Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 pm

count2infinity wrote:I suppose you two missed the words "like those".

How did he get back to and in Gotham? How did he paint the bat symbol with gas? HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW! Why did they send all the police force into the tunnels? Because the police commissioner was out of his mind. Those are not major plot holes in my book.


and i guess you missed the part where i said individually they were fine, but the point is they add up.

for someone who argues so much, you're really not very good at it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,711
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 pm

count2infinity wrote:I suppose you two missed the words "like those".

How did he get back to and in Gotham? How did he paint the bat symbol with gas? HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW! Why did they send all the police force into the tunnels? Because the police commissioner was out of his mind. Those are not major plot holes in my book.


It points to how unentertaining and poorly paced TDKR was that people are so fixated on such plot holes. TDK also had a gazillion little plot holes, but no one cared, because it was one of the best popcorn movies ever made.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm

shmenguin wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I suppose you two missed the words "like those".

How did he get back to and in Gotham? How did he paint the bat symbol with gas? HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW! Why did they send all the police force into the tunnels? Because the police commissioner was out of his mind. Those are not major plot holes in my book.


"these aren't much individually, but they add up"

are you just trying to be contrary?


No. Those are nit picking. Unless you're trying to find holes you don't see those. I'd be willing to bet 80% of the people that watched that movie didn't give those things a second thought. Tdkr was no where near the level of tkd, but it wasn't a terrible movie.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 pm

count2infinity wrote:HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW!


If you're a lazy writer, couldn't you just say this as an excuse to do anything, with any character? "How did Vito Coreleon colonize Mars and send his entire family to coordinate a mafia syndicate on Pluto?" BECAUSE HE'S VITO CORLEONE, THAT'S HOW!
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm

80% of people also like the fast and furious movies and nickelback. i guess there's no accounting for taste.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Froggy wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I suppose you two missed the words "like those".

How did he get back to and in Gotham? How did he paint the bat symbol with gas? HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW! Why did they send all the police force into the tunnels? Because the police commissioner was out of his mind. Those are not major plot holes in my book.


and i guess you missed the part where i said individually they were fine, but the point is they add up.

for someone who argues so much, you're really not very good at it.


I apologize. Ill bow down to your movie expertise.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
count2infinity wrote:HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW!


If you're a lazy writer, couldn't you just say this as an excuse to do anything, with any character? "How did Vito Coreleon colonize Mars and send his entire family to coordinate a mafia syndicate on Pluto?" BECAUSE HE'S VITO CORLEONE, THAT'S HOW!

Not sure what movie you're talking about. But if your watching a movie about colonizing mars and Pluto and you're trying to rationalize the movie, then I don't know what to tell you.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 pm

shmenguin wrote:80% of people also like the fast and furious movies and nickelback. i guess there's no accounting for taste.


Image
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,680
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 pm

nolan wasn't trying to make some mindless action movie. his goal was to make something stylized and cerebral. if you're trying to pull that off, then you need to have your act together. a lot of people like shiny things and explosions, so maybe they don't instinctively pick up on the glaring plot holes. but compared to the standard that nolan is going for, they do add up to something significant.

neutering bane's character isn't a plot hole though - just a crappy choice
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby skullman80 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Nothing wrong with the fast and furious movies. Well the 3rd sucked but as long as you turn your brain off at the beginning they are a helluva lot of fun.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,292
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm

there is a major plot point about how bruce wayne was left broken and penniless. there is also a major plotpoint about how there was a major blockade with officers willing to shoot at children at every way in or out of the city. I don't think it's just a nitpick to need a bit more clarity about how a man (batman or not) managed to get half way around the world with no money into a city guarded by armed men who are shown to be ruthless and unwaivering with no weapons or equipment.

the fire bat thing, i just thought was stupid.


that being said, it was still better than prometheus
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,711
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm

count2infinity wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
count2infinity wrote:HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW!


If you're a lazy writer, couldn't you just say this as an excuse to do anything, with any character? "How did Vito Coreleon colonize Mars and send his entire family to coordinate a mafia syndicate on Pluto?" BECAUSE HE'S VITO CORLEONE, THAT'S HOW!

Not sure what movie you're talking about. But if your watching a movie about colonizing mars and Pluto and you're trying to rationalize the movie, then I don't know what to tell you.


Totally and completely missed my point.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,378
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:
count2infinity wrote:HE'S FREAKING BATMAN, THATS HOW!


If you're a lazy writer, couldn't you just say this as an excuse to do anything, with any character? "How did Vito Coreleon colonize Mars and send his entire family to coordinate a mafia syndicate on Pluto?" BECAUSE HE'S VITO CORLEONE, THAT'S HOW!

Not sure what movie you're talking about. But if your watching a movie about colonizing mars and Pluto and you're trying to rationalize the movie, then I don't know what to tell you.


Totally and completely missed my point.


Looked up the name. The godfather? You're comparing batman getting into Gotham to the godfather colonizing Pluto and Mars? I'm not sure how you could get any more apples to oranges.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


so the reasons we have for not liking this movie are irrelevant? why should i like a movie that makes me angry watching?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,711
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


:thumb:
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:22 pm

By the way...if this turns into one big ***** fest, I blame Rylan and PFDC. ;)
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,378
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Movie

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Wait a tick...

Did Froggy say Batman is Batman because he got bit by a radioactive bat?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,367
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Movie

Postby Getting To My Game on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


Film has the ability to change lives and alter the way in which one views the entire world. Don't you remember the first time that you were really moved by a great film? To get that one that really touches you and almost reaches into your soul to share the same vision of existence is extremely special. Some movies shouldn't be taken seriously, obviously, but film is something that should be taken seriously, because it's so influential in our perception of the world.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Location: In Soviet Pittsburgh, contract extend you

Re: Movie

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

TDKR was easily my least favorite of the trilogy, but it's not terrible by any means.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,726
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:23 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:By the way...if this turns into one big ***** fest, I blame Rylan and PFDC. ;)

you were the one who said there were no good reasons for disliking this movie... just saying
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,711
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

skullman80 wrote:Nothing wrong with the fast and furious movies. Well the 3rd sucked but as long as you turn your brain off at the beginning they are a helluva lot of fun.


if they want to have someone recover from a broken back in 5 minutes in those movies, they have more of an allowance.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


so the reasons we have for not liking this movie are irrelevant? why should i like a movie that makes me angry watching?

Buddy....if a movie is actually making you mad, should you really be watching it?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,378
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Movie

Postby count2infinity on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


so the reasons we have for not liking this movie are irrelevant? why should i like a movie that makes me angry watching?

Buddy....if a movie is actually making you mad, should you really be watching it?


Reminds me a bit of Stan Marsh season 15 episode 7
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,692
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:26 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Froggy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Phew.....

Some of you take movies WAY to serious. But I mean if you enjoy the movies and what not, can't you just enjoy them? Plot holes smhot holes....


so the reasons we have for not liking this movie are irrelevant? why should i like a movie that makes me angry watching?

Buddy....if a movie is actually making you mad, should you really be watching it?


eh? i doubt he's watched it more than once.

this is weird. by the logic that some people are using, every single movie ever made is immune from criticism.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: demondg1, DudeMan2766 and 8 guests


cron
e-mail