explain the difference between the $60 version and $70 version of NHL 15 to me?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

ajh2298 wrote:Can anybody explain the difference between the $60 version and $70 version of NHL 15 to me?

I think just more HUT packs over the course of the season.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:26 pm

skullman80 wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:Can anybody explain the difference between the $60 version and $70 version of NHL 15 to me?

Thanks is anybody doing anything as far as a pre-order bonus like Gamestop or Best Buy? It gets confusing when you look because of the extra content in the $70 version.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shyster on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Finished up The Lost and Damned DLC for GTA IV. I liked Johnny Klebitz as a protagonist much better than I liked Nico Bellic from the base game. It's also much faster to get around Liberty City on a motorcycle than in a car.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Spangler on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

ajh2298 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:

Thanks is anybody doing anything as far as a pre-order bonus like Gamestop or Best Buy? It gets confusing when you look because of the extra content in the $70 version.

I think it's just a standard extra $15 of content for HUT.

The yearly installment thing really bothers me in cases like this. If you are hardcore into HUT, you are restarting your progress every year. If you spend real money on packs, you are wasting your money imo.

I stopped playing Assassin's Creed multiplayer (which I really like) for this reason. I unlock all the good perks and abilities, and I have to start all over again the next year. Not to mention relearning the maps and what the characters look like.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:49 pm

One of the more unnerving changes in D3:UEE was the reworking of the stats display... Was previously damage, armor life. Now it's damage, toughness and healing... where toughness is essentially a calculated value of how much damage you can take from enemies before you die rather than a straight life number. This is actually pretty interesting and probably way more useful. And the last stat is your life regeneration per second.

I'm digging the Crusader thus far. Only have certain skills unlocked since I' m only on level 14, but I like what I have thus far. Also jumped up to the next difficulty already as it was too easy.

I'm playing through Act 5 on torment w/ my Wizard which is more of a challenge. This act has been kind of weird to me though. The whole first part of the game taking place in and around Westmarch felt kind of out of place in Diablo to me. Not used to running down city streets and such, even if it is a medieval style city. Now that I'm in the Blood Marsh it seems more in line with a typical Diablo setting.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 pm

I'll be getting Destiny over NHL this year. I'll get NHL 15 when it's discounted. I'm a huge fan of BE A GM and that was even announced that it had been stripped down to a basic foundation. Which honestly, I don't know how much more basic it got than previous years. It's awful
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Spangler wrote:Have an annual installment game and take away a major feature of the game, giving customers less. Great idea. Fans will be happy about it.

**** EA.

My guess is that they either had major bugs during EASHL testing, or they didn't believe that it was going to be good enough/on par with the previous years, so they scrapped it to work on it for next year.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Life Force (NES) available on Wii U eshop today. Basically the space ship version of contra, man do I love this game
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby neophool on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 am

Anyone else here play Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3ds?
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR