Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Not irrational I guess but no bathrooms on SEPTA trains. Shouldn't have had that last beer.

Ouch. I have experienced this issue riding the Paoli-Thorndale line after a night out drinking in Philly. BRUTAL.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm

With a name like SEPTA, one would think a bathroom would be their pièce de résistance
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Do the windows open?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Made it to my stop without incident. Drove another 10 minutes to a Panera for dinner and used the bathroom there. And there are emergency windows but I didn't feel like spending the night in a Philly jail.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:24 am

Had to drive home for a viewing yesterday and traffic was backed up 3 miles before the squirrel hill tunnel because of a wreck on the other side of the road on Greensburg Pike...which is almost in Monroeville. 10 miles of rubbernecking caused me to be a half hour late, which in turn kept me in town until later than planned since I now had to late for the even viewing that was 3 hours later.

If the wreck isn't on your side of the road, there is no **** reason to slow down. Proceed at the normal speed as if there wasn't an accident.

(sorry, that was a rational rant. deal with it. 8-) )
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The trend on Facebook: "HEY, HERE ARE A PICTURE OF MY FEET, AND LOOK, THERE IS A BODY OF WATER BEHIND THEM!! AHHH, PARADISE."

Hot dog legs FTW!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby JS© on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I get the one pic at the beach, where that person is glad to finally be on vacation.

My favorite one is where they post 10 pics of the same thing and you end up trying to figure out what the difference between the pics are. In most cases, there isn't one. UPLOAD ALL THE PICS!!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shyster on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:13 pm

As one regular here would certainly agree, adding an egg to a cheesesteak, burger, and many sandwiches does nothing but vastly improve them. Why can't I get an egg on my Whopper, Single, or Quarter Pounder? All of those restaurants cook eggs all morning long for their breakfast menus, so it's not like they don't have the means.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 pm

when someone is doing something stupid to hold up a long line at a store, and then proceeds to apologize to the cashier (who doesn't give two craps) instead of the dozen people in line behind them.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:20 pm

At a 4 way red light. I'm making a right turn - second car in the line. The first car coming in the opposite direction wants to turn to his left (the same direction as I am going), guns it when the light turns green and cuts in front of our first car. I catch a glimpse of him, he's on his cell phone. He then goes 40 mph the entire way, slowing myself and the 4 or 5 cars behind me. You almost have to try to be that much of an *******.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Yeah....if you blaze out to get into a lane or something then act like you are in the hurry you seem to be. Don't gun it and then sit back at 5 under the speed limit. I expect some further reckless driving on your part...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 60sixx on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am

Sooooooo anyway.....

People that take forever to get out of an elevator while you're waiting to get on. The doors open and everyone stands there. They finally mozy off just in time for me to try to get in while the doors are shutting on me. RAGE. This happens to me weekly.

Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 am

60sixx wrote:Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.

If it is a stop sign or a red light, I'll do it because that's the law and I don't want to get a ticket.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 60sixx on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
60sixx wrote:Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.

If it is a stop sign or a red light, I'll do it because that's the law and I don't want to get a ticket.

No, this is just people making a generic right turn---no light, no stop sign, just turning.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:37 am

60sixx wrote:Sooooooo anyway.....

People that take forever to get out of an elevator while you're waiting to get on. The doors open and everyone stands there. They finally mozy off just in time for me to try to get in while the doors are shutting on me. RAGE. This happens to me weekly.

Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.

This happens to me at least 20+ times a day. I work at AGH in the materials management and my primary job is to pull stock from the shelves in the warehouse and take it up to the nurses and the doctors on the floors. So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

ajh2298 wrote:So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.

Oh God. As someone that has this weird thing about being in the elevator with someone else (forced awkward conversation, weird silence, etc) and will actually pretend I'm on my phone if I see someone else getting in one on the ground floor to go up, this frightens me.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

60sixx wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:

No, this is just people making a generic right turn---no light, no stop sign, just turning.

If I'm being tailgated, I'll slow down my right turns in an excruciatingly slow fashion. It's wonderful.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.

Oh God. As someone that has this weird thing about being in the elevator with someone else (forced awkward conversation, weird silence, etc) and will actually pretend I'm on my phone if I see someone else getting in one on the ground floor to go up, this frightens me.

Headphones.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 am

If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 am

Idoit40fans wrote:If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.

But only if there's no one behind the tailgater, right?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:I had to laugh, the last time that individual trolled me (in the games thread), I laughed it off and made a joke about being the first to be killed on 'day zero'.

point of information: i didnt troll you. i dont care for your antics and didnt want you to be a part of the game i was moderating. i didnt make a scene about it. you're not entitled to play because you signed up. i did it in a non-confrontational, mature way. suck it up, sister.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 am

shmenguin wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.

But only if there's no one behind the tailgater, right?

yeah, this is a rule I stick pretty closely to. If someone is tailgating me, I will go well below the speed limit until they back off. Now if there's a line of cars behind them, I'll just go the speed limit, and brake check him/her a few times.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 am

I average around 3500 miles of business mileage a month. In my observation tailgating is the least worrisome thing I see on the highway.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby viva la ben on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 am

Sunday drivers in the left lane, and people constantly changing lanes in traffic are maddening.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR