FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE FA

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:54 am

I'm going to LOL if Goodell doesn't to anything to Favre. The pictures exist, how in the world has he not gotten in trouble yet, or hell even atleast fined!

It's a joke.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 am

Malkamaniac wrote:I'm going to LOL if Goodell doesn't to anything to Favre. The pictures exist, how in the world has he not gotten in trouble yet, or hell even atleast fined!

It's a joke.

A quick "retire and I'll drop the matter" note should take care of it.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 am

columbia wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I'm going to LOL if Goodell doesn't to anything to Favre. The pictures exist, how in the world has he not gotten in trouble yet, or hell even atleast fined!

It's a joke.

So they can sweep it under the rug? If Goodell wanted to make any kind of impression with the players on being held accountable, he would easily take this moment to to take care of a "legend" who thinks he can do what he wants. However, he won't, even when there is concrete evidence.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:07 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
columbia wrote:

It's a joke.

So they can sweep it under the rug? If Goodell wanted to make any kind of impression with the players on being held accountable, he would easily take this moment to to take care of a "legend" who thinks he can do what he wants. However, he won't, even when there is concrete evidence.

If he retires, what can Goodell do to him?
Ban him from holding an NFL position other than player? That doesn't seem worth the effort.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:09 am

Ban him from holding an NFL position other than player? That doesn't seem worth the effort.

For a man so hell bent on getting people fined, I'd hit him in his pocket. You have one of the MAJOR faces of the NFL sending his weenis to a woman?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:12 am

Malkamaniac wrote:

For a man so hell bent on getting people fined, I'd hit him in his pocket. You have one of the MAJOR faces of the NFL sending his weenis to a woman?

I don't disagree on principle, but the NFL has to think about damage control to some extent.
Telling him to just get the **** out here is the quietest way to handle on their end.
I have no idea what legal issues favre will face, but it won't be the NFL's problem at that point.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:18 am

columbia wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I don't disagree on principle, but the NFL has to think about damage control to some extent.
Telling him to just get the **** out here is the quietest way to handle on their end.
I have no idea what legal issues favre will face, but it won't be the NFL's problem at that point.

I don't like just telling him to get the **** out of here. The NFL comes off looking worse.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
columbia wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

I don't like just telling him to get the **** out of here. The NFL comes off looking worse.

I would love for the NFL to tell him to get the **** out of here. If I was the NFL, I would have a meeting with Favre, tell him that, video tape it, and sell it. They would bring in big $$$. I know I would buy it. Maybe Favre would even cry (again) :pop:
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby slappybrown on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5965863

What a joke. Deadspin had all the evidence you need. The phone numbers. The Myspace page/username. An even half respectable PI -- let alone one that the NFL would hire -- could have confirmed it was indeed from Favre in a day or two.

I'm not a Steelers conspiracy theorist, but Favre, as an employee of the Jets, sending unwanted pics of his junk to another Jets employee is a joke compared to what Ben got for....being wasted and hooking up in a bathroom.

/cue Ben is a rapist comments
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kaizer on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 pm

/cue Ben is a rapist comments

ben roethlisberger is a rapist
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jamespensfan on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:36 pm

It is a total joke. Goodell has had himself quite a year. He is a moron.
jamespensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:58 am

the notion that he ever deserved a fine or suspension in the first place is moronic as is the NFL attempting to play judge/jury/executioner handing out fines for "personal" conduct.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 pm

knives of ice wrote:the notion that he ever deserved a fine or suspension in the first place is moronic as is the NFL attempting to play judge/jury/executioner handing out fines for "personal" conduct.

Umm, sexual harassment? That's not personal conduct, that's a law. Hence the investigation. Send one of your co-workers a picture of your junk and see what happens if she reports it to HR...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby knives of ice on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:50 pm

bhaw wrote:
knives of ice wrote:the notion that he ever deserved a fine or suspension in the first place is moronic as is the NFL attempting to play judge/jury/executioner handing out fines for "personal" conduct.

Umm, sexual harassment? That's not personal conduct, that's a law. Hence the investigation. Send one of your co-workers a picture of your junk and see what happens if she reports it to HR...

i don't believe he sexually harassed her nor do i believe she was offended in any shape or form. if she was offended, she would have come forward much earlier. i would bet she found it funny to get those pictures from someone so famous as she was reportedly showing them all her friends, etc which is how deadspin found out. heck, the statute of limitations for sexual harassment already had run out. we heard 1 side of the story, which was complete hearsay by deadspin and we never heard her side at all nor did we hear his.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:01 pm

bhaw wrote:

lol...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 pm

knives of ice wrote:
bhaw wrote:

i don't believe he sexually harassed her nor do i believe she was offended in any shape or form. if she was offended, she would have come forward much earlier. i would bet she found it funny to get those pictures from someone so famous as she was reportedly showing them all her friends, etc which is how deadspin found out. heck, the statute of limitations for sexual harassment already had run out. we heard 1 side of the story, which was complete hearsay by deadspin and we never heard her side at all nor did we hear his.

its a he said/she said....basically what the roethlisberger incident dwindled down to. (just to an escalated scale). Definitely a punishable incident.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby conforto45 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:38 pm

hopefully she sent pictures back to him....shes very easy on the eyes

conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bhaw on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:51 pm

knives of ice wrote:
bhaw wrote:

Hence an investigation. Favre, at this point, has not been punished at all for the actual incident. He has been punished for not cooperating with the investigation.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby knives of ice on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:35 pm

bhaw wrote:

i don't believe he sexually harassed her nor do i believe she was offended in any shape or form. if she was offended, she would have come forward much earlier. i would bet she found it funny to get those pictures from someone so famous as she was reportedly showing them all her friends, etc which is how deadspin found out. heck, the statute of limitations for sexual harassment already had run out. we heard 1 side of the story, which was complete hearsay by deadspin and we never heard her side at all nor did we hear his.[/quote]

its a he said/she said....basically what the roethlisberger incident dwindled down to. (just to an escalated scale). Definitely a punishable incident.[/quote]

they aren't even close to being the same incident. she never went to the cops to press charges, this was never investigated by the police. this was brought about because of leaked information to a website. nothing Farve allegedly did could have resulted in jailtime where as Ben could have went to prison if the charges were found to be true. HUGE difference.

if she was so offended she would have cooperated immediately with the NFL. the only reason she did was because the TV show she was on was canceled and it was likely determined it was better for her career to participate.

its not as if Farve was calling her leaving Pat Obrien like answering machine messages (google to hear those).
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 am

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tjand72 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:58 pm

Favre being sued for sexual harassment by two female massage therapists.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive- ... d=12531048

In the wake of a sex scandal that tarnished Brett Favre's storied 20-year NFL career and cost him a a $50,000 fine, two more women have come forward, filing a sexual harassment suit against the star quarterback.

Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole, both former massage therapists for the New York Jets, filed suit against Favre, the New York Jets and Lisa Ripi, a woman who hires massage therapists for the team, in the Supreme Court of the State of New York today.

The suit alleges that the Jets' locker room and training camp are "a hot bed of sexual harassment, sexism and inappropriate behavior."
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby slappybrown on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 pm

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13831137

DIAMONDHEAD, MS (WLOX) - The younger sister of football great Brett Favre was among those arrested at the site of a meth lab in Diamondhead Wednesday.

Hancock County narcotics agents uncovered the active meth lab at a condo complex off Golf Club Drive. Seven of the units were evacuated.

Investigators said they spotted a drug buy in progress at a gas station at the front of Diamondhead. Those suspects then led deputies back to the meth lab location.

WTF
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 pm

meth is f'd up.

Thats one of the few drugs i'd have no interest in trying.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Was Doc amongst the others arrested???
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Troy Loney wrote:meth is f'd up.

Thats one of the few drugs i'd have no interest in trying.

Truth.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR