World of Warcraft discussion thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: World of Warcraft discussion thread

Postby Puffymuffin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah I'm playing, also a monk, Pandaria looks amazing, it's really well done.
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am

I wasn't going to do it, but I got MoP yesterday. So far, I am actually really enjoying it. I've got to say, I tried Guild Wars 2, but was just horribly disappointed at the PvP and endgame aspect of it. Plus, I have so much time and achievements invested in my main on WoW, I figure why not.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

The monk starting quest lines are pretty cool. I won't spoil anything so I won't say much more in case you haven't started a monk yet.

I agree with Puffymuffin that it was done really well.

I also agree with you Shaf, that I have waaaaaaaaaay too much time put into WoW. I cannot stress enough how awesome it is to level with someone now because needed quest items drop for both you and your partner. They added a few account-wide things like mounts and cheeves.

It's these little things that they ignored for so long that sort of won me back. I believe they made an attempt to keep/win back the OLDER players and not just attract new players. It seems like they lost that approach in wrath and cata.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am

I agree. I do like a lot of the subtle changes to the game. I've actually been pleasantly surprised that starting the 85+ leveling hasn't been totally congested.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:54 am

I miss this game a little every time I see this thread bumped.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 am

shafnutz05 wrote:I agree. I do like a lot of the subtle changes to the game. I've actually been pleasantly surprised that starting the 85+ leveling hasn't been totally congested.

It's supposed to be a MAJOR grind to 90 though. Insane amount of time for each level.... but to that I say... it only happens once. You grind the same raid out for months what's the difference you know. lol.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 am

Might pick this up when I get bored of GW2. However I am digging GW2 quite a bit so it might be a while.

Also, of note, this is the lowest selling expansion pack blizzard has put out yet.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 am

I know it's slowly declining in popularity, but you honestly can't beat it. APK, I just got a little tired of GW2 already. I hate that there is only one faction.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

shafnutz05 wrote:I know it's slowly declining in popularity, but you honestly can't beat it. APK, I just got a little tired of GW2 already. I hate that there is only one faction.

Yeah I'm still digging GW2 a lot. Granted I'm at like level 38. But I really dig the combat over WoW's combat. Probably the first MMO I have played where I could say that. Also I really really dig no flying mounts and no reputation grind haha. To me, rep grind, flying mounts, cross server dungeon finder, and Arenas really killed WoW for me. I'd love for an OG server option, I'd go back to that in a second.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

As long as there are levels to grind, new classes to check out, new content to explore and down, the game will always win me back. The $39 digital download was def nice.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Puffymuffin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 am

SoupOrSam wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I agree. I do like a lot of the subtle changes to the game. I've actually been pleasantly surprised that starting the 85+ leveling hasn't been totally congested.

It's supposed to be a MAJOR grind to 90 though. Insane amount of time for each level.... but to that I say... it only happens once. You grind the same raid out for months what's the difference you know. lol.

Don't think it's a grind really, I'm not the best at taking time for questing, so I change it up a bit with queuing for pvp, its quite easy to get 15-20% xp an hour without really trying. You get probably more if you actually make an effort.
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:19 am

You guys talk about this game the way people talk about soul-crushing jobs.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 am

If I, hypothetically, got back into this game, how long would it take me to level from 1 to whatever level? I'm extremely familiar with the game (at the time not long before WotLK) from starting areas all the way through Burning Crusade content (Alliance side).
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 am

Kraftster wrote:If I, hypothetically, got back into this game, how long would it take me to level from 1 to whatever level? I'm extremely familiar with the game (at the time not long before WotLK) from starting areas all the way through Burning Crusade content (Alliance side).

I'd estimate you could be promoted to Assistant to the Regional Manager within a few months.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 am

Kraftster wrote:If I, hypothetically, got back into this game, how long would it take me to level from 1 to whatever level? I'm extremely familiar with the game (at the time not long before WotLK) from starting areas all the way through Burning Crusade content (Alliance side).

They have done a lot to really speed up the amount of time it takes to level up. I started a mage at 1 a while back (during Cataclysm), and I was pretty happy with how seamless the leveling was. A lot more flight points, etc.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Puffymuffin on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 am

They changed the entire 1-60 storyline and areas in the previous expansion (Cataclysm). It's quite easy to level though, it has a nice flow to it and if you are in a guild with questing bonus perks it shouldn't take long. 1-60 should take about a week with 2-3 hours a day of playing, depending on spec/class and if you're going to level professions. After that it's about 1-2 hours per level until lvl80, it takes a bit longer after that.
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am

Check out GW2 before you return to this lol. Trust me, that game is much more modern, and no sub fee.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 am

I wish I could find the guy and buy my old characters back.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Kraftster wrote:I wish I could find the guy and buy my old characters back.

Do characters ever go away? I haven't played in 5 years, but had a 60 rogue, 60 mage, and 60 warlock?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:24 pm

eddysnake wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I wish I could find the guy and buy my old characters back.

Do characters ever go away? I haven't played in 5 years, but had a 60 rogue, 60 mage, and 60 warlock?

I sold my account. :slug:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Monk has maybe 10-12 hours or so and we're 64 We've leveled so many toons on so many different realms that we're pretty quick about it. I saw 80+ monks the morning after MoP released so it can be done quickly.

And to answer your question eddy... you're guys are not deleted and gone forever. You'll have them, every item, bank tab, gold, yadda yadda that you had. They were "frozen" in time as Bliz says. Now... since you haven't played since vanilla, you're going to need to make a battlenet and merge your WoW account to it, but that's no thang but a chicken wang.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 pm

How does the Monk class play? Do you get a rogue-like stealth with it?

I just read about the cross server quest zones. I'm kind of intrigued now. That sounds like a great opportunity for massive ganking since there will be significantly more lowbies. Although flying mounts kinds of ruins everything.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:How does the Monk class play? Do you get a rogue-like stealth with it?

I just read about the cross server quest zones. I'm kind of intrigued now. That sounds like a great opportunity for massive ganking since there will be significantly more lowbies. Although flying mounts kinds of ruins everything.

Great opportunity, lol. HATE IT, but accept it. To put it in visual words. Bones. Nothing but Bones. Everywhere. Bones.

Monk plays very much like it's own style. Really it does. When we group for dungeon runs, I heal. Healing is very very priest/pally like. I believe they will become the MT healers.... at least I will be anyhow seeing as no one will EVER EVER outheal this badboy in any class. Lol.

Nah, but honestly I really feel like Windwalker completely is it's own class. WISH it had stealth... but it would be pretty OP. Rolls are cool because you can keep up/close the distance between you and your opponent when rooted/snared/stunned/blah blah blah. Mistweaver leveling is so OP that I beat down a DK and a rogue last night with res sickness. Heals are almost instant fullback to health. Buildup of Chi is pretty quick, all in all, just really fun.

Still lvl 64.... however, have read all of the talents and abilities. Seems to be a very very very well made class that is unlike any other imo. Totally loving it.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm

How is the druid class these days?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Couldn't tell you. Druid was my 3rd Alt in cata, but my main in wrath. I believe kittie is dead atm, boomkin is pretty good, and I quit playing her because they made the druid feel eh, sort of too much like a priest. If I wanted to heal like a priest, I wouldve rolled a priest. But, that was Cata. I believe druid heals more or less were kept with the same idea for mist. As far as bear, I didn't have one for any of our raid nights for any alt in cata. I didn't hear complaints, and there were many of them, so I would assume pretty good and nothing earth changing.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR