Baros update

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Baros update

Postby Tomas on Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:52 pm

Fulfilling a special demand of big RJ :)

- went for MRI to Duisburg, which confirmed a several milimeter long tear in his foot tendon
- said Dr. Krejci, the team physician: "For ordinary people, it's a 6-8 week long treatment, but we are at the WC. We try to shorten the treatment, but we do not want to damage the player's health. We will try some other things, undergo some additional examinations, and we will know more by the evening. The final decision will be made on Monday.... [Baros] sees that things don't go smoothly, he is getting more nervous, disappointed, he is affraid of what would happen in the next days. His psyche is affected by it."

So, since Koller and Baros are currently injured, and Smicer did not even make it to Germany due to his injury, the likely starters for the Saturday's game against Ghana will be Lokvenc (rather invisible after substituting for Koller on Monday) and ??? (Stajner?, Heinz?, Sionko?...)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rocco on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:10 pm

So what you're saying is, things are so dire up front that you could make the Czech team as a striker? :)
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:11 pm

Melichar? Straka?

Not good for the Czechs. Probably not good for the US as well.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:46 pm

Well, Melichar is the greatest defenseman ever- he can do anything he wants.

Really, the US is a lost cause at this point. It's not so much that they lost, but that they got killed in the process. They need to schedule more of the big boys between now and 2010 so they're used to playing talented teams, and find a backline at some point.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Admin on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Rocco wrote:They need to schedule more of the big boys between now and 2010 so they're used to playing talented teams, and find a backline at some point.

I blame MLS.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tomas on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:06 pm

Rocco wrote:So what you're saying is, things are so dire up front that you could make the Czech team as a striker? :)

Well, since this is how The Guardian characterizes Dino Koller:

"Koller's movement is not unlike that of a giraffe - economical and restrained, drifting between the five yards separating the centre-backs, grazing until such time as he is called upon. But when the ball is played into him, one of football's great lollopers becomes alive. Chest, head, feet, it does not matter - he is the Czech Wonderwall, smartly controlling and laying off to Rosicky, Pavel Nedved and Karel Poborsky to create magic."

...I am a little affraid what they would write about my 6'2 1/2'', 230+ lbs. frame with an acceleration of a steamroller! Probably the phrase "Czech Wondertree" would be included :lol:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tomas on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:51 am

Baros: I'll be ready to play against Italy

http://fotbal.idnes.cz/na-italii-budu-p ... l-2006_ber

(though the leg is still not 100% healed)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Admin on Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:54 am

Tomas wrote:Baros: I'll be ready to play against Italy

(though the leg is still not 100% healed)

I need 2 Group E ties on Thursday for Fantasy purposes. ;)
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tomas on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:37 pm

Admin wrote:
I need 2 Group E ties on Thursday for Fantasy purposes. ;)

I think you have a chance for at least one:
http://fotbal.idnes.cz/cannavaro-prisel ... l-2006_rou

Cannavaro: It's time for "cynical football".

(His quote: We need to start being cynical Italians. The sacret of long staying in the tournament rests on rediscovery of the typical defensive approach , which has it's place in Italian football culture.)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to NHR