I need positive thoughts & prayers...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

I need positive thoughts & prayers...

Postby Ginger on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:01 pm

Hey all;
I haven't been around lately 'cuz we're in the middle of another big move & I'm sure you all know what that's like.

But this weekend was something else. We were looking for a baby.

She lives four houses away from us just around the corner. Greg & I spent all weekend with the police combing the neighborhood & then into the desert with the 4x4, but with temps to 106 degrees, her chances would be slim there. Also, we have 30 known sex offenders living here in our community so one of them may have her. One of them also lives on her street!
:cry:
Which ever it is, please people! She needs everyones thoughts to be positive & for those of you who use prayer, that would be so appreciated.
This is the latest news...not good either.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5030656

I don't think I'm going to be sad to say good-bye to Vegas!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with her. She's so cute...Tragic.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mad City Mike on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:21 pm

That is just horrible. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her loved ones.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:31 pm

That is terrible. I hate when things like this happen to innocent children. Is there any word on why the foster family is no longer cooperating with the police?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bowser on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:33 pm

How can people harm a child.... I just don't get it.

I look at my son and can't understand how anyone could do that.

all children should have prayers considering the amount of horrible parents and people we have in society.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ginger on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:43 pm

Pitts wrote:That is terrible. I hate when things like this happen to innocent children. Is there any word on why the foster family is no longer cooperating with the police?

No, & this has everyone baffled! They were more than co-operative in the beginning, but there were also little flaws in some of what they said too. They didn't report her missing for almost four hours after they became aware she was gone. :?: That we knew right away, but everyone made allowances for them thinking they were feeling bad because she wasn't their child.

But the other thing that most neighbors found hard to believe was that these homes (including theirs) are all built by the same builder & all have the same door hardware...deadlocks included. The foster parents said that Everlyse must have pushed her little chair up to the door & unlocked it. I can tell you for certain that if she could stand on a chair & twist that deadlock lever with tiny fingers, then she's much stronger than I am!

So we thought maybe guilt at leaving the door unlocked or open. But that still doesn't wash. Anyone in this neighborhood seeing a baby wandering around would immediately take her in & report it.
There's more to this & I'm hoping the police can nail it fast!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:49 pm

The foster parents said that Everlyse must have pushed her little chair up to the door & unlocked it. I can tell you for certain that if she could stand on a chair & twist that deadlock lever with tiny fingers, then she's much stronger than I am!

Yeah, that's not really believable.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ginger on Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:48 pm

Bowser wrote:How can people harm a child.... I just don't get it.

I look at my son and can't understand how anyone could do that.

all children should have prayers considering the amount of horrible parents and people we have in society.

Bowser; I'm not a praying person, but I am so scared now that Everlyse has fallen victim to Nevada's welcoming sex offenders.

There was a big cry went up from the citizens just as we were first moving here a year & a half ago. Nevada sent out a message saying that sex offenders would not be harrassed in Nevada. Well, the ones that were here must have felt very good about that, but new ones started arriving in droves.

You figure, we're a community of approx 600 homes & have 30 registered offenders here? Think of the percentage? And think of how many that aren't registered?
And think about the fact that this is just one small community north of Las Vegas proper!

I don't like to go out at night & right now I'm living by myself with these guys in the neighborhood.
Tho' there are a lot of things I enjoyed here, I'll be glad to move!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Update....

Postby Ginger on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:58 am

It's becoming more & more evident that this is a case of a system letting down a little baby. The foster parents are starting to look pretty bad & people who knew did nothing. I want to throw up!

And watching the news tonight while they show the house she lived in sent chills down my spine because their house is idential to ours. It just made me feel 'unclean' somehow. Weird huh? Follow this link & click on the heading at the left "Strange Noises Heard The Night The Girl Vanished"
It sounds bad.

Their house -

My house -

Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

That's a very sad story

Postby rasbatch on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:52 am

I will definitely say a prayer for her. I had some conflict with my neighbor this morning that had me very upset, until I read this story, suddenly my little thing does seem very significant. I hope this turns out well.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: That's a very sad story

Postby Ginger on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:39 am

rasbatch wrote:I will definitely say a prayer for her. I had some conflict with my neighbor this morning that had me very upset, until I read this story, suddenly my little thing does seem very significant. I hope this turns out well.

I know that feeling well. Sure does bring it home what is important & what isn't, doesn't it?

As long as there are posters here who care about it, I'll update when I can. The media is losing interest tho' so I have to rely on the neighborhood for news.
But what should we expect? Everlyse isn't Paris Hiltons dog. :?
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:42 am

Ginger wrote:The media is losing interest tho' so I have to rely on the neighborhood for news.

Perhaps they should have someone color her hair blonde and eyes blue on her photo. I'm sure it would make CNN's front page then.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby rasbatch on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Ginger wrote:
rasbatch wrote:I will definitely say a prayer for her. I had some conflict with my neighbor this morning that had me very upset, until I read this story, suddenly my little thing does seem very significant. I hope this turns out well.

I know that feeling well. Sure does bring it home what is important & what isn't, doesn't it?

As long as there are posters here who care about it, I'll update when I can. The media is losing interest tho' so I have to rely on the neighborhood for news.

oops, obviously I meant my thing doesn't seem significant. I think you probably knew what I meant.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ginger on Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:40 pm

rasbatch wrote:
oops, obviously I meant my thing doesn't seem significant. I think you probably knew what I meant.

Yeah, being a master of typo, I got yer drift. :)

I'm bringing you up to speed on the latest & it's getting bad.

The search for missing toddler turns to a criminal investigation

The search for two year old Everlyse Cabrera has shifted toward a criminal investigation. Her foster parents say she let herself out, but investigators are taking a closer look at what may have happened in the house before she disappeared.

They're looking at all different angles, including whether this girl actually let herself out, if she disappeared four days ago or if she could have gone missing much earlier than that.

Experts in missing children are getting involved. Police are hoping they get a break in this case soon. "

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5018184

I could never, from the very beginning, buy into this little girl unlocking the door. I know from our own lock just how hard that lever is to turn & this one part of their statement didn't sit well with me.
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Admin on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:29 am

This whole situation is just so sad. God bless Everlyse.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ginger on Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Admin wrote:This whole situation is just so sad. God bless Everlyse.

God bless her & god change the system!

This Everlyse affair is getting worse by the hour. Last night, neighbors
were picketing the house & throwing things at it. The police showed up &
people turned on them as well. They want to know, as do I, why a foster
family can just refuse to co-operate with the authorities & get away with
it!! How the police can just walk up to a door, get no answer to their knock & then walk away???

Not only that...& here's where it gets REALLY BAD; this family had a child
under their care last year & the child ended up in hospital with third
degree burns over both legs & one arm!!! Yet the system placed Everlyse & her 11 month old baby brother into these peoples care????

This is bothering me as much as anything else now! Sanctimonious people who in this case may be responsible for a baby being dead!

Sure, Everlyses parents were struggling! They live in California & her daddy lost his job. They have two children & another going to be born in July. They were in trouble & needing help! Child services in their infinity wisdom (sic) decide the children need to be taken away from them & placed in foster care. Without ever bothering to check the house they were being placed into or the people that would be *taking care of them*!

My question is, if child services REALLY cared about these children, then
why not help the family to better care for them???? Those parents loved
those children & now they've lost one for sure; maybe two!

Sorry for the rant...better here I guess than around the corner with everybody else!
Ginger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NHR