Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 am

watched Olympus has fallen last night. It's like Die Hard and Commando had a baby in the white house. That sentence alone should be enough of an endorsement to watch it, but it's completely ridiculous and completely awesome. Gerad Butler is a badass.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:56 am

I thought that movie would have been better if every advance the bad guys meant didn't invoke "there is no way that could possibly happen".

Spoiler:
15 minutes for a response? lulz.


Spoiler:
The movie woudl have been so much better if Morgan Freeman just said "we don't negotiate with terrorists, we're sending an army into the white house, you can either surrender right now and then we will execute you or you can let this army come slaughter you."
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,894
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:02 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I thought that movie would have been better if every advance the bad guys meant didn't invoke "there is no way that could possibly happen".

Spoiler:
15 minutes for a response? lulz.


Spoiler:
The movie woudl have been so much better if Morgan Freeman just said "we don't negotiate with terrorists, we're sending an army into the white house, you can either surrender right now and then we will execute you or you can let this army come slaughter you."


you are right, hence, "completely ridiculous" from above. It was still a great action movie, right? I was surprised at how violent it was. Even though it had every cliched generic action scene to fill the quota, they didn't waste anytime with it. Did you still like it?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 am

I thought it was was pretty cool. I was fine with pretty much everything in the movie other than the taking of the White House. So basically that 10 minutes of the movie annoyed me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,894
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:17 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I thought it was was pretty cool. I was fine with pretty much everything in the movie other than the taking of the White House. So basically that 10 minutes of the movie annoyed me.


the bad guy reminded me of a well dressed Chong Li from Bloodsport.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am

I was hoping the fight with him would be like the Bale v Epps fight at the end of Equilibrium. No one that wears a suit vest without a jacket can fight. :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,894
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Movie

Postby canaan on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:22 am

eddysnake wrote:the bad guy reminded me of a well dressed Chong Li from Bloodsport.

i had no interest in his movie, until this was said.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,232
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am
Location: H2S

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 am

canaan wrote:
eddysnake wrote:the bad guy reminded me of a well dressed Chong Li from Bloodsport.

i had no interest in his movie, until this was said.

based on your logic, I find no reason to argue with your decision. It's basically a great 90s action flick done with a high budget today. My wife even liked it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:33 am

Is it American Ninja good?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,897
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Is it American Ninja good?


Butler is no Dudikoff, but he's pretty damn awesome in this flick. Lots of good one liners.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44 am

The fact that you know of American Ninja is good enough for me...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,897
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 am

well I am a human
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby nocera on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:30 pm

I had planned on going to see Kick Ass 2 tonight. Then I looked at the reviews. Yikes. I've been a lot more selective with my time/money lately when it comes to movies and I don't have the time or the money to see something subpar.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,258
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:32 pm

nocera wrote:I had planned on going to see Kick Ass 2 tonight. Then I looked at the reviews. Yikes. I've been a lot more selective with my time/money lately when it comes to movies and I don't have the time or the money to see something subpar.


so Jobs it is!
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby nocera on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:41 pm

eddysnake wrote:
nocera wrote:I had planned on going to see Kick Ass 2 tonight. Then I looked at the reviews. Yikes. I've been a lot more selective with my time/money lately when it comes to movies and I don't have the time or the money to see something subpar.


so Jobs it is!


Oh man.

Side note: My girlfriend surprised me the other day and actually wanted to watch Star Wars. After explaining (in far too much detail) why we HAD to start with episode IV, we started the series. Jedi is up next. It's really interesting to watch these with a completely fresh set of eyes.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,258
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:42 pm

kick ass 2 looks wildly uninteresting.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,621
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Kelly's Heroes is a great movie. I find it odd that the French village where the gold was at had such a large supply of American flags after it was liberated.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,845
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:31 am
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Movie

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:10 pm

shmenguin wrote:kick ass 2 looks wildly uninteresting.

Kinda like the first one?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,767
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Movie

Postby the wicked child on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

The interactions between Big Daddy and Hit Girl made the first movie. Kick Ass himself was kinda meh. Now w/o Nick Cage, that dynamic is gone so not really interested.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,031
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Movie

Postby PensFanInDC on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Kelly's Heroes is a great movie. I find it odd that the French village where the gold was at had such a large supply of American flags after it was liberated.


Very good. You get a cookie....
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,897
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:02 pm

the wicked child wrote:The interactions between Big Daddy and Hit Girl made the first movie. Kick Ass himself was kinda meh. Now w/o Nick Cage, that dynamic is gone so not really interested.


Yeah pretty much. Clark Duke is pretty great too.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,621
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby columbia on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Sam Peckinpah knew how to make a film.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,340
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 am

The rape of europa streaming on Netflix. Great documentary on Hitler & the nazis theft /pillage of art across Europe. Very interesting.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:41 am

i just started Sadako on netflix... the 3-D sequel to the Ring... heard just awful things about it. should be a good time!
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,942
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby columbia on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:43 am

columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,340
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tjand72 and 9 guests


e-mail