Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Nolan's Batman universe is over. This Batman will have no relation to it.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Evil Dead was good. Nothing like the original and I like their take on it. Very gross movie.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Sounds like marvel had a killer event, avengers:age of ultron and guardians of the the galaxy. Can't wait for both, hopefully they picked up a bit since last avengers (which I thought was terrible) and focus on story more rather than the spectacle of everyone together
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Grunthy on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:52 pm

eddysnake wrote:Sounds like marvel had a killer event, avengers:age of ultron and guardians of the the galaxy. Can't wait for both, hopefully they picked up a bit since last avengers (which I thought was terrible) and focus on story more rather than the spectacle of everyone together

Why didn't you like the avengers? What did you expect them to do story wise that they did not? You might be the first person I have heard call it terrible.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 am

So who plays Batman?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:31 am

CERV96 wrote:So who plays Batman?

Hopefully anybody other then Val Kilmer or George Clooney.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:35 am

Grunthy wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Sounds like marvel had a killer event, avengers:age of ultron and guardians of the the galaxy. Can't wait for both, hopefully they picked up a bit since last avengers (which I thought was terrible) and focus on story more rather than the spectacle of everyone together

Why didn't you like the avengers? What did you expect them to do story wise that they did not? You might be the first person I have heard call it terrible.

I was just bored to death with most of it. With something that huge I expected something bigger, it all felt very lazy for an ensemble like that. It's like they said we have all these awesome characters together, that's enough, who cares if they actually do anything or connect with the audience. Hulk was the best part of that movie. It came across like a bunch of idiots in costume saving the day like a 10 year old would have written.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:37 am

Atleast the Soundgarden song was awesome.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:37 am

CERV96 wrote:So who plays Batman?

Joe manganiello or whatever alcide from true bloods name is. The guy from Pittsburgh
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:42 am

Grunthy wrote:

And I don't know what I'd do different, I think that's a tough movie to get right. It's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen & I love marvel/superhero movies. There's very little about that flick that doesn't come across as forehead slapping b grade cheese fest.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:56 am

I saw the Avengers before I had seen any of the individual character's movies and I still enjoyed it. It makes more sense to me now that I've seen them all. Speaking of which, I need to pick that one up.

edit: hit Amazon, apparently I can stream it on my PS3 for free from Prime? I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 am

Watched Bourne Legacy tonight. Not really a Bourne movie without Damon. Could have been any generic action movie. The only connection was the word Tredstone and at the very end they had the lady from the first two. Outside of that, total disconnect.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 am

the wicked child wrote:I saw the Avengers before I had seen any of the individual character's movies and I still enjoyed it. It makes more sense to me now that I've seen them all. Speaking of which, I need to pick that one up.

edit: hit Amazon, apparently I can stream it on my PS3 for free from Prime? I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Only one I didn't see was The Hulk. Just saw The Avengers on Netflix. Same thought I've had with all the individual movies... Fun to watch.

Not going to lie... I laughed out loud when Loki yelled at Hulk about being bullied then Hulk went and wonked him off the ground a half dozen times.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:18 am

Lastly... Watched the first few minutes of Beowolf on Netflix. I didn't realize it was an animated movie until I started watching. I figured it was live action. Knowledge is power.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:23 am

The Incredible Hulk was my least favorite of all the movies by far. I guess it's maybe worth seeing for completion purposes, but not much else. I would be interested if they did a new one with the guy that played the Hulk in the Avengers (and with a lack of Liv Tyler).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 am

Liv Tyler as the Hulk?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:52 am

Grunthy wrote:

Rambling last night, but mostly I hated loki and his cgi generic army
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Eismann on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Evil Dead was good. Nothing like the original and I like their take on it. Very gross movie.

Forgot that was out there. Need to check it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 am

Started watching Movie 43 yesterday. Thats in the running for worst movie i've ever seen. Highlight was JB Smoove. I turned it off pretty quickly.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 am

npv708 wrote:Just finished Adventureland. I'm kind of surprised how much I liked it. I was definitely surprised to find out that Kristen Stewart actually possesses some acting skills, not much, but still more than I've seen in the times I've been forced to watch the Twilight movies by the Misses.

Watched adventureland for the first time. I'm not sure why I had low expectations, but I did. I thought it was pretty great. I think that eichenberg guy must be a bit of an intellectual/culture snob. I thought it would be something more like Waiting or any other nameless future network cable fluff. The characters were interesting and faced serious stuff, I enjoyed it.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 am

Adventureland was decent.

Spoiler:
Ending ruined it for me though. Didn't fit the rest of the movie at all.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:57 am

What was wrong with the ending?

Spoiler:
Standard happy ending, they end up together. I thought it was pretty insightfull on his part to point out that you shouldn't run away from people that you upset. You need to face these issues and trust the person to forgive you
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:00 am

Jesse eisenberg is like Michael Cera but 10x worse.... Which is bad
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:05 am

I like Eisenberg, but dont like Cera. shouldershrug.gif

Watched Jack the Giant Slayer over the weekend...probably about 20 minutes too long, but i was entertained. would've been a lot cooler if they would've shown the giant-on-human violence.

Also watched Stoker...was not entertained. Felt forced. idk.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:06 am

Caught the 2nd half of "Knocked Up" on E! last night. It's been a while since I've seen it, so it was really weird for me to see Ken Jeong in a movie without him being all Ken Jeong-y.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR