Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Dexter Anyone? **Possible Spoilers Ahead**

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Season 5 was the worst, season 3 was the 2nd worst, I have to say i'd possibly put this season third from the bottom as of now. Although the past episode was better
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm

1 and 4 were by far the best 2.

2, 6, 7 were all good

3, 5 sucked
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I am in the minority here, but I really liked season 5. Hated season 6 with Colin Hanks. Id rank them like this...

1,2,4 - Great

3,5,7 - Good

6 - Awful

8 - trending towards awful, but still a chance to rebound.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby largegarlic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Seasons 1, 2, and 4 were definitely the best. I'm not sure where I'd rank the rest. I felt like the plot of season 5 was kind of weak, but I appreciate the fact that they didn't follow the same " big name guest star is the ultimate villain" formula.

I'm not sure when it was I started laughing at the sub-plots and secondary characters (and not when they were intended to be funny). Definitely last season when Quinn was dating that stripper and Batista randomly bought a restaurant...I'm not sure if I found those aspects to be so laughably bad in season 6.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IanMoran on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:32 pm

I also really liked season 5. I also think I'm in the minority, but I wasn't a huge fan of season 1.. I almost gave up on the series entirely (thought season 2 started slow too, then I loved the Dokes chase at end). Kind of shocked I kept watching it tbh because it took awhile for me to get into

4,6 -Great
2,3, 5 - Good
1 - "Meh"
7 Awful
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 pm

Season 2 was awful. I'm confused by the support here.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:58 am

I'm confused that you all still watch the show. If it's so terrible why are you still watching? The consensus here is that the show sucks. I think I'm the only one who can enjoy this show. Makes me feel special. Like they are making these episodes just for me.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:04 am

I loved all the other seasons. But this one, being the "final" season...I was expecting so much more than slow, drawn out, boring story lines.

I've watched from the very 1st episode and have up to season 6 on DVD so far.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am

PensFanInDC wrote:I'm confused that you all still watch the show. If it's so terrible why are you still watching? The consensus here is that the show sucks. I think I'm the only one who can enjoy this show. Makes me feel special. Like they are making these episodes just for me.

i don't watch it anymore, but i pop into this thread to see how it's panning out. i'm tempted to, but i don't come in here to pile on with "see, i told you it sucks" stuff. in this case, i'm legitimately perplexed why people liked season 2. the drug addict spin was super lame. and the deb romance angle made me nauseous.

i actually liked season 3, which seems to be wildly unpopular. *shrug*
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby largegarlic on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:40 am

I liked season 2 because everything was still so open-ended at that point. It really seemed possible that Dexter was going to get caught or at least charged with all of the murders. At that point, with the show being relatively new, it was possible to see it shifting to being about Dexter in prison or Dexter on the run from the law. After that season, the show pretty much settled into "Dexter has conflict with new serial killer and kills him, someone kind of suspects him/almost catches him, but he always gets away with it." Some of those seasons after season 2 did that formula well (season 4), others not so much.

I still enjoy the show even if I scoff at some of the stuff that happens on there. The basic premise is still interesting, Michael C. Hall still does a good job as Dexter, and the guest stars are usually good. It's just become one of those shows that I enjoy for its genuinely good aspects and its laughably bad aspects. I mentioned way back in the TV thread that it's in the same category as The Walking Dead and Spartacus for me--all enjoyable for their occasional awesomeness and occasional unintentional comedy.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Okay, *** just got real. Last night's episode was finally worthy of the Dexter name. Hannah remains part of the story, the apprentice -- what the heck happened there?? Deb turning normal...is Quinn the killer???
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 pm

It's about time they had an episode that got back on track. Ruins one of my theories for the ending.

But, of course, they aren't going to do anything predictable for this finale.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Spangler on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Theoretical spoiler.

Spoiler:
To me it seems obvious the doctor is the killer. Dexter tells her to take the kid home, and he ends up dead the next time you see him. They also cut to her with the brain fragment in a jar while Dexter is giving his monologue. Sure it could have been sent to her, but what if it were a trophy?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Spangler wrote:Theoretical spoiler.

Spoiler:
To me it seems obvious the doctor is the killer. Dexter tells her to take the kid home, and he ends up dead the next time you see him. They also cut to her with the brain fragment in a jar while Dexter is giving his monologue. Sure it could have been sent to her, but what if it were a trophy?

I agree with this and it was my first theory. The only thing that bugs me is that would mean she put herself in a situation where she might die at the hands of Mr. Foot Fetish.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Last night's episode was certainly the best of the season. My new theory...

Spoiler:
The killer is Cassie's boyfriend, and I think that he is Dr Vogel's son. Remember at dinner Hannah asked her how she got into it this whole thing, and Vogel said that it was a story from a long time ago that she doesnt want to get into. If the TBS is indeed her son and she helped create him, that would explain why he keeps sending all of his trophies to her. Plus, he has an accent similar to the one that Vogel has.

I think that Quinn planted the blood on Cassie to try and frame Zach, and he now knows that Dexter is withholding information on him. Everything is closing in on Dexter for these final 4 episodes, including...

1. Quinn is onto him for covering up for Zach (even though Zach didn't kill Cassie).

2. The Brain Surgeon is stalking Dexter (he left Zach's dead body in Dexter's apartment, for one) like he stalks his prey, and he is jealous of Dexter's relationship with Vogel.

3. Even though she let Hannah go, she is still fuming that Dexter wants to be with her. Couple that with the fact that Deb and Quinn get close again in the previews, who knows what happens. Maybe Deb falls in love with Quinn again (or maybe she still is) and he is able to convince her to go after her brother once and for all.

I guess that the TBS kills Vogel, and Dexter kills him because he looks at Vogel like a mother and TBS is another long lost brother (so to speak) that he needed to dispose of (like the Ice Truck Killer). Dexter then has to choose between Deb and Hannah once and for all, and he kills Deb and Quinn to allow for his escape and he runs away with Hannah and Harrison (remember, he has a passport guy) forever.

This will probably change next week, but it's what I think as of now.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitts on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Last night's episode was certainly the best of the season. My new theory...

Spoiler:
The killer is Cassie's boyfriend, and I think that he is Dr Vogel's son. Remember at dinner Hannah asked her how she got into it this whole thing, and Vogel said that it was a story from a long time ago that she doesnt want to get into. If the TBS is indeed her son and she helped create him, that would explain why he keeps sending all of his trophies to her. Plus, he has an accent similar to the one that Vogel has.

I think that Quinn planted the blood on Cassie to try and frame Zach, and he now knows that Dexter is withholding information on him. Everything is closing in on Dexter for these final 4 episodes, including...

1. Quinn is onto him for covering up for Zach (even though Zach didn't kill Cassie).

2. The Brain Surgeon is stalking Dexter (he left Zach's dead body in Dexter's apartment, for one) like he stalks his prey, and he is jealous of Dexter's relationship with Vogel.

3. Even though she let Hannah go, she is still fuming that Dexter wants to be with her. Couple that with the fact that Deb and Quinn get close again in the previews, who knows what happens. Maybe Deb falls in love with Quinn again (or maybe she still is) and he is able to convince her to go after her brother once and for all.

I guess that the TBS kills Vogel, and Dexter kills him because he looks at Vogel like a mother and TBS is another long lost brother (so to speak) that he needed to dispose of (like the Ice Truck Killer). Dexter then has to choose between Deb and Hannah once and for all, and he kills Deb and Quinn to allow for his escape and he runs away with Hannah and Harrison (remember, he has a passport guy) forever.

This will probably change next week, but it's what I think as of now.
:thumb: Well thought out. I'm finally looking forward to the next episode!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:40 am

I'm not one to complain about TV shows. Especially ones that I've enjoyed as much as Dexter. However, I'm just not enjoying this season like I previously have. I'm almost dreading watching week to week.

I think I'm going to let the last 3 episodes go by and then watch all 3 at once. This way I can FF through cringe worthy parts and just get to the ending.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Spangler on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:03 pm

They've been wasting too much time with this season. 3 episodes left and only a couple things of note happened.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Was there an episode last night?
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 pm

No...next episode is next week. not sure why, but I suppose due to the holiday.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:40 pm

This season took a turn for the terrible.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitts on Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Kraftster wrote:This season took a turn for the terrible.

Expand...

I'm definitely drawn in now. Can't wait for next week. The FBI agent is too close. I Dex going to do himself in via his own thirst for vengeance?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:09 am

I haven't liked this season at all so far, but tonight was just so colossally bad. I was embarrassed for the show. There were a ton of gmafb moments. One general example, one specific. I think the writers just failed at making Dexter's "protectiveness" of Vogel right now be believable. Maybe it was the week off and if I watched it straight through I'd feel differently. Or maybe if I didn't watch it after Breaking Bad, which has been about the complete opposite of Dexter in terms of final season success, but the entire show I was like, "wait, why do we care about this Saxson dude? Who cares, man. Get on the plane and get out of town." Just no way to integrate Vogel enough to where she is the cause of Dexter's downfall. Hanging around to kill one last time in order to be a hero or protect Vogel, or...what?

As for specific example, the Harrison treadmill fall/Hannah trip to the ER? lol, come on.

I guess commenting on Quinn and Jamie would just be overkill.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 am

I read some spoilers yesterday regarding the last 3 episodes of Dexter, and the one for last night was spot on. If what I read for the last 2 end up being right, I think some will like the ending, but the majority will be extremely disappointed.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah, I really don't expect many people to like the ending. Not that I know anything, but it's just not heading in the right direction.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR