Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:27 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....

so the reasons we have for not liking this movie are irrelevant? why should i like a movie that makes me angry watching?

Buddy....if a movie is actually making you mad, should you really be watching it?

ugh. so no one is allowed to dislike movies? you're really grasping at straws here, man.

look. i'm glad you liked the movie. hell... more people obviously agree with you than me. but it's subjective. in my opinion, it was a lazy mess of a script, and a really flawed movie. It's not like I'm sitting around every night, looking for new things to hate about it. i watched it twice. once when it came out, and once again when it was released on DVD if only to give it another chance. i have no need to watch it again.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:By the way...if this turns into one big ***** fest, I blame Rylan and PFDC. ;)

you were the one who said there were no good reasons for disliking this movie... just saying

I also said that St Anger is better then the Black Album. Should my opinions really count? I mean we watch and like what we do cause it makes us happy. Why not be happy? Didn't the joker once say "why so serious? "
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:I also said that St Anger is better then the Black Album.

:? :? :? :? :? :?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:By the way...if this turns into one big ***** fest, I blame Rylan and PFDC. ;)

you were the one who said there were no good reasons for disliking this movie... just saying

I also said that St Anger is better then the Black Album. Should my opinions really count? I mean we watch and like what we do cause it makes us happy. Why not be happy? Didn't the joker once say "why so serious? "

i never said that there were no legitimate reasons for disliking something, though
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:29 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Wait a tick...

Did Froggy say Batman is Batman because he got bit by a radioactive bat?

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw that
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Wait a tick...

Did Froggy say Batman is Batman because he got bit by a radioactive bat?

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who saw that

hahaha... yeah that's a joke i like to tell. kind of buried in the text there, though
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:31 pm

by the way...i'm sure everyone criticizing TDKR can be found all over this thread praising other movies. people are acting like ragging on plot holes means you're incapable of enjoying a film.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Im just gonna say I like TDKR and if you don't its cool.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Grunthy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:32 pm

So people really think a rich person like Bruce Wayne wouldn't have money that no one knows about, hence how he got around the world. Also how he has secret hiding places everywhere yet he could not sneak into the city...
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm

shmenguin wrote:by the way...i'm sure everyone criticizing TDKR can be found all over this thread praising other movies. people are acting like ragging on plot holes means you're incapable of enjoying a film.

somewhere last summer i was labeled as someone who hates EVERY movie because i was very critical of exactly TWO movies i saw.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Im just gonna say I like TDKR and if you don't its cool.

that hasn't really been the vibe over the last couple pages
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Grunthy wrote:So people really think a rich person like Bruce Wayne wouldn't have money that no one knows about, hence how he got around the world. Also how he has secret hiding places everywhere yet he could not sneak into the city...

i think it's bad storytelling to set stuff up without a payoff. you set up that he has no money. you set up that he can't get back to the city. but then, he just... sort of is in the city. i think that's way too big a leap to just handwave like that
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:36 pm

shmenguin wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Im just gonna say I like TDKR and if you don't its cool.

that hasn't really been the vibe over the last couple pages

Ehh....atleast we aren't complaining about a certain local hockey team.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Froggy wrote:
Grunthy wrote:So people really think a rich person like Bruce Wayne wouldn't have money that no one knows about, hence how he got around the world. Also how he has secret hiding places everywhere yet he could not sneak into the city...

i think it's bad storytelling to set stuff up without a payoff. you set up that he has no money. you set up that he can't get back to the city. but then, he just... sort of is in the city. i think that's way too big a leap to just handwave like that

yes. the "it's bruce wayne - he has ways of getting things done" argument is valid, but not in every instance. like, i don't even mind the scene at the end. some people get bent out of shape because him being out in public is such a risk. but he's bruce wayne. he knows what he's doing. i'm cool with that.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm

i just think it's funny that FC44, Shmenguin, and I will all hit posting milestones arguing about this movie. hahaha
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 pm

I caught a few minutes of "The Blind Side" on TV yesterday. If I could punch a movie, that would be the one that I'd punch.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Grunthy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Froggy wrote:

so you would want them to waste 20 minutes to show him either bum a ride with people or travel with money he had stowed away someplace...
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:I caught a few minutes of "The Blind Side" on TV yesterday. If I could punch a movie, that would be the one that I'd punch.

it's one of those movies that i totally judged from the trailer, and nothing could make me want to see it despite how many people say they like it. that doesn't happen that much, but it happens. Silver Linings Playbook is another
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Grunthy wrote:
Froggy wrote:

so you would want them to waste 20 minutes to show him either bum a ride with people or travel with money he had stowed away someplace...

no, i would like them not to waste the time in setting up plot points they don't intend to pay off.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Froggy wrote:i just think it's funny that FC44, Shmenguin, and I will all hit posting milestones arguing about this movie. hahaha

LOL

But I wanted it to be special with a post that cares about me.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Froggy wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:I caught a few minutes of "The Blind Side" on TV yesterday. If I could punch a movie, that would be the one that I'd punch.

it's one of those movies that i totally judged from the trailer, and nothing could make me want to see it despite how many people say they like it.

If you're a fan of ham-handed morals that try to get white people to feel guilty, then you'll love it.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Grunthy wrote:
Froggy wrote:

there were ways to make it work without devoting "20 minutes" to it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
Froggy wrote:

it's one of those movies that i totally judged from the trailer, and nothing could make me want to see it despite how many people say they like it.

If you're a fan of ham-handed morals that try to get white people to feel guilty, then you'll love it.

i am a fan of taking white people down a peg or two... hmmm... now i'm conflicted
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_butler/trailers/

Judging by the trailer, actors, and story, this movie is going to win every Oscar at the next Academy Awards. The Academy might make up new Oscars to award for this movie. Talk about a film that looks like it was just made to win awards in February.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:46 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Grunthy wrote:
Froggy wrote:

there were ways to make it work without devoting "20 minutes" to it.

a line or two of dialogue would have been ok. or even lucious or catwoman being like "how the hell did you get back here?" and he can flat out say "none of that matters right now", and i think i would have liked that. i liked when they did that in Looper regarding the time travel questions.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR