U.S.A U.S.A. U.S.A.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

U.S.A U.S.A. U.S.A.

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:30 am

As i pondered last evening in the grocery store on what brew to buy i decided to go with miller light... its American... because all day today I will be celebrating the wonderful game of soccer (FUTBOL) in our native land of the good ol' U S of A....

Hope you all didnt get stuck at work... I will be at TGIF Fridays so I dont have to get up for beer and not watch the game through static... basic cable sucks!

Go USA! :D
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:40 am

I win either way since I have three Czechs on my fantasy team. :P
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaucho on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am

Let me gues: Rosicky, Cech and... hm... Nedved? Jankulovski? Say it ain't Milan Baros...
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Admin on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 am

Gaucho wrote:Let me gues: Rosicky, Cech and... hm... Nedved? Jankulovski? Say it ain't Milan Baros...

Yes, Rosicky, Cech and Nedved. :wink:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jmh470 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:33 am

USA playing a 4-5-1 = loss.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby conforto45 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:40 am

olay olay olay olay... olay... olay...
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rocco on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:01 pm

Boy, that went well...

Please tell me Arena recreated the "I want you to be a soccer player!" scene from "Miracle" during the intermission of the Sweden game? Yikes.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:02 pm

If Eddie Lewis is playing left back, someone might want to tell him that.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby fourtKNOX on Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:31 pm

Well as above i didnt like the 4-5-1 out the gates look... to me every person on this planet thought that czech was better then the U.S.

to me as a manager you have to instil in your guys that you are just as good as them if not better.... starting with one forward is telling your team... they are superior to us... and we need to make measure to keep it close... guess what... didnt happen...

also if you go with one forward you can not go with brian mcbride... although i am a mcbride fan he is great in the air and can finish... he is not a high energy player such as lets see a 22 year old... thats very fast... can finish... and fears nobody... no not me guys... eddie johnson...

also i believe donovan did let down until the game was out of reach... needed to get him the play more... beasely shouldnt see the sun in germany again... touch is horrible, and he is always afraid of being hit, touched, or even ran by... yes he is quick guess what... you need more then that at this level....

unfortunately i believe that pope's days are far behind him... not the determined, stud that he used to be... yes koller has 6 inches on you... but pope was 3 or 4 yards infront of him... if you go up next to him odds are that the ref calls it against koller because his arms are at popes shoulder level (looks as though your pushing off)

def not kellers best performance... i believe he had an oppurtunity to challenge on the third goal, but certainly can not blame

well we must beat italia now... and i dont like those odds... at this pt... we could go 0-3 which is not good for soccer in america!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bse on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:28 pm

I hope they will change the way they determine FIFA rankings some day. Those rankings don't make sense at all since some teams gain ranks by playing against inferior competition in their respective continents. Eg. Mexico is ranked 4th and USA 5th whereas much better teams hardly make the top 20 if that. For the record, EGYPT is 17th and for example, Germany is ranked 19th. I have heard they will undergone some changes after World Cup 2006 though so perhaps there's hope.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/ ... 06,00.html

Btw. How old is Kasey Keller? I remember him pairing with Tony Meola in 1990 world cup... don't think there are too many if any players in Germany now who took part in that...
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Btw. How old is Kasey Keller? I remember him pairing with Tony Meola in 1990 world cup... don't think there are too many if any players in Germany now who took part in that...

pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR