Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby viva la ben on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:10 pm

It sounds like deleted scenes from Borat.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:31 am

I loved the Avengers when i first saw it, and I still really like it. I think I like it less every time I see it, though.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:38 am

The rumors that keep popping up about the Batman vs. Superman movie are making me nervous. Its already a sequel to "Man of Steel" with the entire cast of characters that includes. Then they add Batman and his cast of characters. A bit crowded for a Superman sequel, but the pure awesomeness makes everyone scream with delight. Glossing over the Affleck casting (I think he'll do a good job), there was a lot to be excited about.

Then came a rumor over the weekend: Jamie Alexander as Wonder Woman. Ummm okay? She's hot, has the physicality for the role, would probably be a good choice, but is she necessary? And then todays rumor: WB looking for an actor to play Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing. :scared: What!?!? Additionally, he and Batman had a falling out many years ago and have become estranged. Aside from the necessity of having that character in the film, how is there room for that story? Time to give that relationship the development it deserves? Will Superman even exist in this movie aside from the part where he "versus Batman"?

A Superman/Batman movie is a good move for WB. It puts their two biggest DC properties on screen together for the first time, quickly moves Batman away from Nolan's trilogy, and opens the door for more stories about the DC Universe. WB trying to make up for lost time by throwing as many DC characters as possible into the movie without proper introduction or character development so they can bang zoom straight into a JLA movie is a very bad move. Hopefully the rumors are just rumors, though Jamie Alexander has all but substantiated WB's interest in her as Wonder Woman.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 am

Last I had read about it, it didn't have all of the characters. If this is true, that sounds horrible.

Also, searching for Jamie Alexander results in just a bunch of articles about some dress she wore. :scared:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Last I had read about it, it didn't have all of the characters. If this is true, that sounds horrible.

Also, searching for Jamie Alexander results in just a bunch of articles about some dress she wore. :scared:

that wasn't just some dress. that was some dress, you know what I'm saying (fresh prince voice)
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:09 am

I assumed the fresh prince voice to be the narrator for all of your word vomits on the board :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:10 am

canaan wrote:I assumed the fresh prince voice to be the narrator for all of your word vomits on the board :lol:

Same, except i'm not laughing at the end of my comment. There is no face with a straight line serious mouth on it, but thats the one.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 am

interesting assumption, that really makes me step back to reexamine my previous regurgitations. I could see Nightwing/Dick Grayson working out, isn't Batman supposed to be older and worn down? Now he has someone to do the heavy lifting for him? There are 4 ladies being mentioned as the female role in this, and I believe olga kurylenko and Jamie ALexander are the 2 known. so far so good.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

I read that Batman/Bruce Wayne is supposed to have a love interest, maybe Jamie Alexander will be Diana Prince and he doesn't know she is Wonder Woman. I think it would be a bad idea because he's Batman so of course he would know.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 am

DC and WB should just go at their own pace and do things right instead of worrying about what Marvel is doing. They havent even really introduced Clark Kent the diguise character fully yet. Still no lex Luther yet as well. If they are going to rush this like they seem that they are. They should just stamp Justice League on the title instead of a Man of Steel 2 or batman vs Superman sequel. JMO
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm

eddysnake wrote:interesting assumption, that really makes me step back to reexamine my previous regurgitations. I could see Nightwing/Dick Grayson working out, isn't Batman supposed to be older and worn down? Now he has someone to do the heavy lifting for him? There are 4 ladies being mentioned as the female role in this, and I believe olga kurylenko and Jamie ALexander are the 2 known. so far so good.

He is supposed to be older and worn down, which is something that has bothered me since it was said. You just finished a Batman series, why start your new Batman series with Batman in the exact same position as he was in the last Batman movie? Go with Batman in the early to middle part of his career. Give the character (and movie series) some life and longevity. Don't give me broken and beaten from the get-go. I still remember the confusion from Batman Begins not being a prequel to Batman, "didn't The Joker already die in the first one?", and "why isn't Jack Nicholson playing The Joker again?" A Batman that is almost a carbon copy of the last iteration of the character just creates confusion with the non-fanboy, non-internet rumor following segment of the paying public (which is the majority).

CERV96 wrote:DC and WB should just go at their own pace and do things right instead of worrying about what Marvel is doing. They havent even really introduced Clark Kent the diguise character fully yet. Still no lex Luther yet as well. If they are going to rush this like they seem that they are. They should just stamp Justice League on the title instead of a Man of Steel 2 or batman vs Superman sequel. JMO

Excellent point about Clark Kent. There is so much to explore in Superman's existence before we start throwing a half dozen new (major) characters into a Superman sequel. It gives me the impressions that WB continues to feel like Superman isn't going to be the tent pole, high profit franchise they want it to be, so they are scrambling to create a universe that can match The Avengers. Instead, they should take it slow. Build Superman and a new, in his prime, Batman. Work off of The World's Finest. Introduce new characters in their own movies and bring the universe together. Based off Disney/Marvel's high paced schedule, we're probably looking at The Avengers 3 in 2018, followed by a questionable future for the characters and the actors playing those characters. If WB would slow their roll, a JLA movie in 2019 or 2020 would fill that void perfectly. Instead, they want to go warp speed into a JL movie before the DC Universe is even established.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:14 pm

If they are adding Wonder Woman as a character, it seems like its just a setup to JL. It makes sense to have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman all introduced before a JL movie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 pm

While we're on a sort of comic book kick... has Gambit been introduced in any of the recent Xmen movies? He was always my favorite character from the cartoons in the 90's.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:30 pm

count2infinity wrote:While we're on a sort of comic book kick... has Gambit been introduced in any of the recent Xmen movies? He was always my favorite character from the cartoons in the 90's.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine by Taylor Kitsch for like 10 minutes.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

That Wolverine movie was so bad.

I think the 2000 movie should have had Gambit in it from the start. He was such a big part of the Xmen canon throughout the 90s.

I liked X3 a lot when it came out but my opinion of it since then isn't as great.

And its really funny how they're using this time travel story in Days of Future Past to eliminate X3 and Origins Wolverine from the canon.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

The gambit character presented in that movie could carry a solo movie.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:That Wolverine movie was so bad.

I think the 2000 movie should have had Gambit in it from the start. He was such a big part of the Xmen canon throughout the 90s.

I liked X3 a lot when it came out but my opinion of it since then isn't as great.

And its really funny how they're using this time travel story in Days of Future Past to eliminate X3 and Origins Wolverine from the canon.

How does this eliminate it? Marvel is all about alternate timelines.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:39 pm

I have yet to watch that one. I find it hard to believe that he has been excluded from all of these xmen movies.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:42 pm

He is actually mentioned in X2 as well. When mystique accesses the computer at the prison, the mouse stops briefly on Gambit's real name before it ends up on Magneto.

And I agree that I could watch a movie based on the Gambit that was in Origins: Wolverine for like 10 minutes.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:How does this eliminate it? Marvel is all about alternate timelines.

They're sending the Logan of the near future's mind back into his Nixon era body to fix the dumb parts of the established movies, eliminating the need to watch them :wink:
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Tim Riggins
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsoccer33 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:51 pm

Hollywood will never let Taylor Kitsch lead a film after John Carter and Battleship's combined megalosses.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 pm

I liked John Carter and Mr. Riggins. Isn't he in the new lone survivor movie?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

not that I'll go see it in theaters, but I think this looks pretty cool
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Dickie Dunn on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:59 pm

eddysnake wrote:I liked John Carter and Mr. Riggins. Isn't he in the new lone survivor movie?

Yes. Lone Survivor is directed by Peter Berg, who directed Kitsch in Battleship and was the creator/executive producer of Friday Night Lights.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to NHR