Big Ben Gets Clocked

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Big Ben Gets Clocked

Postby CT Mechanic on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:50 pm

I know the thread has already been made, I just had to put that headline out there. Maybe the PG will pick it up for tomorrow...
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Big Ben Gets Clocked

Postby ville5 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:54 pm

CT Mechanic wrote:I know the thread has already been made, I just had to put that headline out there. Maybe the PG will pick it up for tomorrow...

62 year old granny does what NFL defenses couldn't. :twisted:
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:29 am

good one.

I was just thinking that if it were Crosby (heavan forbid) Steeler fans would probably be laughing about it.
NIN

Postby Pitts on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:15 am

NIN wrote:good one.

I was just thinking that if it were Crosby (heavan forbid) Steeler fans would probably be laughing about it.

No, they wouldn't recognize the name.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:56 pm

ville5 wrote:
CT Mechanic wrote:I know the thread has already been made, I just had to put that headline out there. Maybe the PG will pick it up for tomorrow...

Coincidence ... I don’t think so!
:P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:02 pm

NIN wrote:good one.

You mean the same Steelers fans that chanted "Mario" at Rendell at the Steeler rally? Yeah, they sure hate the Pens.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:08 pm

Ummm...there are many Steeler fans who happen to be Penguin fans. I for one have season tickets for both organizations. I have seen Steeler fans sport penguin gear at Heinz Field and I have seen Penguin fans sport Steeler gear at Mellon Arena.

Rocco.......excellent point.
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:29 pm

People that are Steelers fans and knock on the Pens are jagoffs, and Pens fans that knock on the Steelers are jagoffs as well. Congrats on being a jagoff!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ville5 on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:53 pm

penny lane wrote:
ville5 wrote:

Coincidence ... I don’t think so!
:P

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Roethlisberger issues statement Thursday, June 15, 2006
Ben Roethlisberger was released from Mercy Hospital shortly before midnight on Thursday, less than three full days after being transported there by paramedics after a motorcycle accident.

Now continuing his recuperation at home with his family at his side, Roethlisberger issued the following statement:

'In the past few days, I have gained new perspective on life. By the grace of God, I am fortunate to be alive, surrounded by loved ones and lifted by the prayers and support of so many. I am sorry for any anxiety and concern my actions have caused others, specifically my family, the Steelers organization, my teammates and our fans.

'I recognize that I have a responsibility to safeguard my health in the offseason so I can continue to lead our team effectively. I never meant any harm to others nor to break any laws. I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me. If I ever ride again, it certainly will be with a helmet.

'My deepest appreciation goes out to the Steelers organization and my teammates for the compassion they have shown me. The physicians and support staff at Mercy Hospital were simply amazing, and I will forever be grateful for their caring treatment.

'I want to assure everyone I am committed to a complete and timely recovery. I look forward to being at training camp in Latrobe and to winning football games this season.'

http://media3.steelers.com/article/65307/
PittsburghSportsFan

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:53 pm

Hopefully after his statement, some of these idiots who never made idiotic decisions while being in their early 20's will finally let up on the kid a bit. I doubt it though. When you lack a life you feel the need to bash on somebody elses. :roll:
PittsburghSportsFan

Return to NHR