What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby danisu21 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.



This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.


i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny. that, and my mom calls and leaves me voicemails of her saying "you know, cause i'm a pothole?" and it seriously DOES remind me of britney. (which is probably why it's so annoying)
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,114
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby K2 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 pm

danisu21 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.



This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.


i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny. that, and my mom calls and leaves me voicemails of her saying "you know, cause i'm a pothole?" and it seriously DOES remind me of britney. (which is probably why it's so annoying)


Wow...I didn't read a single post in this thread, but this was the one that immediately came to mind. Brutal.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,898
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:35 pm
Location: Kuhnhackl's German Army

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby Steve on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:59 pm

The Best Buy christmas carol commercial is up there with the "Saved by Zero" commercial earlier this year in suckitude.

That commercial just makes me want to shop at Circuit City instead. Oh wait...
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,687
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby danisu21 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

oh, just for fun, i just saw a recent picture of jared fogel (the subway guy). he got fat again. i guess eating subway everyday really ISN'T that great of a diet plan..... :pop:
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,114
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby wallflower on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:42 am

Steve wrote:The Best Buy christmas carol commercial is up there with the "Saved by Zero" commercial earlier this year in suckitude.

That commercial just makes me want to shop at Circuit City instead. Oh wait...

I came in here specifically to complain about the Best Buy commercials. :lol: So, yeah, I agree. :thumb:

The only holiday commercial that annoys me more at the moment is the Walmart one with the bad song/carol about not wanting to chase sales and instead being home reading stories by the tree. It makes me feel rage.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,913
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby JoseCuervo on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 am

danisu21 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.



This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.


i actually think this commericial is so annoying that it's funny


:thumb: All my friends hate it, which is why when anything bad happens we all scream "OH NOOOOOO!!!"
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby shmenguin on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am

the best buy commercial and the stupid gap commercials are killing me. both involve people shouting at me to shop at their stores. i think i might seriously boycott cap exclusively because of these commercials.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,592
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:00 pm

Has anyone seen the recent Folgers (or maybe it's Maxwell House) commercials that are so overly corny it's ridiculous?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,735
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby slappybrown on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:44 pm

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,048
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:22 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The talking pothole commercial...when it comes on the TV, it is at a volume that is 600 decibels louder than the show I am watching.



This, and it makes me think about Britney Spears, upon thinking of said Spears I want to punch the T.V.


I love that commercial. The girl has such a cool voice. If she had an audio CD, I'd probably buy it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:25 pm

On the AT&T commercials - AT&T chose the wrong celebrity to star in those. Luke Wilson (Owen, too, for that matter) is so lethargic and boring, he literally puts me to sleep when I watch him. Could he talk any slower? Why does he always look like he was in pain? He acts like that, too. I would not buy a phone from him, no way, no how.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby mac5155 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Sarcastic wrote:On the AT&T commercials - AT&T chose the wrong celebrity to star in those. Luke Wilson (Owen, too, for that matter) is so lethargic and boring, he literally puts me to sleep when I watch him. Could he talk any slower? Why does he always look like he was in pain? He acts like that, too. I would not buy a phone from him, no way, no how.


i never knew they were brothers
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,146
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:11 pm

BAD NEWS PEOPLE

I noticed a Toyota ad on the internet today. What makes that bad news? Well, it was for a 0% financing offer.

And we all remember what happened last time toyota had a 0% financing offer

SAVED BY ZEEEEEEEROOOO
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,132
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby slappybrown on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:15 pm

This is awful. How on Earth is this supposed to convey the spirit of the holidays? All it does is remind me that we are in tough economic times, that Americans too often overspend for their means, and that it can cause marital problems.

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,048
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Those beer commercials (Miller Lite?) where the person really loves the beer. In aprticular the one where the guy can't say "love" except for when the waitress mentions the beer. RAGE.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,023
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 pm

the wicked child wrote:Those beer commercials (Miller Lite?) where the person really loves the beer. In aprticular the one where the guy can't say "love" except for when the waitress mentions the beer. RAGE.


I love those. They're funny.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby pronovost19 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:01 pm

tailgate tested tailgate approved...i just wanna punch that guy
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,198
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:22 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby LeopardLetang on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 am

any car commercial where they show the car on a closed course. i get it. that car can be driven.

basically, all car commercials.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,538
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby shmenguin on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 am

WOW! THAT'S A LOW PRICE!
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,592
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby JS© on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:41 pm

pronovost19 wrote:tailgate tested tailgate approved...i just wanna punch that guy


JIMMY FOOTBALL!!

Image

I'm torn on this one. I can't stand the guy because he's over the top, but at the same time he's so annoying that it's kinda funny.

Then I remember that he was pitching Bud Light, so I went back to not being able to stand him.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,929
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:55 pm

I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby the wicked child on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.

:face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,023
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 pm

the wicked child wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.

:face:

:face:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,283
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 am

Sarcastic wrote:I don't recall any commercials that piss me off right now, but the one I do like is with the guy and girl (in red top and jeans) sitting somewhere... what is he drinking? I don't remember... then she asks him if they were hanging over a cliff and he could only rescue one person, would it be her, his mom, his ugly dog, or the whatever he's drinking. That's a funny one. Cute girl.


it's one of the miller light commercials

I too love it cause my ex enjoyed asking those stupid questions
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Postby the wicked child on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 pm

All the Verizon & AT&T commercials... they are nothing but political smear campaigns.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,023
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gabe, Geezer, Humperdink, Rocco, Shyster and 9 guests


e-mail