France v. South Korea, spoiler

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

France v. South Korea, spoiler

Postby CT Mechanic on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:55 pm

It's at the half, and France finally scored (they didn't get one goal at all in World Cup 2002, as the defending champions no less). 1-0 at the half.

France has dominated, but Korea hasn't given up by a long shot.

How tired will Zidane & Co. get as time winds down???
CT Mechanic
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: France v. South Korea, spoiler

Postby Rob UK Pen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:21 pm

CT Mechanic wrote:How tired will Zidane & Co. get as time winds down???

Despite there being half an hour to play, I think the French have this one in the bag. That said, this current French team is no way near a patch on the all-conquering team of the late 90's, which is a real shame for Thierry Henry.

Now I wonder how many years he has to live in London to qualify for English nationality...... :D
Rob UK Pen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:43 pm

You still think that, Rob? :)

Why exactly isn't David Trezeguet playing? And how did both Barthez and Gallas miss clearing that goal? Well, Barthez sucks, but what's Gallas's excuse?

And after watching Henry miss a huge chance at goal to save things for France, do you still want him wearing the Three Lions? :)
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MrKnowNothing on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:49 pm

If France is eliminated, we may never see Zidane again internationally.

BS yellow card on him IMO.
MrKnowNothing

Postby Rob UK Pen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:50 pm

Sorry, given our 'love' of our dear neighbours I'm laughing hysterically and uncontrollably now. This has got to be the result of the tournament so far - especially as I bet on a draw! :lol:

Well here comes Trezeguet....no idea why he hasn't been on before now. But as for Barthez and Gallas - that was a joke. Gallas just watched it cross the line and only moved to once it had.

Allez le Bleu!!
Rob UK Pen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rob UK Pen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Rocco wrote:And after watching Henry miss a huge chance at goal to save things for France, do you still want him wearing the Three Lions? :)

Instead of Crouch & Owen....? Every time :D
Rob UK Pen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:51 pm

Rob UK Pen wrote:Sorry, given our 'love' of our dear neighbours I'm laughing hysterically and uncontrollably now. This has got to be the result of the tournament so far - especially as I bet on a draw! :lol:

Well here comes Trezeguet....no idea why he hasn't been on before now. But as for Barthez and Gallas - that was a joke. Gallas just watched it cross the line and only moved to once it had.

Allez le Bleu!!

Given how people have harped on how uninspiring England's been, they've still won somehow. The fact that France has been equally crappy illustrates how important it is to win first, show style second. (Of course, Argentina has done both, which makes them scary.) The French may not go through, which would be hilarious seeing as how they were handed an easy group and brought back most of the old guard to get this done. I'm sure that development makes you shed a tear. :)

As for England, what happens if Rooney re-breaks his foot? Will there be a level of panic we've never seen before? It seems like they've based their entire plan on "wait until Rooney comes back." I'm hoping that Owen will play better on Tuesday- if Crouch isn't in the team, then there won't be a game plan of "launch it to the beanpole" which takes Owen out of the game. (It would help if Michael ran a little, too.) Will Walcott actually play? I'm interested in seeing what he can do. And seeing as how England's either going to be playing the host nation/tournament nemesis from their past, or a team that has played very well through two games, they might want to hurry up and find their rhythm.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fast B on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:02 pm

Rocco wrote:The fact that France has been equally crappy illustrates how important it is to win first, show style second.

Actually, the fact that the US still has a good shot to advance proves that sometimes, neither of those things is important. :shock: :? :D
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to NHR