Big Ben the next Kevin Stevens?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Big Ben the next Kevin Stevens?

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:17 am

1. I'm happy that Big Ben seems to be okay.

2. I'm surprised I haven't seen any "thinning the herd" posts about the accident.

3. I'm wondering: Even though it wasn't a game-related injury, does anyone think a serious injury like this will affect Ben's play like Kevin Steven's facial reconstruction affected Steven's play?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,189
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Postby PittsburghSportsFan on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:28 am

No. Kevin Steven's injury occured while on the job. Ben's accident occured away from the playing field and he will be fine mentally in my opinion. Kid is tough. If it occured on the field (Carson Palmer), then I would be concerned with happy feet in the pocket.

If anything, his physical problems are what concern me. Knees and the concussion in particular.
PittsburghSportsFan
 

Postby DelPen on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 am

PittsburghSportsFan wrote:No. Kevin Steven's injury occured while on the job. Ben's accident occured away from the playing field and he will be fine mentally in my opinion. Kid is tough. If it occured on the field (Carson Palmer), then I would be concerned with happy feet in the pocket.

If anything, his physical problems are what concern me. Knees and the concussion in particular.


I agree. He might be a little aprhensive towards motorcycles but that's a good thing. With Stevens, there was always a chance he could do the same thing again and he could never play confident again.

With Ben, unless somoene punches him there's not a real good chance he could get his teeth, jaw and nose broken on the field.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,525
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Big Ben the next Kevin Stevens?

Postby netwolf on Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 am

Tico Rick wrote:2. I'm surprised I haven't seen any "thinning the herd" posts about the accident.


That's because Jim made his comments in the Big Ben thread instead of making a new one. He didn't miss out. :D
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,349
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Pitts on Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:17 pm

DelPen wrote:With Ben, unless somoene punches him there's not a real good chance he could get his teeth, jaw and nose broken on the field.

I suppose that would be because he HAS to wear a helmet!!!! :shock:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,556
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Not even close

Postby Max Power on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:55 am

Ben is 100 times the athelete that Stevens was. His Ego alone will defete this crash set back. Ben will come back perhaps even stronger, while Keven Stevens was never the same, ever again. Steven's face plant was a life altering event. It not only set him back career wise, but it also was what likely set him off on the path of distruction. KS began to make bad choices. Choices that made him a different person and player. Ben is on another spectrum entirely.
Max Power
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 12:12 pm
Location: Sebeka Minnesota

Postby bh on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:38 am

Big Ben will be fine and the accident will hopefully make him give up the bike for a while but i doubt it. He is Superman you know. :wink:
I heard something about him driving without a lisense? is that true?
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,497
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:48 am

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:50 am

I don't see it happening, but let's keep Big Head out of East St. Louis, just in case.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,789
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:00 pm

bh wrote:Big Ben will be fine and the accident will hopefully make him give up the bike for a while but i doubt it. He is Superman you know. :wink:
I heard something about him driving without a lisense? is that true?


The paper was saying that he had no motorcycle license, that his permit expired in March. This not only makes it illegal for him to drive a motorcycle, but illegal for him not to have a helmet as well. The article is in the Tribune and PG.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,109
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Big Ben the next Kevin Stevens?

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:12 pm

netwolf wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:2. I'm surprised I haven't seen any "thinning the herd" posts about the accident.


That's because Jim made his comments in the Big Ben thread instead of making a new one. He didn't miss out. :D


I suppose it was a mild thinning the herd comment. A few people I said it to here at work were surprised by the gruffness of my comment.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,611
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Big Ben the next Kevin Stevens?

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:06 pm

Jim wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:2. I'm surprised I haven't seen any "thinning the herd" posts about the accident.


That's because Jim made his comments in the Big Ben thread instead of making a new one. He didn't miss out. :D


I suppose it was a mild thinning the herd comment. A few people I said it to here at work were surprised by the gruffness of my comment.


Why change the thinning of the herd qualifier just because the person is a celebrity?
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,109
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Dallas


Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rocco, Shyster and 7 guests

e-mail