Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Fair point, but I normally just watch videos on my laptop. Pretty much specifically for the absence of ads.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:07 pm

im not allowed to install 3rd party software on my work computer.

of course, im not supposed to be on youtube either. lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dodint on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:00 pm

You must be in a union.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:55 pm

People who turn left out of the trader joes side entrance. Use the light you knuckle head. Penn avenue is busy and I don't want to wait behind you for five minutes while you grow a set
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mango Salsa on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 pm

That I have to remove the entire door panel to change the speakers in my car. Seriously, car makers, would it kill you to make the grille over the speaker removable so I dont have to dismantle half my car to get at it?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Crankshaft on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:02 pm

So there is a little shopping plaza next to my neighborhood. There is a pizza place, a dollar general and this small dive bar with crap food. No one is in this plaza right now other than a few cars. I'm parked along the fire lane because my wife is buying a bag of ice. I have a screaming baby on the car. Some dbag township cop decides to give me a hard time and tells me to move. My wife is literally walking out of the store. I was going to grab the bag of ice so she doesn't have to lift it.

JFC just drive along, buddy. Smug a hole.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Eismann on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Grill grates that are not stainless steel.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 pm

The USA Today website
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Sunscreen. Not that I don't enjoy being protected from the Sun's rays, but my god this stuff does not wash off.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Loudmouth freakin' youth sports parents.

Know what's worse than tolerating an opposing parent who really deserves a punch in the face? Having a d-bag parent on your own team you have to hear week, after week, after week. Fall soccer, 2 sessions indoor soccer, now spring soccer. If I was the coach we'd be having a conversation since the kid can't hear me over his d-bag dad.

Dude, your kid's not Beckham. Quit yelling at him like you think he is, but he's just not trying hard enough.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Parents who think their kids are generational sports talents are pretty damn annoying.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Guy's always yelling "YOU'RE THE FASTEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD, USE YOUR SPEED." If this kid is the fastest, it's not by a margin where it's obvious. So, while this statement is insulting to the rest of the players, it might be even more insulting to his own kid, because the implication is that he's just not trying.

I feel bad for the kid, it has to be embarrassing.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 pm

PghSkins wrote:Loudmouth freakin' youth sports parents.

Know what's worse than tolerating an opposing parent who really deserves a punch in the face? Having a d-bag parent on your own team you have to hear week, after week, after week. Fall soccer, 2 sessions indoor soccer, now spring soccer. If I was the coach we'd be having a conversation since the kid can't hear me over his d-bag dad.

Dude, your kid's not Beckham. Quit yelling at him like you think he is, but he's just not trying hard enough.

When my bro in law was coaching my niece's bball team there was a parent who was like that always yelling at his daughter about what she should do, so much so that she'd be looking in the stands to here dad to get instructions. She got benched, and she was told, I'm the coach you look to me for instructions. Her dad said something to my Bro in law about it and the parent was told, I'm the coach not you. if she's going to play she's going to follow my instructions. Parent grumbled a bit but in the long run he shut up.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm

stopper40 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Loudmouth freakin' youth sports parents.

When my bro in law was coaching my niece's bball team there was a parent who was like that always yelling at his daughter about what she should do, so much so that she'd be looking in the stands to here dad to get instructions. She got benched, and she was told, I'm the coach you look to me for instructions. Her dad said something to my Bro in law about it and the parent was told, I'm the coach not you. if she's going to play she's going to follow my instructions. Parent grumbled a bit but in the long run he shut up.

Apparently some youth sports leagues have adopted bylaws stating that you don't yell anything beyond just cheering from the sidelines. It's too bad it's come to that.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Skinny girls who say "Oh no I look so fat".

YOU'RE A BEANPOLE.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Skinny girls who say "Oh no I look so fat".

YOU'RE A BEANPOLE.

Don't play in to that. If a skinny girl ever says she's fat, just agree with her.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:23 pm

I only just heard it in passing with a group of girls going to what appears to be a Miley Cyrus concert. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:34 pm

newarenanow wrote:Me agreeing with slappy.

:fist:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Factorial on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Froggy wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Skinny girls who say "Oh no I look so fat".

YOU'RE A BEANPOLE.

Don't play in to that. If a skinny girl ever says she's fat, just agree with her.

:thumb:

Better advice doesn't exist.
Factorial
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PghSkins on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:39 am

Sirius XM single artist channels. Satellite has Pearl Jam, Springsteen, Grateful Dead, plus online has Neil Diamond and Pink Floyd... I don't mind the temporary ones like the Billy Joel one they are doing on Channel 4, but even though those are great artists for what they do (I'm not a huge fan of any of them), if you're a big fan you probably have most of their stuff anyway. Waste of bandwidth as far as I'm concerned.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am

People who play words you know there's no way they know, in Words With Friends.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 am

blackjack68 wrote:People who play words you know there's no way they know, in Words With Friends.

I quit playing because of this. It takes the fun out of the game.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:59 am

#bostonstrong
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 am

Our little league fields had stands only in the outfield, nothing on the first/third base lines. I approved.

In terms of pet peeves, when everyone on your street has a 2-car garage, plenty of driveway space... and people still park on the road. Worse - they park RIGHT BEHIND a driveway on the opposite side of the road, so that when that person backs out of their driveway - they have a surprise waiting for them on the road if they aren't careful.

My proposed change in law - if you are parked on a road that you should not be parked on - a collision is your fault.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dodint on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:15 am

PghSkins wrote:Sirius XM single artist channels. Satellite has Pearl Jam, Springsteen, Grateful Dead, plus online has Neil Diamond and Pink Floyd... I don't mind the temporary ones like the Billy Joel one they are doing on Channel 4, but even though those are great artists for what they do (I'm not a huge fan of any of them), if you're a big fan you probably have most of their stuff anyway. Waste of bandwidth as far as I'm concerned.

The counter to this is the Carlin channel. Since the Raw Dog channel is doing talk show stuff now and the other channels are riddled with commercials for credit problems and dating sites, I spend a lot of time on the Carlin channel. I'm a huge Carlin fan and they could use some more content but it's reliable as hell from an entertainment standpoint.
dodint
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR