Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:35 pm

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The one from Sweden. I thought it was good. Not 5 stars, but I'll probably give it 4. They have an extended trilogy kinda thing on Netflix with additional 2+ hours of content so we're going to watch that too when we find some time.

But I was going to ask... is the American version also worth watching? I looked at the cast and the guys who play the reporter and the murderer should be good in their roles. The Mara girl... kind of fugly, but may fit the role. I don't want to waiste 2 hours if it sucks.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Godric wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I watched Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time with Gemma Arterton and Jake Gallyhaad and thought it was very good. I'd give it even a 4.5 out of 5. Well, it's worth watching just to look at Gemma for a bit, but everything else really surprised me.


Gemma Arterton is in my top 3....

It looks like this:

1.) Britt Robertson
2.) Gemma Arterton
3.) Olga Kurylenko

:D


Oh, yeah. Good eye.. they're hot. :thumb:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,340
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: Movie

Postby canaan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The one from Sweden. I thought it was good. Not 5 stars, but I'll probably give it 4. They have an extended trilogy kinda thing on Netflix with additional 2+ hours of content so we're going to watch that too when we find some time.

But I was going to ask... is the American version also worth watching? I looked at the cast and the guys who play the reporter and the murderer should be good in their roles. The Mara girl... kind of fugly, but may fit the role. I don't want to waiste 2 hours if it sucks.

there is an extended rape scene that is quite unnerving (more unnerved than i've been in a while watching a movie). that being said, the movie is a quality watch, for an americanized version of a good tale.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,700
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Nevin Shapiro A&M

Re: Movie

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Rylan wrote:I actually cannot wait for "Ted" to come out. Looks hysterical.

The red band trailer is worth the price of a movie ticket, imo. :lol:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,085
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Movie

Postby meecrofilm on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I quite enjoyed 'Jeff Who Lives At Home.'
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,868
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Movie

Postby tifosi77 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:45 pm

It was announced today that "Jaws" will be available on BluRay in August. :fist:

This is possibly the most influential movie in the history of the motion picture industry. The first $100 million grossing film; the first 'summer blockbuster'; the fist movie to successfully exploit television advertising, which in turn led it to be the first film to have a wide simultaneous release across the country..... and that doesn't even begin to touch on the importance of the film to film makers.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,085
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Movie

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm

when will Jaws be remade?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,757
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Hockeynut! on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 pm

tifosi77 wrote:It was announced today that "Jaws" will be available on BluRay in August. :fist:

This is possibly the most influential movie in the history of the motion picture industry. The first $100 million grossing film; the first 'summer blockbuster'; the fist movie to successfully exploit television advertising, which in turn led it to be the first film to have a wide simultaneous release across the country..... and that doesn't even begin to touch on the importance of the film to film makers.

:thumb:
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,056
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:21 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:when will Jaws be remade?


Michael Bay has already announced it's slated for a 2014 release.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 60,559
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby nocera on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Just got HBO, so I'm catching up on movies I've missed. First up was Bridesmaids. Loved it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,692
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Movie

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:10 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:when will Jaws be remade?


Michael Bay has already announced it's slated for a 2014 release.


Please tell me this isn't true
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,917
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Movie

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Lots of movie watching over the weekend:
1) Sucker Punch - very bizarre, interesting but knew the end in the first 20 minutes.
2) Hugo - 30 minutes too long for my tastes. I appreciate the moving-making history but could've been less tedious.
3) In Time - Interesting concept for a film (using time as currency) a little trite but good action and Justin Timberlake wasn't bad
4) Lorax - cute family film and I don't think it beat you up too much with the environmental message
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,245
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Movie

Postby IrishEyes on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:It was announced today that "Jaws" will be available on BluRay in August. :fist:

This is possibly the most influential movie in the history of the motion picture industry. The first $100 million grossing film; the first 'summer blockbuster'; the fist movie to successfully exploit television advertising, which in turn led it to be the first film to have a wide simultaneous release across the country..... and that doesn't even begin to touch on the importance of the film to film makers.

:thumb:


Show me the way to go home... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed... I had a little drink about an hour and it went right to my head...
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,264
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: Damn the Man! Save the Empire!

Re: Movie

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 am

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:when will Jaws be remade?


Michael Bay has already announced it's slated for a 2014 release.


Please tell me this isn't true

Michael Bay to direct Jaws remake…
… casts Nicolas Cage to voice shark.

:wink:

Honestly, tho.... I think I would murder Michael Bay if this was true. There is no more offensive movie maker in the world to me than Michael fricking Bay.

IrishEyes wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:It was announced today that "Jaws" will be available on BluRay in August. :fist:

This is possibly the most influential movie in the history of the motion picture industry. The first $100 million grossing film; the first 'summer blockbuster'; the fist movie to successfully exploit television advertising, which in turn led it to be the first film to have a wide simultaneous release across the country..... and that doesn't even begin to touch on the importance of the film to film makers.

:thumb:


Show me the way to go home... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed... I had a little drink about an hour and it went right to my head...

Wherever I may roam.... by land or sea or phone..... you can always hear me singin' this song....... SHOW ME THE WAY TO GO HOME!

:fist:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,085
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Movie

Postby Froggy on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 am

hahaha... if michael bay directed jaws, i bet he'd have some stupid ending where the shark blows up or something... hahahaha.










oh, wait
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,334
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Movie

Postby eddysnake on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:14 am

watched the descendants last night, I liked it more than I thought I would.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,103
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Movie

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 am

Man, that Cabin in the Woods movie is supposed to be really good.

And the utter lack of reviews thus far for The Three Stooges, two days before its release date, tells me it's going to suck.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 60,559
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Movie

Postby tifosi77 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am

My wife said Entertainment Weekly just gave it an A or A-.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,085
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Movie

Postby mac5155 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 am



This movie looks very good.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,728
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Movie

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am

I love Michael bay :pop:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,997
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Movie

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 am

Ted is basically Wilfred, except the 2 characters get along better, right?

...still looks funny though
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,067
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Movie

Postby Rylan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:00 am

shmenguin wrote:Ted is basically Wilfred, except the 2 characters get along better, right?

...still looks funny though


The teddy bear is a real person though. In Wilfred, Wilfred was a dog to everyone but Ryan (Elijah Wood)
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,216
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Movie

Postby Hockeynut! on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm going to the drive in tonight to see The Cabin in the Woods and Silent House.

<-------------- Very excited.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,056
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: Movie

Postby Hockeynut! on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:23 am

If you're a horror fan, please do yourself and the genre a favor and go see Cabin in the Woods.

I watched it last night. It wasn't the best horror movie ever but it was very entertaining and was heads and shoulders better than every remake/found footage/Saw 35/horror movie that has come out in theatres lately.

If horror fans don't go see this movie in the theatres, then they really can't complain about Hollywood only releasing watered down remakes and PG13 horror. Too many horror fans just wait for DVD or, worse yet, download the movies. Then they wonder why only movies like Paranormal Activity 25 get wide releases.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,056
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:55 am

Re: Movie

Postby Eismann on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:If you're a horror fan, please do yourself and the genre a favor and go see Cabin in the Woods.

I watched it last night. It wasn't the best horror movie ever but it was very entertaining and was heads and shoulders better than every remake/found footage/Saw 35/horror movie that has come out in theatres lately.

If horror fans don't go see this movie in the theatres, then they really can't complain about Hollywood only releasing watered down remakes and PG13 horror. Too many horror fans just wait for DVD or, worse yet, download the movies. Then they wonder why only movies like Paranormal Activity 25 get wide releases.


Good to hear. I hope to get to the theater to see it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,902
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:14 am
Location: Hi.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


e-mail