Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

eddysnake wrote:
Froggy wrote:Then why use Bale? Won't that be a bit confusing?

why couldn't he come back out of retirement?

Well for one, I think everyone would have known he was Bruce Wayne if Batman and Bruce Wayne disappeared at the same time. Also, he gave Joseph Gordon Levitt the bat cave, and had his house turned into an orphanage. Plus he's broke.

And that's just assuming that he didn't actually die and the ending was more metaphorical.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

canaan wrote:
Froggy wrote:How can bale be back as Batman? In hiscontinuity, he faked his death and moved to Europe.

this is so cute. actually thinking studios care about movie-to-movie continuity.

Like in the Batman, Inc. comics, he can be batman of the "world" still while Dick Grayson is batman of gotham.

Batman Incorporated is a global organization publicly funded by billionaire Bruce Wayne, who acts as its leader in his secret identity as Batman. Their mission is to turn Batman's crime-fighting agenda and ideology into a world-wide presence. Wayne hand-selects and trains international vigilantes to each act as his representative in their own country, swearing them in to the established values with an oath.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am

Froggy wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

And that's just assuming that he didn't actually die and the ending was more metaphorical.

maybe they tie it in by having superman the one who saved him from the nuke bomb exploding at the end?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 am

I guess JLA could take place in the 8 years between TDK and TDKR.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 pm

Froggy wrote:I guess JLA could take place in the 8 years between TDK and TDKR.

This is what I was going to say. A JLA series could take place anytime after Batman Begins and TDKR. That's a lot of time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Froggy wrote:I guess JLA could take place in the 8 years between TDK and TDKR.

This is what I was going to say. A JLA series could take place anytime after Batman Begins and TDKR. That's a lot of time.

Pros: it would finally explain why his body was so messed up in TDKR.
Cons: kind of weird there was no motion of the justice league in any of the other movies.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Froggy wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Well for one, I think everyone would have known he was Bruce Wayne if Batman and Bruce Wayne disappeared at the same time. Also, he gave Joseph Gordon Levitt the bat cave, and had his house turned into an orphanage. Plus he's broke.

True. I'd rather have Bale wait for Nolan to return to the Batman franchise in 20 years and do The Dark Knight Returns.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Watched 7 Psychopaths, and highly enjoyed it. I thought Walken was great, as was the rest of the ensemble. There were a couple weird inconsistencies (spoilered), but I liked it overall.

Spoiler:
A little weird that the psychopathic Woody Harrelson just sighs and lets those two yokel police officers arrest him and his henchman at the end? Just strange that they both just gave themselves up without a fight considering they were likely facing life in prison or worse.

Spoiler:
The credit sequence with that guy with the rabbit seemed kind of forced too. "I'm going to kill you....actually, I'm not going to kill you.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Watched 7 Psychopaths, and highly enjoyed it. I thought Walken was great, as was the rest of the ensemble. There were a couple weird inconsistencies (spoilered), but I liked it overall.

Spoiler:
A little weird that the psychopathic Woody Harrelson just sighs and lets those two yokel police officers arrest him and his henchman at the end? Just strange that they both just gave themselves up without a fight considering they were likely facing life in prison or worse.

Spoiler:
The credit sequence with that guy with the rabbit seemed kind of forced too. "I'm going to kill you....actually, I'm not going to kill you.

Spoiler:
I think the second one was basically to make it more meta, since it is "his" movie after all. Also, I think it serves to show how negatively affected Colin Farrel's character was after the whole thing, since at the end he doesn't really care either way if he comes and tries to kill him -- basically a final part of character devlopment
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:55 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Watched 7 Psychopaths, and highly enjoyed it.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Classic Tom Waits, great character.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:07 pm

I saw Warm Bodies with the wife. It was enjoyable. Not award winning or anything but had some witty writing and a different take on the zombie genre.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 am

Act of Valor was the most pointless movie i've ever watched. Why was it even made?

Also watched Get the Gringo last night. I was entertained.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 pm

the trailer for hangover 3 makes it seem like it's not really about a hangover this time. if that's the case, there's a good chance it will be a very funny movie.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Act of Valor was the most pointless movie i've ever watched. Why was it even made?

The action sequences were as awesome as anything on film in the last ten years. The acting stuff was wretched. Painful, even. The sole exception to this was anything involving Chief, especially the scene where he interrogated the guy on the yacht; that was pretty good beer.

All in all, it was little more than a recruitment piece.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Ha..... just spent a few moments trying to find the clip where Senior Chief Miller interrogates Christo. Couldn't find the clip, but I did find out that Senior Chief Miller originally wanted to lock Christo up in a room overnight. When he was reminded that 'Christo' was actually an actor called Alex, he said, "Fine. Can we at least make the area for the interrogation really hot? I want to be in his head." He took it really seriously. And they left his half of the scene largely unscripted, letting him just do his thing. So when he blows up and knocks everything off the table, it really freaked everyone out on set..... especially Alex/Christo.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:33 pm

redlettermedia had good things to say about Hansel and Gretel:Witch Hunters. They kind of described it as a goofy, violent, fantasy adventure type movie, in the same vein as Army of Darkness. this totally makes me wish i would have seen it when it was out.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby IrishEyes on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am

Froggy wrote:redlettermedia had good things to say about Hansel and Gretel:Witch Hunters. They kind of described it as a goofy, violent, fantasy adventure type movie, in the same vein as Army of Darkness. this totally makes me wish i would have seen it when it was out.

I saw it in theaters. I enjoyed the hell out of it. It really was very good.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

Maybe I'll use sketchy methods to procure it this weekend and watch it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 am

Finally got Kiss Kiss Bang Bang replaced after losing it nearly a year ago. This has been a rough 10 months.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:02 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Maybe I'll use sketchy methods to procure it this weekend and watch it.

Yes, perhaps I shall visit the buccaneer alcove
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:51 am

Via Kevin Smith FB page

THE BEGINNING OF THE END
20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS.
20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III.
It's been like hanging out with old friends.
And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion...
CLERKS III will be the best film I'll ever make.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Kevin Smith... Not a fan
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Froggy wrote:Kevin Smith... Not a fan

Kevin Smith wrote:Froggy... Not a fan
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Froggy wrote:Kevin Smith... Not a fan

i dont care much for the jay and silent bob duo--mostly jay is stereotypical and boring. Kevin Smith used to be able to craft a story that could intrigue, albeit in a simplistic, everyday person approach. Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma--all enjoyable. I think his style has been diluted by his success. I still enjoy him because you can tell he just loves living life his way and on his terms. i find that endearing to a certain extent. While scripted, i enjoy the moments of comic book men that just show a normal dude who has money and gets to be the nerd he has always been--don't get why people hate on him. Im kind of surprised that you dont like him, because i thought he would be right up your alley in terms of his cheesiness (dont take that as a negative, i mean it in terms of the correlations between you and him in regards to the love of off the beaten path cinema.)

Canaan is a fan, i guess you could say. This post was very stream of consciousness.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:33 pm

I didn't take offense to that. I don't know.. I hated Clerks. Like, it's fun to quote and all, but as a movie, I find it unwatchable. He's definitely a good writer, and he seems like a funny dude from his "Evening With..." Stuff. I guess I hate him as a director?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR