World of Warcraft discussion thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: World of Warcraft rook here....

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 am

Yeah, eddy, I made it through the engagement period, haha, but, the whole attorney + marriage thing spelled the end for me. I occasionally think about when I may be able to go back to it, but, that day isn't in sight. I'll probably settle for dabbling in Diablo III when it comes out (if it ever does). Oh well, I got a few great years out of the game, which is easily the best game I've ever played, and then I got $650 for my account, so.....good times.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 am

I should have sold my account before this latest expansion came out. I just cant' bring myself to doing it.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:58 am

I'm sorry if this thread is causing people to get the bug back! lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 am

AlexPKeaton wrote:I should have sold my account before this latest expansion came out. I just cant' bring myself to doing it.

Shut your mouth. I wanted to buy your druid, but you were a biznatch.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:21 am

Yeah, I sold just at the right time, I think prices really dropped after I sold. It took a lot to bring myself to do it, so, I can understand not being able to part with an account.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am

jaysmiter wrote:
Kaizer wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Wow, thanks for all the advice so far Spikey. I appreciate it. I'm a Warrior and so far I like it. Yea I have seen people running around with spiders and such that's pretty cool lol too bad humans can't get pets.

Pfft. Hunters are soff. stick with your Warrior.

Psh. Warriors are crap...most of my runs are better with DK, Druid, or Pally tanks...yeah...I said it.

I havent gotten to tank anything in Lich King, i had it for a week before i got shipped. warriors getting passed over in general is nothing new, since pallys were the easymode aoe tank for every 5 man in burning crusade...however...any real guild knows it takes a warrior to pwn face in the endgame. and i am he.

/nerdrage
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:57 am

Bear tank in cr4zy epix ftw.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:I should have sold my account before this latest expansion came out. I just cant' bring myself to doing it.

Shut your mouth. I wanted to buy your druid, but you were a biznatch.

You wanted my druid for cheap. $500+ is worth it lol.

Anyone want to buy a WoW account for $500? 70+ druid, 70+ rogue, I think a Pally at 60 something, and a Hunter at 60 something. :lol:
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

How much do these accounts really go for generally?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

How many characters can you actually create?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spikey on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Nobody can explain the different warlock specs to me? :cry:

On the whole I don't get that much enjoyment out of playing caster classes. I have a Priest at level 10 right now and I can't get motivated to level her any further. I have a mage that I got bored with at level 20 or so, and a shaman that I only got to level 20 as well. I'm also having trouble getting into playing as a DK...talk about easymode, it's too easy even for me.

Pally is my favorite class so far, and I liked playing as a warrior as well. I also like rogues, but it takes me forever to level because I spend so much time sneaking around and pickpocketing everything I see.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby eddysnake on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Spikey wrote:Nobody can explain the different warlock specs to me? :cry:

I had a warlock at 50 something, but all the knowledge I once had about him is now replaced with Little Einstein, Noddy, and Handy Manny info.

I do remember it being very complex and confusing at times, but it was a very rad class once you got the hang of it... sorry i couldn't be more help
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spikey on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:44 pm

SolidSnake wrote:How many characters can you actually create?

50 total. I'd be shocked if anyone actually plays 50 characters but it seems like some people spend a lot of time playing WoW. :lol: I probably have 40 or so created, but most of them are just placeholders to make sure nobody takes a name that I might eventually want to use.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:44 pm

SolidSnake wrote:How many characters can you actually create?

Like 10 per server or something. I have many more characters than that I was just pointing out the highlights lol.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spikey on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm

eddysnake wrote:
I do remember it being very complex and confusing at times, but it was a very rad class once you got the hang of it... sorry i couldn't be more help

It seems really complex. I read a little bit about the difference between affliction, demonology and whatever the other one is (destruction?) but it was all convoluted and most of it was just people discussing why their choice was the best and everyone else's warlock suxxorz. :shock:
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Spikey wrote:Nobody can explain the different warlock specs to me? :cry:

On the whole I don't get that much enjoyment out of playing caster classes. I have a Priest at level 10 right now and I can't get motivated to level her any further. I have a mage that I got bored with at level 20 or so, and a shaman that I only got to level 20 as well. I'm also having trouble getting into playing as a DK...talk about easymode, it's too easy even for me.

Pally is my favorite class so far, and I liked playing as a warrior as well. I also like rogues, but it takes me forever to level because I spend so much time sneaking around and pickpocketing everything I see.

Rogue is just so awesome. The best MMO class ever imo. Especially before they introduced resilience and you could 1 or 2-shot some poor slob in a BG and then run away.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:How much do these accounts really go for generally?

It depends. Back in the day some elite accounts would probably easily go over 1k. Even then, to a WoW player, that is not worth it. If you put in 1000s of hours (easily) into an elite account, you are selling your time for < $1/hour.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Spikey on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Rogue is just so awesome. The best MMO class ever imo. Especially before they introduced resilience and you could 1 or 2-shot some poor slob in a BG and then run away.

How did you spec your rogue? The highest I've ever gotten one is high 30s/low 40s and IIRC I was doing an assassination/subtlety hybrid. Now I want to play that toon again.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:05 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:How much do these accounts really go for generally?

It depends. Back in the day some elite accounts would probably easily go over 1k. Even then, to a WoW player, that is not worth it. If you put in 1000s of hours (easily) into an elite account, you are selling your time for < $1/hour.

Haha, yeah, I remember doing the math and I got something like $.18/hour when I sold my account for $650.

As to the whole issue of how much they sell for and what it takes to get an account that is attractive to a buyer....I think its kind of hard to comprehend unless you play. If I'm remembering right and $0.18 is the right per hour number that would have put me at about 3600 hours or 150 (full) days. That sounds about right and I was not even a die hard WoW player. I had friends that literally dropped out of school their senior year of undergrad to play this game. One friend had at least 150 days played on one of his characters. And he had 3 other 70s. So....its sort of unreal.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Rogue's arguably the coolest class. I'm partial to druids. They give you a bit of rogue, bit of warrior, bit of priest. I have no idea how feral has changed since early 2008, but, I could run neck and neck with "good" Rogues in Gruuls and SSC on dps ("very good" and above Rogues did and should dominate any class). When you consider the fact that swapping out a little gear and you could OT or MT without respeccing....to me Druid was the ultimate class.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Wow, 1 character is enough for me so far lol Do you have to pay more for additional characters? I don't think I could ever manage more then 1 character lol
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Spikey on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 pm

Kraftster wrote:Rogue's arguably the coolest class. I'm partial to druids. They give you a bit of rogue, bit of warrior, bit of priest. I have no idea how feral has changed since early 2008, but, I could run neck and neck with "good" Rogues in Gruuls and SSC on dps ("very good" and above Rogues did and should dominate any class). When you consider the fact that swapping out a little gear and you could OT or MT without respeccing....to me Druid was the ultimate class.

I don't know if you know this, but you can now dual spec. It's $1K gold up front for the ability. My pally is specced for both Prot and Ret and I switch back and forth depending on whether I'm doing instances or just regular questing. Kind of a hassle having two sets of gear, but I guess a lot of people were doing that and having to respec, so it's definitely a nice feature.
Spikey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Spikey wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Rogue is just so awesome. The best MMO class ever imo. Especially before they introduced resilience and you could 1 or 2-shot some poor slob in a BG and then run away.

How did you spec your rogue? The highest I've ever gotten one is high 30s/low 40s and IIRC I was doing an assassination/subtlety hybrid. Now I want to play that toon again.

I tried everything. I was hardcore into theorycraft haha. In pre-TBC days I was dagger Assassination. This made me a glass canon. I had no D, all O. It was fabulous for ganking which is 99% of the joy I got from playing WoW. There is nothing quite like the feeling of sneaking up on someone unaware and instantly killing them before they have a chance to do anything. I can just picture the cheetos and mt. dew spit everywhere hahahaha.

In post-TBC days with resilience, I went to combat swords. I did Arena for a while, and swords was good for the great cool downs to burn. I was thinking of going back to dagger before I left due to all of the changes.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:17 pm

Spikey wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Rogue's arguably the coolest class. I'm partial to druids. They give you a bit of rogue, bit of warrior, bit of priest. I have no idea how feral has changed since early 2008, but, I could run neck and neck with "good" Rogues in Gruuls and SSC on dps ("very good" and above Rogues did and should dominate any class). When you consider the fact that swapping out a little gear and you could OT or MT without respeccing....to me Druid was the ultimate class.

I don't know if you know this, but you can now dual spec. It's $1K gold up front for the ability. My pally is specced for both Prot and Ret and I switch back and forth depending on whether I'm doing instances or just regular questing. Kind of a hassle having two sets of gear, but I guess a lot of people were doing that and having to respec, so it's definitely a nice feature.

Wow. That's really nice. I was respeccing several times a week back in the day.

It would be a pain as a Druid having 1.5-2 sets of gear on you at all times, but, I'm sure there're like 40 slot bags now anyway! :P
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 pm

My main other toon was my druid. Druid is an awesome class, however the price you pay is having to maintain and upgrade 2 (or 3) different sets of gear. With rogue you just worked on optimizing 1 set of gear, which saves lots of time and effort.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR