All of us are cowards...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

All of us are cowards...

Postby netwolf on Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:59 pm

...who hide behind [our] keyboards and write things [we] would never have the courage to say aloud in public. So says Dr. Paul Friday in this PG article.

I have no doubt that some of what he says is true, but to level comments like that upon an entire segment of the populace seem ridiculous to me. Maybe that's because my brain never fully developed.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks a story on garbage message board posts like the ones quote in the article are a complete waste of time? How does that crap ever get in the paper? I'll bet the majority of that junk was posted by people who don't even believe it and are either grossly exaggerating for effect, trying to get a rise out of someone, or both.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ron` on Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Every board has its childishness. Sad thing is many of these types of posters would say the same asinine things in public and scream if somebody made them eat their words literally.

Biggest problem I have with the whole Ben scenerio is that is being reported on NFL radio that he has no license or permit to operate a motorcycle. One can only assume then that he had no insurance either. Then even further question if the bike was even registered/licensed in his name. Try that Mr. John Q Public and see the fines that result.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: All of us are cowards...

Postby penny lane on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:10 am

netwolf wrote:...who hide behind [our] keyboards and write things [we] would never have the courage to say aloud in public. So says Dr. Paul Friday in this PG article.

I have no doubt that some of what he says is true, but to level comments like that upon an entire segment of the populace seem ridiculous to me. Maybe that's because my brain never fully developed.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks a story on garbage message board posts like the ones quote in the article are a complete waste of time? How does that crap ever get in the paper? I'll bet the majority of that junk was posted by people who don't even believe it and are either grossly exaggerating for effect, trying to get a rise out of someone, or both.

Just another easy stereotype . There is something to the "gang"
mentality. Relatively adjusted people but as fans or in a group
they feed off of each other. Explains snowball incidents at giants
stadium, riots in state college during summer break...in political
rallys. Of course a person's alcohol intake plays a part too. :wink:
Anything I say about the Leafs & Flyers teams/players/fans,
I would say to them face to face.

this whole Ben Roethlisberger accident just goes beyond the logical.
Does any one really feel they deserved to hear an apology from Ben?
Ben and his family has the most to lose. Ben's statement provided by
the Joey Porter press release department.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Peter on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:14 am

Well, one time I told NIN to back off. and I may not have done that in person. Or was it kicksave?

Most of you are cool dudes and dudettes. I am the geek behind the computer screen (who happens to root for the canes and pays for it dearly).

So if you promise to stay behind your keyboards - BRING IT ON

If you intend to seek me out in person - How are you today? Anything I can get for you?
Peter

Postby canaan on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:52 am

what bothers me about this is the notion that when carson palmer was injured in the playoffs, i dont believe there was one person in pittsburgh that felt a bit of sympathy for the man. the nature of the sport (and these philosophies transcend the sport) yields such behaviors and then we are to sate our macabre fascinations to be the best by any means necessary? (hypocritical!) Sure i find it unnerving that people cheer or revel in the idea of an injured player...but i would be remiss if i didnt do the same thing when it would benefit the steelers in anyway...because i would be very curious to see that steelers v. bengals playoff game with a healthy carson palmer.

-bring on the ridicule

canaan
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to NHR