Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am

shmenguin wrote:
Jim wrote:Children... and old people...


The sound of my daughter's laughter is an immaculate symphony. The sound of any othe kids laughing is nails on a chalkboard. Shut yer yap already, junior.


Nice!
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,947
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:57 pm

What's up with the race to be "first" on social media? I checked out the new instagram pic the Penguins just put up and the first message was 'first like!'.

Dude, really? Why would anyone care?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,595
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby meow on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Crankshaft wrote:What's up with the race to be "first" on social media? I checked out the new instagram pic the Penguins just put up and the first message was 'first like!'.

Dude, really? Why would anyone care?

first quote!
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,051
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby JS© on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:04 pm

"first" started a few years ago, but doesn't mean the annoying level has decreased at all. In fact, I might be more annoyed that people still do it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,803
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Eismann on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:31 pm

Web page loads, begin reading content, start hearing loud annoying commercial, search page to turn off vid clip.

i'm not consuming your digital content, guilty sites. Your annoying ads - the equivalent of talking loud in my ear - are detracting from your brand and discouraging me from returning.

Poo-heads.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,896
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: de minimus

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby JS© on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:01 am

There are sites that I now avoid of that reason. ESPN.com, Weather.com, CNN.com, and even any site associated with NHL.com.

If I wanted to see/hear your video clip, I would have hit the **** play button.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,803
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Eismann on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 am

JS© wrote:There are sites that I now avoid of that reason. ESPN.com, Weather.com, CNN.com, and even any site associated with NHL.com.

If I wanted to see/hear your video clip, I would have hit the **** play button.


ESPN is the worst/most disappointing. I like the site overall, and the articles are good, but I find myself clicking them less and less because I know I'm going to get assaulted by a talking head(s) that in and of him/herself is annoying. There are so few live humans on ESPN that I can stand these days.

/grizzled
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,896
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: de minimus

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:40 am

People who take their plates and put them on the floor for the dog to finish.
Look, I know that you wash them afterwards but how difficult is to scrape the food off in the dogs bowl instead of putting the plate on the floor?
I hate eating at those folks homes after watching that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am

People who post something on FB and end it with "NO COMMENTS! ALL COMMENTS, ESPECIALLY SMART *** ONES WILL BE DELTED!"

Then why did you post it on a public forum?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,143
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:35 am

Because people want to have their opinions, and share them, but not have them condescended.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,328
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby PghSkins on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

GSdrums87 wrote:Because people want to have their opinions, and share them, but not have them condescended.


That's idiotic. :pop:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,830
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:28 am

GSdrums87 wrote:Because people want to have their opinions, and share them, but not have them condescended.


Then don't post it on a public forum where comments are common and easily made.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,143
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby GSdrums87 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:36 am

Agreed. People taking offense to ANYTHING is just whining in my book. Boohoo.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,328
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Jim on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 am

That is why MM stopped posting here years ago. He couldn't hang up on people that he disagreed with nor stop them from replying. Therefore, people were able to relatively easily counter his opinions... so he stopped posting.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,947
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby meow on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:59 am

I like the, "I'm going to post something and if you don't like it, go ahead and remove me" crowd.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,051
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't really deal with that crowd any more. I take their advice.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,615
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 pm

I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,700
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.


I feel like that for any social media platform. Why have the profile if you're going to block people for petty reasons.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,595
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Crankshaft wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.


I feel like that for any social media platform. Why have the profile if you're going to block people for petty reasons.


It should be. To me it seems that there are a lot of media types on Twitter that will block others for simply disagreeing with their point of view. *cough* Dejan *cough*
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,700
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.


I feel like that for any social media platform. Why have the profile if you're going to block people for petty reasons.


It should be. To me it seems that there are a lot of media types on Twitter that will block others for simply disagreeing with their point of view. *cough* Dejan *cough*


If you want to get after Dejan. He posts all his articles on all the related Pittsburgh sub-reddits. He usually posts there, too.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,595
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:50 pm

No thanks. I'm not blocked by Dejan and I'm not one to harrass someone because I disagree with their opinion. I also have no idea what a sub-reddit is.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,700
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby newarenanow on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:37 pm

My boss has literally went through 7 pieces of gum in the last 25 minutes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I feel like you have to be really thin skinned to block someone on twitter unless that person is spamming you, making threats, or being very vulgur.


Is there a way to hide someones post yet still follow them? I haven't found it. I have a friend, and he's a great guy but he literally started watching hockey, not the Pens, hockey 2 years ago and tweets like crazy during games like he's Pens fan numero uno. I just couldn't take it so stopped following him last years playoffs. He tried to DM me some info on a hockey league this year and called me on not following him lol. I just want to follow him but block his tweets.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,202
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby eddysnake on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

newarenanow wrote:My boss has literally went through 7 pieces of gum in the last 25 minutes. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.


bazooka?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,446
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Postby JS© on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:23 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:People who take their plates and put them on the floor for the dog to finish.
Look, I know that you wash them afterwards but how difficult is to scrape the food off in the dogs bowl instead of putting the plate on the floor?
I hate eating at those folks homes after watching that.


My ex used to do that and it drove me insane. After a few times of telling her that it's disgusting and her response of "what, you don't think I wash my dishes?", I usually ate or picked up something on the way to her place. After awhile she caught on and although it was far from the reason we broke up, it definitely got the ball rolling in that direction.

Coincidentally, today was the first time I heard from that ex in about a year or so. Weird email saying she moved closer to my old hometown and that I need to stop by sometime when I'm in town. Nah, no thanks. That door doesn't need opened again.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,803
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OutofFoil and 11 guests


e-mail