Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:12 pm

eddysnake wrote:ghost shark... i don't even know what to say about this.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/29/ghost-shark-first-trailer/

The villagers knew the forbidden way of the ghost shark,.and that they must answer to him before all else...the ghost shark.

Easily the most obscure reference I've ever made
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby viva la ben on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:25 pm

That was the first thing I thought of, should have named the movie Poltershark.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 pm

shmenguin wrote:I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the reaction to sharknado. It's approaching gangnam style and the Harlem shake on the list of stupid cultural phenomenons.

I am in agreement. I am not a movie snob or anything, but its not a movie that deserves all the social media love it is getting. It was a funny made for TV movie that was comically bad and was on par with the terrible parody movies that we had a rash of a few years back.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:07 pm

eddysnake wrote:Just revealed at comicon, batman and superman together for next movie

Zack Snyder directing inspired by dark Knight returns

As a huge Superman fan, I'm torn on this. In one way I really think it would serve them better to give Superman one more stand alone movie. Let them flesh out that world a bit more before adding new characters. And I can't help but feel a little slighted that Superman is only getting one stand alone movie. I know they could give him another down the road but whatever. And WB has been throwing Batman into everything. He just finished his own movie trilogy and now only a few years after that they are putting him into a Superman movie. I don't know, I just feel its a little too quick.

On the other hand, its freaking Superman and Batman together in a movie for the first time ever. The two biggest Superheroes ever. This is what everyone has wanted for so long and I can't help but get pumped to see both of them together.

There are still so many questions. Will this be truly a Man of Steel sequel where the story focuses on him where Batman is introduced and plays a big side role? Or will this be a movie equally about both of them? I prefer the former but we'll probably get the latter. Either way, they CANNOT do a Batman origin in this one. I doubt they will but they just can't do that. No need.

The rumored title is Batman vs Superman or vice versa. I don't like that title. Obviously the whole movie isn't going to be them fighting each other but I don't know, I just don't like it. It implies they are going to be enemies the entire movie. I prefer Man of Steel 2 or World's Finest but I understand WB will probably want to have both Superman and Batman in the title for marketing reasons.

Lex Luthor will most likely play the main baddie. Could be possible Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor use their vast wealth to come together to rebuild Metropolis after Man of Steel. Lex will probably be on a huge anti Superman campaign while Bruce will be looking into Superman to see if he can be truly trusted. Probably won't like him at first. They'll duke it out with Superman barely coming out on top, and they'll come to realize at some point that Lex is a madman and come together to save the day.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23 pm

My problem with Superman and Batman in the same movie is I feel like it's pretty pointless. If you have Superman, unless the enemy is loading up on kryptonite bullets, what is the need for Batman?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Batman is a better hero than all the others. That is why there is a need.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:39 pm

the wicked child wrote:My problem with Superman and Batman in the same movie is I feel like it's pretty pointless. If you have Superman, unless the enemy is loading up on kryptonite bullets, what is the need for Batman?

It was always Bruce with an inferiority complex having to prove to Superman that he could beat him while at the same time Superman being a zealot in his belief that everyone is good and everyone can be saved while not employing "unethical" methods.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Not an inferiority complex. If Batman is played correctly it should be arrogance.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 am

Rylan wrote:Not an inferiority complex. If Batman is played correctly it should be arrogance.

I always took it as small man that bought a big truck syndrome. He could never acknowledge Supes doing something good but was always first in line to try and bring Supes down. If that's not an inferiority complex I don't know what is.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 am

Uh...Superman is basically Batman's only real friend in the DC Universe.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Uh...Superman is basically Batman's only real friend in the DC Universe.

Yet he couldn't wait to put on kryponite hulk hands, have a one handed green arrow fire a kryponite arrow and then beat a weakened Supes to within an inch of his life to prove the point that a human could and did beat him.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 am

Apparently they are rebooting the original National Lampoon franchise? What a horrible idea.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:28 am

IrishEyes wrote:Intouchables was amazing. If you can handle subtitles I highly recommend it.

watched this last night. Easily jumps to the best movie I've seen this year and beyond that. It's been a while since I laughed this much during a movie, doesn't get much better than this. Highly recommend everyone check this out ASAP.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:12 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Apparently they are rebooting the original National Lampoon franchise? What a horrible idea.

With Chevy?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Apparently they are rebooting the original National Lampoon franchise? What a horrible idea.

With Chevy?

Ed Helms and Christina Applegate in the lead roles.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 am

I was home sick yesterday and watched 3 movies:

Expendables 2 - Not bad but not as good as the first one. The cameos in the first one were done cleverly. Part 2, not so much. I got what I wanted though. Stuff blowing up and good guys always hitting their targets and never running out of bullets.

Bourne Legacy - Nothing spectacular. Standard high budget action flick. I liked it.

End of Watch - Interesting film. There isn't really a plot (but there kinda is). It's basically just a year or so in the lives of 2 LAPD officers. It's a mix of "found footage" and no steady cam (think NYPD Blue). Good acting and the characters were written really well. I recommend it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:

With Chevy?

Really starting to hate Ed Helms.
Last edited by FreeCandy44 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:25 am

Certain films should never be remade. Vacation is one of them. So help me if they ever remake Caddyshack...
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:26 am

Why does it bother people so much when movies they like get remade? The first movie will still exist and there is no requirement to see the new one.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:27 am

I guess it's respecting the art. It was perfect the first time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby since1970 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:

With Chevy?

...........Chevy busy doing a Land Shark franchise on Scifi???
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:29 am

Maybe he'll end up on the roof of the car.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 am

PensFanInDC wrote:I guess it's respecting the art. It was perfect the first time.

For me it just screams easy cash grab.

If it's a more effects/action driven movie, and you figure an update could actually improve the overall quality, maybe produce something closer to the director's original vision, then sure, go for it. But a straight comedy?

I'd just prefer to see the money that's being sunk into this movie be spent on creating something more original that I would actually be interested in seeing.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 am

Comedy has changed a lot since those movies. I don't see much of a problem with it, though I likely won't see it unless I hear something great about it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 am

Saw The Conjuring Sunday night...ehhhhh, mehhhhh, pass.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR